Traveling to Europe
1068 4 2017-6-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans92e2ca12
lvl.1
United States

Hello,

I'm going to be traveling to Belgium and then Ireland in a few weeks with my family and wanted to bring my DJI.  I was wondering if anyone had any experience traveling internationally with their drone through carry-on and going through customs in Belgium? Aside from taking out the battery and putting it in a fire proof bag, did anyone have any issues? Or was it fairly simple?

Thanks!
2017-6-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Flying to Ireland carry your drone with you, check airline rules regarding lipos they should be depleted of power and lipo bag is a good idea.

What part of Ireland are you travelling to? If you need any advice on rules just let me know.
2017-6-5
Use props
Mcflying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 243753 ft
Netherlands

Word of caution
Flying in Belgium is a nightmare.
You are only allowed to fly on private property,
-max distance of any obstacle 50 meters
-max. height 10 meters
-always VLOS {:4_177:}

There are other classifications but for that you need all kinds of papers and licenses.
So in Belgium, just drink beer and forget flying your drone.

2017-6-5
Use props
PhanFran
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4804163 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

RE: Belgium the situation at the airport is not known to me as I never took my drones on an airplane. Best to check with your airline.
Flying it is an other problem: your drone needs to registered (in Belgium) and you need to have proof that you followed a (Belgian) theoretical and practical course in drone flying and succeeded a test afterward.
When all that is OK you can not fly higher than 45 m, not above people, animals, buildings, roads. For privacy reasons you need to stay away at least 100 m from houses or gardens.
Sanctions when you do not follow these rules: fines from 36 € to 6000 € and confiscation of the drone if it is not registered and/or you didn't follow the course with good result...

The Belgian rules are some of the most severe in the EU. And they could have been even more severe but the European Commission asked Belgian Government to make the first proposal that they submitted to the EU for review at least a bit more lenient.
2017-6-5
Use props
Mcflying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 243753 ft
Netherlands

PhanFran Posted at 2017-6-5 10:54
RE: Belgium the situation at the airport is not known to me as I never took my drones on an airplane. Best to check with your airline.
Flying it is an other problem: your drone needs to registered (in Belgium) and you need to have proof that you followed a (Belgian) theoretical and practical course in drone flying and succeeded a test afterward.
When all that is OK you can not fly higher than 45 m, not above people, animals, buildings, roads. For privacy reasons you need to stay away at least 100 m from houses or gardens.

Told you,....in Belgium, just drink beer and forget flying your drone.

2017-6-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules