GS PRO Error: HW Limitation
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BvdM
lvl.3
Flight distance : 233950 ft
Netherlands

Dear all,

I am currently in the process of setting up a 3D Map mission for the M600 Pro and Sony A7R camera using DJI GS Pro. I have created a custom camera based on the A7R's parameters and set about drawing of the flight plan itself. Flight height is set to 120m AGL, front and sideward overlap are both set to 70%.

Capture Mode is set to Hover&Capture at Point by default, but we would rather like to use Equal Time/Distance interval shooting due to enhanced flight efficiency. However, when I try to change the capture mode it gives me the following error:

Could not resolve the optmized speed due to HW limitation. Please try the following:
1. Set higher Flight Height
2. Set less Front Overlap Ratio

First, what does HW actually stand for? I have had the error message several times before using our Inspire Pro X5 rig, but I am wondering still. Secondly, what is causing this error? Third and most importantly, how can we get rid of the message?

Setting an even higher Flight Height is impossible (legislation) and undesirable (loss of image detail). The same goes for adjusting of Front Overlap. Even if I set Front Overlap to the lowest possible value (10%), the error message sustains. Instead, we would rather set it to 80% or 90% to enhance model precision.

Any help is much appreciated, thanks in advance!

2017-6-6
Use props
Beard
lvl.2
Flight distance : 28871 ft

United States

I would start by reducing your altitude.
2017-6-7
Use props
Beard
lvl.2

United States

And decreasing front overlap incrementally.
2017-6-7
Use props
Beard
lvl.2

United States

And decreasing shutter interval
2017-6-7
Use props
BvdM
lvl.3
Netherlands

Thanks for your suggestions Beard, unfortunately none of them worked or will work. In most instances we simply require to fly at 120m AGL and 70/70 overlap is the absolute minimum with respect to safeguarding data accuracy. Decreasing front overlap, as stated above, did not work either. Even if we set it to the lowest possible value, or 10%, the error remained.

HOWEVER, I did manage to get rid of the error message in a different way. The minimum and maximum trigger interval in the (Custom) Camera settings are 1 and 2 seconds respectively, by default. The latter (maximum) interval obviously didn't make much sense, so I changed it to allow intervals of up to 5 seconds between subsequent images. And guess what; the error dissappeared.

It then appeared that GS Pro, based on the designed flight plan and altitude/overlap/speed parameters, required to set the image interval to approximately 3.1 seconds (or one image every 3.1 seconds). This was effectively disallowed by the 2 second interval that was provided by GSP for a Custom Camera initially.
2017-6-7
Use props
Beard
lvl.2

United States

Very Clever. Good to know.
2017-6-8
Use props
Phantom-Paul 7
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2551634 ft
Australia

I think the cause of the problem is the time it takes for the camera to process and save the images. Hence the hardware error/limitation because its not able to do what your asking.  The camera requires more time to process and save before it can take its next image and so it asks you to either reduce the overlap , change altitude or increase time so it can cope.
2017-6-8
Use props
BvdM
lvl.3
Netherlands

Phantom-Paul 7 Posted at 2017-6-8 16:59
I think the cause of the problem is the time it takes for the camera to process and save the images. Hence the hardware error/limitation because its not able to do what your asking.  The camera requires more time to process and save before it can take its next image and so it asks you to either reduce the overlap , change altitude or increase time so it can cope.

Yes and no.

Reducing the overlap would indeed help in that respect. But lowering the altitude (while preserving the overlap) would not, as this would even require faster trigger and processing speeds.

As I mentioned above, the error this time followed from the overlap/ altitude parameters resulting in an interval of 3.1 seconds in between subsequent images, while the maximum interval for a custom camera is set to 2 seconds by default. In this instance then, the default trigger/ processing speed is actually set higher than is necessary.
2017-6-8
Use props
aereal
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19994679 ft
  • >>>
Spain

We were at the same point, and we could resolve it as you say, thanks.

But we see ther is other "problem": When "capture moe" is set to "equal dist/time interval" you can not change the speed or shutter interval. For example, to capture a photo every 24m distance it automatically calculates 8m/s and shutter int = 3s (8*3=24, it's ok), but you can not set 6m/s and shutter int 4s that would be ok as well.
2017-10-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules