Play store DJI Go 3.1.5 "Update" that isn't.
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rytenuff
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10755 ft
United Kingdom

I occasionally use my S7 Edge with Go 3.1.5  with my P3A. (DJI GO For products before P4)
This is the 3rd time in a few weeks that I have been offered an "update" for this version 3.1.5. from Play Store.
There is no update, it is the same version 3.1.5 and after it installs the "update", it reports that it doesn't support this (huge) resolution and closes! I then need to uninstall and reinstall.
It refused to reinstall it this time at first, reporting an "error" but after several attempts,
it finally did install.  Not good enough.
Either DJI or Play Store is at fault. Whoever it is please fix it.
2017-6-5
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Uninstall the Go app and try scanning the QR code that's on the DJI website or the Quick Start guide. Please let me know if the issue persists.
2017-6-5
Use props
rytenuff
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10755 ft
United Kingdom

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-6-5 18:05
Uninstall the Go app and try scanning the QR code that's on the DJI website or the Quick Start guide. Please let me know if the issue persists.

Maybe I wasn't clear. The Go 3.1.5. app is working fine. It is only when Play Store says there is an update for 3.1.5 and I install it (on one occasion it said this is the same version and didn't install the  supposed update) that I get the resolution is not compatible  (it is huge) that it closes. If I uninstall the app and then re-install it everything is ok again, except for the last time when it was reluctant to install but did eventually.
My question is why am I told an update is available by Play Store? Is Play Store confused ? Some comments on there suggest that people don't realise that there is an error somehow and complain that their DJI Go doesn't work since the "Update" which isn't an update but forces a huge resolution on their device which then just complains that it is not compatible and closes. They don't seem to know to uninstall and install again.
2017-6-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules