Phantom 4 pro plus RC bugs. Admin please help.
1140 7 2017-6-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans417abfbd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 434593 ft
United Kingdom

Hi.
Hopefully admin will come in and help with this one.
First off I have the Phantom 4 Pro Plus and I have to say in general my experience with it so far has been great. I like the inbuilt screen and although it first struck me as being a bit on the small side I really don't have any issues seeing it even in bright sunlight. Unfortunately though it has a few bugs.
1 It randomly asks for the RC Compass to be calibrated
2 the shutter button ( video ) fades out and will not function
3 it randomly shuts down.

I think that about covers it.I know I'm not the only one experiencing these problems from what I read on here and elsewhere. Does DJI have and firmware updates coming up to fix these issues?
Your assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.
2017-6-5
Use props
dancopter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17901030 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

Join the queue:p.
2017-6-5
Use props
wataero
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1719619 ft
United States

I wish I were wrong but it appears that DJI has abandoned support for the Phantom Pro and Adv controllers with the embedded display.  Bug reports go unanswered on this forum and elsewhere.  The GO app is now 4 versions behind  IOS & Android and if they ever do get around to issuing an update it has to be part of a firmware update with its buggy update  procedure.  The bright screen is great but it is NOT worth the defects in the product.  
2017-6-5
Use props
racer888
lvl.3
Flight distance : 99970 ft
United States

Same problem with my P4P+ and the only way I can get the video to start and turn on is with the button on the side of the controller. Same with the camera controls, once the screen buttons fade out I have to use the buttons on the controller to take pictures. Sure wish some from DJI would at least acknowledge us and respond with some sort of comment?????
2017-6-5
Use props
picky
lvl.2
Flight distance : 279 ft
Philippines

Hi I am pleased you posted about the RC Compass to be calibrated. I have the same issue so pleased to know I not the only one. Sorry I cannot offer you a remedy for it
2017-6-7
Use props
fans417abfbd
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Funny isn't it how the Phantom 4 Pro Plus is the model on the DJI Go 4 image. So they are still promoting the device that they can't even be bothered to fix the firmware for! This is a disgrace, come on DJI have the decency to respond. I try to refrain from all the negativity that goes on in this forum but sometimes DJI are their own worst enemy.
2017-6-7
Use props
AndyP.
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3738274 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've also had problems with the Pro controller, It would randomly freeze and/or crash for me. It nearly caused me to lose my marbles when I first took my P4P out of the box, only to have the controller crash and give me a heart attack.
2017-6-7
Use props
fans417abfbd
lvl.4
United Kingdom

First flight today since the new firmware update. It was just a test flight (and feeling a bit apprehensive) as it is a very windy day.  So I still have the on screen shutter button fading out but on the short flight the button worked ok. The gimbal performed very well in the wind. To be fair the gimbal has performed very well before the update but has struggled in side winds. It wasn't perfect but given the wind strength it performed very well. Will see what happens over the coming days
2017-6-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules