https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bzzbdh_sgKfuZjdZODF6TmdpVFE/view?usp=sharing

2017-6-6
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Pretty rich neighborhood, each and everyone of the house has it's own pool.  Nice video by the way.
2017-6-6
Use props
AndyP.
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3738274 ft
  • >>>
United States

Lucas775 Posted at 2017-6-6 17:14
Pretty rich neighborhood, each and everyone of the house has it's own pool.  Nice video by the way.

thanks a lot
2017-6-6
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

Those were fun to watch, but you stopped before we got to find out if they came back for the guy. You had to have a cliffhanger for the next episode, though, right?
2017-6-6
Use props
AndyP.
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-6-6 18:23
Those were fun to watch, but you stopped before we got to find out if they came back for the guy. You had to have a cliffhanger for the next episode, though, right?

he got back, the SD card ran out of storage
2017-6-6
Use props
fans2af304fc
lvl.1
Flight distance : 102999 ft
Singapore

Where is it? All the houses have their own swimming pool.
2017-6-6
Use props
UCBarkeeper
lvl.3
Flight distance : 616982 ft
Switzerland

i think you shouldn't record so close over your neighbors property and share that with the internets.
2017-6-7
Use props
Lobstah Mobstah
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1218379 ft
United States

UCBarkeeper Posted at 2017-6-7 05:37
i think you shouldn't record so close over your neighbors property and share that with the internets.

I don't know, I personally enjoyed the part at 6:47 where his neighbor was nude sunbathing!  
2017-6-7
Use props
AndyP.
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

UCBarkeeper Posted at 2017-6-7 05:37

the video is deceiving, i was well over 150 feet when recording this. my entire neighborhood already knows about me and my drones, and they've expressed that as long as i'm not flying specifically into someone's backyard they'll have no problem.
2017-6-7
Use props
Boardtalk
Second Officer
Flight distance : 209642 ft
Ireland

Well that was surprisingly very interesting. Who knew watching the bin lorry (trash truck) could be so fascinating... or maybe peaking into back yards was what really interested me.
2017-6-7
Use props
Petroboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3681 ft
Canada

Yes, those are some Fancy Shacks alright.  But I missed why you are spying on your garbage guys?  Are you trying to catch them doing something they shouldn't?
2017-6-7
Use props
Chango
lvl.2

United States

Lobstah Mobstah Posted at 2017-6-7 05:50
I don't know, I personally enjoyed the part at 6:47 where his neighbor was nude sunbathing!

Damn, you made go back and look . . . . {:4_157:}
2017-6-7
Use props
onetyme
lvl.2
Flight distance : 484357 ft
United States

Hella rich!!   

Those are like 2 million dollar houses easy, more like 4 million

If this was filmed in California
2017-6-7
Use props
rnrnrn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 430932 ft
Germany

AndyP. Posted at 2017-6-7 10:30
the video is deceiving, i was well over 150 feet when recording this. my entire neighborhood already knows about me and my drones, and they've expressed that as long as i'm not flying specifically into someone's backyard they'll have no problem.

Exactly - the whole privacy issue is a bit off the bat in my opinion. However - if someone is a politician he/she could have a problem with you filming from the air when they're having a moment with their dog or something similar. I'm not a public figure so I honestly don't care one bit - if you really want to see my naked ass it's your problem, not mine ;-)
2017-6-7
Use props
pritchiedotcom
lvl.4
Flight distance : 125738 ft
United Kingdom

Different..
"I personally enjoyed the part at 6:47 where his neighbor was nude sunbathing!"
What video did you watch?  The most exciting bit for me was the swan 1m in..  Then I kept thinking "they needed a compactor to keep all that rubbish in the lorry", then I started thinking "don't rick folk create a lot of rubbish", then I started thinking "they can't be that rich as they all have their big bath tubs outside and is that not a bit like having an outside toilet?"
Then I thought "run forest run".. and finally I thought "dam..  another to be continued"
Thoughts of the day...
I am pretty sure you're below 45m chap.. (mavic has the equivalent of a 28 mm lens), but I'll believe you (as I really don't care).
"they've expressed that as long as i'm not flying specifically into someone's backyard they'll have no problem"
ok, I am not sure about this either.. they may be being polite... or said they are ok with it, while also thinking he won't make it public and let's not cause a fuss..   Why do I think this?  Well for folks who are not bothered by privacy, they certainly love their high fences and gated areas and are not fans of open plan gardens..  but hey it's cool.. you've put it on google drive and dronaddicts read this forum..
:-)  happy days.. Glad you're enjoying the mavic..
Thanks for sharing..

2017-6-8
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
United States

There is no issue with privacy here. In the every jurisdiction in the United States that I'm familiar with you're within your rights to take photographs or video of people on public property, which includes streets and alleys. And in the state that the OP was apparently flying in it's legal to incidentally capture (as happened here) private property or people on that property. "Surveillance" with "intent" of private property or people on it requires permission, but in my opinion there's nothing in this video that could get the OP in trouble. Comments to the contrary regarding videos like this seem to almost always come from people who live in Europe. I'm guessing that privacy laws there are somewhat less relaxed, but where he flew it isn't a problem.
2017-6-8
Use props
UCBarkeeper
lvl.3
Flight distance : 616982 ft
Switzerland

it's not about the law, it's about common sense.
2017-6-8
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
United States

UCBarkeeper Posted at 2017-6-8 06:00
it's not about the law, it's about common sense.

One person's "common sense" is another's "stupidity". In other words, what you think is acceptable (or not) may be entirely different from what someone else thinks, which is why we have laws.

Besides, it's also "common sense" that one shouldn't repeatedly create short, snarky drive-by posts and then disappear from the discussion . . . but that doesn't stop some people from doing it anyway, now does it?
2017-6-8
Use props
Boardtalk
Second Officer
Ireland

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-6-8 04:46
There is no issue with privacy here. In the every jurisdiction in the United States that I'm familiar with you're within your rights to take photographs or video of people on public property, which includes streets and alleys. And in the state that the OP was apparently flying in it's legal to incidentally capture (as happened here) private property or people on that property. "Surveillance" with "intent" of private property or people on it requires permission, but in my opinion there's nothing in this video that could get the OP in trouble. Comments to the contrary regarding videos like this seem to almost always come from people who live in Europe, some I'm guessing that privacy laws there are somewhat less relaxed, but where he flew it isn't a problem.

Is this a US vs Europe thing? Maybe I'm just reading you wrong but I honestly didn't think anyone was taking a dig at the OP. I know I wasn't, just fascinated by the fab homes and the people at work.
Anyway, have a great day.
2017-6-8
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
United States

Boardtalk Posted at 2017-6-8 11:50
Is this a US vs Europe thing? Maybe I'm just reading you wrong but I honestly didn't think anyone was taking a dig at the OP. I know I wasn't, just fascinated by the fab homes and the people at work.

It isn't "versus" anything except in the context of a comparison and something I've noticed. When someone posts a video like this, it's almost inevitable that comments will come up regarding the appropriateness or legality of the video. And as I said before, those comments seem to come much more frequently from forum members who are shown as being in Europe, so I'm guessing that privacy laws in this area are more strict in Europe than in the United States. That's just a personal and subjective observation, and no offense was intended so I'm not sure why you seem a little sensitive about the topic. In any case, nothing I said was aimed at your particular comment given that as far as I can tell you weren't commenting on either the appropriateness or legality of the video.
2017-6-8
Use props
Boardtalk
Second Officer
Ireland

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-6-8 12:05
It isn't "versus" anything except in the context of a comparison and something I've noticed. When someone posts a video like this, it's almost inevitable that comments will come up regarding the appropriateness or legality of the video. And as I said before, those comments seem to come much more frequently from forum members who are shown as being in Europe, so I'm guessing that privacy laws in this area are more strict in Europe than in the United States. That's just a personal and subjective observation, and no offense was intended so I'm not sure why you seem a little sensitive about the topic. In any case, nothing I said was aimed at your particular comment given that as far as I can tell you weren't commenting on either the appropriateness or legality of the video.

To be honest I haven't noticed the difference you mention and in relation to the 'versus', that was meant in jest. Maybe you are the one who's 'a little sensitive'.
2017-6-8
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
United States

Boardtalk Posted at 2017-6-8 12:52
To be honest I haven't noticed the difference you mention and in relation to the 'versus', that was meant in jest. Maybe you are the one who's 'a little sensitive'.

No, I just think it's a good idea for people to take into account that laws and cultural norms vary before commenting, especially if the comment is implicitly or explicitly critical.
2017-6-8
Use props
AndyP.
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

onetyme Posted at 2017-6-7 19:37
Hella rich!!   

Those are like 2 million dollar houses easy, more like 4 million

those houses range in the 300k to 600k range
2017-6-8
Use props
AndyP.
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Petroboy Posted at 2017-6-7 13:24
Yes, those are some Fancy Shacks alright.  But I missed why you are spying on your garbage guys?  Are you trying to catch them doing something they shouldn't?

no i was just following them to practice filming a moving object
2017-6-8
Use props
AndyP.
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-6-8 04:46
There is no issue with privacy here. In the every jurisdiction in the United States that I'm familiar with you're within your rights to take photographs or video of people on public property, which includes streets and alleys. And in the state that the OP was apparently flying in it's legal to incidentally capture (as happened here) private property or people on that property. "Surveillance" with "intent" of private property or people on it requires permission, but in my opinion there's nothing in this video that could get the OP in trouble. Comments to the contrary regarding videos like this seem to almost always come from people who live in Europe, some I'm guessing that privacy laws there are somewhat less relaxed, but where he flew it isn't a problem.

This was flown in Texas, where we have a 1 party recording consent law, which mean as long as i consent to the recording, there isn't anything the recorded can do.
2017-6-8
Use props
AndyP.
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Boardtalk Posted at 2017-6-8 11:50

This was filmed in Texas, USA
2017-6-8
Use props
VMav
lvl.2
Flight distance : 76814 ft
United States

Big houses but a bit cramped.
2017-6-8
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
United States

AndyP. Posted at 2017-6-8 16:18
This was flown in Texas, where we have a 1 party recording consent law, which mean as long as i consent to the recording, there isn't anything the recorded can do.

Yes, I guessed that (it was done in Texas) because I saw your other thread with a photo you mentioned was taken in or near Dallas.

The one-party consent you mentioned relates to the recording of "wire, oral, or electronic" communications: for example, face-to-face conversations, phone calls, or email: Texas Recording Law

On the other hand, the Texas Privacy Act (Government Code 423) is what applies to videos and photos captured by drones.
2017-6-8
Use props
AndyP.
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

VMav Posted at 2017-6-8 18:47
Big houses but a bit cramped.

Is actually a lot roomier than you'd think
2017-6-8
Use props
AndyP.
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-6-8 19:02
Yes, I guessed that (it was done in Texas) because I saw your other thread with a photo you mentioned was taken in or near Dallas.

The one-party consent you mentioned relates to the recording of "wire, oral, or electronic" communications: for example, face-to-face conversations, phone calls, or email: Texas Recording Law

Huh, thanks for the heads up, I guess I should have done my homework ahead of time before spouting legislature.
2017-6-8
Use props
VMav
lvl.2
Flight distance : 76814 ft
United States

AndyP. Posted at 2017-6-8 19:02
Is actually a lot roomier than you'd think

I'm talking about size of properties not sq.ft of the houses. Maybe half an acre tops (or even less) so that houses stand too close together - cramped.
2017-6-8
Use props
BoomStrike
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Any way you twist the facts  - if one of your neighbors decides to bath with her top off and you publish it - you'll need a lawyer and maybe spend a few night is jail . . . .

Regards
2017-6-9
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
United States

BoomStrike Posted at 2017-6-9 04:10
Any way you twist the facts  - if one of your neighbors decides to bath with her top off and you publish it - you'll need a lawyer and maybe spend a few night is jail . . . .

Regards

No facts have been twisted. In Texas -- where this was filmed -- it would depend. As I wrote earlier, if he just happened to film this hypothetical neighbor while flying over her property there'd be no problem. On the other hand, if he hovered specifically for the purpose of filming her ("surveillance" with "intent") and then posted it online he might have a problem.

I posted a link to the relevant law; do you have something besides your (obviously layman's) opinion to refute it? Can you provide a cite to show where anyone anywhere in the U.S. ever spent "a few night is jail" for filming someone in a scenario like this?
2017-6-9
Use props
BoomStrike
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Civil law suits have nothing to with drone use and their regulations - you're not allowed to video tape a person in the privacy own thier own home and broadcast . . Period!

Thanks
2017-6-9
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
United States

BoomStrike Posted at 2017-6-9 05:02
Civil law suits have nothing to with drone use and their regulations - you're not allowed to video tape a person in the privacy own thier own home and broadcast . . Period!

Thanks

"Period!" is rarely applicable to the law, and it definitely isn't as clear cut in this case as you seem to think. For example, if you do a little research you'll quickly find that in most places in the U.S. it's legal to photograph or videotape anything or anyone visible from public property (e.g., a street). And I've already provided a link to the relevant Texas law regarding media captured by drones, so you only have to read what's there.

Yes, anyone can file a civil suit against anyone else for pretty much anything, but again, can you provide a cite to show where something like this has ever happened to any drone pilot anywhere in the U.S.? And in case you're still looking for cites to support your "few night is jail" comment, I should confess that was just a red herring and that you won't find any.

2017-6-9
Use props
Aqmal
lvl.2
Flight distance : 119446 ft
Malaysia

Enjoy this video....nice looking
2017-6-9
Use props
BoomStrike
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Read my Lips - I've been at this a a lot longer than you and seen numerous court cases. Those people did not install a privacy fence on their property for fun - its for privacy and you are violating their rights!

Mike  
2017-6-9
Use props
AndyP.
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

BoomStrike Posted at 2017-6-9 08:13
Read my Lips - I've been at this a a lot longer than you and seen numerous court cases. Those people did not install a privacy fence on their property for fun - its for privacy and you are violating their rights!

Mike

How can I read your lips if I can't see them. And fences are from a bygone age,  we live in the age of flying cameras.
2017-6-9
Use props
AndyP.
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Mike

Most likely those people installed their fences to Mark out their property and the extent of it.
2017-6-9
Use props
AndyP.
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Mike

Also these houses for build anywhere from between the 1960s to the 1990s. I know my house was built in the 80s.
2017-6-9
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules