Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
I am traveling from PA to Canada, do I need to do anything?
589 2 2017-6-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Clare_G101
lvl.2
Flight distance : 39236 ft
United States

I am traveling from PA to Canada, do I need to do anything? I always have my regristration for my drone with me, do I need a canadian one? Do I need to do anything specific? Or can I just fly with it to Canada and fly it there? We are going to our family friends house on a lake, so there are no big buildings and stuff like that
2017-6-5
Use props
4armo
New
Canada

There is no Canadian drone registry.  You need to be 9km away from any aerodrome, and 75m laterally from any person, animal(?!) or structure.  I think max height is 90m. Really doesn't leave you with much.   You also have to put your name, address and phone number on the drone somewhere.   Fine for breaking rules is up to $3000, tho I've yet to hear about people getting fined unless their behavior is extremely stupid, like flying around airports.  More on the Transport Canada website.  Welcome to Canada!
2017-6-5
Use props
Vigariov
lvl.1
United States

4armo Posted at 2017-6-5 15:32
There is no Canadian drone registry.  You need to be 9km away from any aerodrome, and 75m laterally from any person, animal(?!) or structure.  I think max height is 90m. Really doesn't leave you with much.   You also have to put your name, address and phone number on the drone somewhere.   Fine for breaking rules is up to $3000, tho I've yet to hear about people getting fined unless their behavior is extremely stupid, like flying around airports.  More on the Transport Canada website.  Welcome to Canada!

very strict rules just follow 4armo advice and you will be fine
2017-6-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules