Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Head tracking on P4
2860 18 2017-6-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BVB
lvl.2
Flight distance : 484652 ft
United States

has anyone been able to use head tracking with the P4. I can see the option but when I select it there is no head tracking response whatsoever.

Could someone please explain how to get into headtracking mode using a P4?

Many thanks,
Bill
2017-6-6
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

What goggles are you using?
2017-6-6
Use props
RobertMD
lvl.1
United States

Im having same problem with DJI goggles. Tracking doesn't work.  I have current firmware
2017-6-6
Use props
Hawkeye37
lvl.1
Flight distance : 204423 ft
United States

Are you guys connected to the Googles via USB?  It doesn't seem to work with HDMI.
2017-6-6
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha BVB,

Somewhere way back in this old mind, I seem to recall that DJI wrote somewhere that the headtracking is still being worked on and would be introduced later.  The comment may be for other birds than the Mavic (it uses Occusync).  

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-6-7
Use props
imagine it
lvl.3
United States

Cetacean Posted at 2017-6-7 03:36
Aloha BVB,

Somewhere way back in this old mind, I seem to recall that DJI wrote somewhere that the headtracking is still being worked on and would be introduced later.  The comment may be for other birds than the Mavic (it uses Occusync).  

I believe you are right. Head tracking at this point only works on the Mavic.
2017-6-7
Use props
HighCamera
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1213238 ft
  • >>>
United States

imagine it Posted at 2017-6-7 04:19
I believe you are right. Head tracking at this point only works on the Mavic.

Works with the P4P with USB connection. Not with HDMI connection
2017-6-7
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It was originally written into the Goggles manual that the P4 would support head tracking, for the P4 it seems that this was dependant upon release of new firmware. This firmware has yet to arrive, and in the mean time head tracking functionality for the P4 was removed from the Goggles manual, along with tripod mode and terrain follow if I remember correctly. A firmware update has been confirmed recently for sometime in the not too distant future. But exactly what functionality that will give to P4 Goggle owners we shall just have to wait and see.
2017-6-7
Use props
BVB
lvl.2
United States

Thanks a bunch gentlemen,

Hugh Camera, thank you, I am interested in exactly how you are able to get the headtracking to work on the P4.  I use 2 finger swipe down which opens the "tracking" options in the DJI Goggles. I select head tracking for gimbal and a message pops up in yellow lettering indicating that it was unable to start in Head tracking mode and advised to try and reconnect in head tracking mode. I've shut everything down and restarted going straight to head tracking and I get the same message. HighCamera, it appears that you indicate that you are able to use head tracking mode with a P4. Could you please advise me what firmware you are using and exactly how you engage the process?

Aardvark, I trust your expertise and opinion as I have seen your comments assisting others with good information in the past. Perhaps I will wait for DJI to address in a future anticipated firmware update. Thank you for your input and advise, much appreciated

One last question, I received my DJI Goggles about 2 weeks ago. I had a heck of a time getting the Goggles "confirmed" but ultimately got them updated and working. However, I have not "updated" my P4 with the latest firmware or even "refreshed" my current firmware in both the P4 and my controller. Of note, I have not received any indicators or notices telling me that I need to update my P4 firmware so I guess I am assuming all should be working together correctly. I am wondering if perhaps I need to update or refresh my P4 firmware and same with the controller and hopefully this would have the results I am hoping for : to be able to use head tracking with the P4.

Any input directly from DJI would be fantastic but I also respect and trust most of the forum members advise and opinions here.

Once again, many thanks gentlemen. Cheers and aloha

BVB

2017-6-7
Use props
HighCamera
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1213238 ft
  • >>>
United States

BVB Posted at 2017-6-7 20:50
Thanks a bunch gentlemen,

Hugh Camera, thank you, I am interested in exactly how you are able to get the headtracking to work on the P4.  I use 2 finger swipe down which opens the "tracking" options in the DJI Goggles. I select head tracking for gimbal and a message pops up in yellow lettering indicating that it was unable to start in Head tracking mode and advised to try and reconnect in head tracking mode. I've shut everything down and restarted going straight to head tracking and I get the same message. HighCamera, it appears that you indicate that you are able to use head tracking mode with a P4. Could you please advise me what firmware you are using and exactly how you engage the process?

Howdy--
I indicated my information based on the Phantom 4 PRO.  The Phantom 4 without the "PRO" part is different.

2017-6-8
Use props
fanse9bc6608
Second Officer
Flight distance : 134590 ft
United States

It would be good if someone from DJI could clarify the situation with head tracking support for Phantom 4 (non-PRO version). When I ordered my Goggles on 05/15/2017, it was clearly stated everywhere that it is supported, but I quickly learned otherwise yesterday after finally receiving the package. This is a deal breaker and with 14 days return window, I and anyone else in my situational would appreciate a timely update...
2017-6-17
Use props
BVB
lvl.2
United States

fanse9bc6608 Posted at 2017-6-17 08:17
It would be good if someone from DJI could clarify the situation with head tracking support for Phantom 4 (non-PRO version). When I ordered my Goggles on 05/15/2017, it was clearly stated everywhere that it is supported, but I quickly learned otherwise yesterday after finally receiving the package. This is a deal breaker and with 14 days return window, I and anyone else in my situational would appreciate a timely update...

I am in the same situation. I ordered the goggles right away after reading the DJI specified compatability with my Phantom 4. It clearly stated that head tracking would be functional on the P4. I paid them and received my goggles. Then I was informed that the head tracking might work after an alleged firmware update which has yet to come. This is classic Bait n Switch BUT because it is an international business and the fact that no one is willing to take DJI's unfair and arguably unethical business practices to their state or federal level, and add in that the "technology" is so very new and keeps everyone guessing' along with the desperate "hopefuls a.k.a suckers, that we may actually get that carrot (myself unfortunately included), DJI will continue to rule the playing field and take our money for products and promises that look great on paper and are actually only partially developed while promising that "something better will be coming soon....and by the way....thanks for your hard earned money, we'll get back to you". We all want to believe these are simply "errors" within DJI's marketing but I'm convinced they are focused on blasting forward with their next greatest widget and they quickly abandon anything that requires them to "fix".
2017-6-17
Use props
Heir InVioLable
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3963865 ft
  • >>>
United States

I confirm headtracking definitely works on the Phantom 4 Pro and the Phantom 4 Pro Plus.  It's not great, that's for sure, but it works and is a novelty for now.  Perhaps it will get better.
2017-6-18
Use props
Wpgubaru
lvl.3
Flight distance : 254646 ft
Canada

I had to download the dji assist 2 for mavic to activate my goggles, yet I have the phantom4...
2017-6-19
Use props
Prwandersonsant
lvl.2
Flight distance : 80997 ft
United States

Hello everybody! Today after talk to DJI support about why Phantom 4 head and gimbal tracking doesn't work with DJI goggles they told me "unfortunately the the DJI Goggle don't work with phantom 4 series, and only work with Mavic pro and also he said maybe never will in the near future. Im feeling very frustrate about!
I send this to them from  the manual page 11:
INSPIRETM 2* PHANTOM 4 Series**
Micro USB cable
Support Head Tracking, Intelligent Flight Modes, and Live view.
---------------------
INSPIRE Series PHANTOM 4 PRO+ PHANTOM 4 ADVANCED+
HDMI cable
Support only Live view. Aircraft operation is not supported.  

He said he can't give me any explanation about it!
Now i don't know if the goggles its worth to keep it or return because i have no plan to buy a mavic Pro because i just bought the spark fly more!
2017-6-26
Use props
BVB
lvl.2
United States

I have updated to the latest firmware upgrade tonight on my P4 and can confirm that headtracking is now functioning properly and as it should on the Phantom 4 as of July 6 , 2017 after the latest firmware update. Hip hip....
2017-7-6
Use props
fansa176e567
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1398 ft
Australia

BVB Posted at 2017-7-6 19:37
I have updated to the latest firmware upgrade tonight on my P4 and can confirm that headtracking is now functioning properly and as it should on the Phantom 4 as of July 6 , 2017 after the latest firmware update. Hip hip....

Can you please advise what is the firmware you are using that fixes this issue?  I'd like to read the release notes of this version before I go applying it to my drone.
Thanks
2017-8-18
Use props
fansbcc871c8
lvl.1
Flight distance : 573793 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

on dji goggles swipe forward with two fingers to bring up head tracking menu have fun
2018-12-12
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fansbcc871c8 Posted at 12-12 06:48
on dji goggles swipe forward with two fingers to bring up head tracking menu have fun

Swiping forward with two fingers unlocks the touchpad.

To see head tracking options swipe down with two fingers.
2018-12-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules