Mavic out of control -i hear of many of these cases
9633 87 2017-6-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Vuperman
lvl.1
Flight distance : 33563 ft
Germany

Yeah thx guys, i did indeed find some answers here, especially from budwalker and droneflying.

So thanks everyone for helping me find the reason for my drone flying away and also flying different than my inputs. That goes to hallmark, too!
I'm not looking for trouble here, just answers

So in the end i add
"is heading on map same as true heading"
to my preflight checklist and i add metal structures to hazardous environment for flying, especially at takeoff point

And i do believe that this drone is especially sensible to interference, but that is just a personal belief

I would love to see a professional interference comparison test of several drones where they deliberatly fly into metal structures with them

Anyways, thx everyone
2017-6-12
Use props
Griffith
Second Officer
Flight distance : 98537 ft
United States

BudWalker Posted at 2017-6-9 16:04
That's kinda interesting. I don't know how position hold is done during auto takeoff. If it's done with GPS then the drifting is probably not actually drifting. Since Yaw is compromised it's expected that the AC won't be able to hold position very well. Every time it goes to correct the compromised Yaw causes it to go in the wrong direction. But, if the vision system is used to hold position then I'd expect it to do better than it did. That is, unless, as in this case, the AC is over water and the vision system can't do very well.

I agree with your conjecture.  I don't think I've ever experienced much, if any, drift on takeoff.  But I usually do it manually - not auto. Just go straight and wait for RTH location to be set.
2017-6-12
Use props
djiuser_3iPqH6gdgSvc
lvl.1
Flight distance : 171716 ft

I have to figure out how to download log files, but my drone recently went up to the five foot hover then started erratically behaving side to side and just drifted to the right until it ran into a bush. I tried to correct it but it wouldn't respond.
2018-9-15
Use props
Anthai
lvl.2
Flight distance : 218038 ft
Greece

Today i fly with my Air2S. While the battery was at 40% i pressed RTH (return to home) to get it back. It was coming last 3 times i tested it (same flights).
When I pressed the RTH suddendly the Air2S starting going very very high and very far away from me. I was scared that 1)it can fall in any head and kill people 2) it will go so far up and hit with an aircraft...
I  was trying to get it down but it was going up. Finally, it ended up in a lake where the idiot DJI software was trying to land it despite it was seeing that "inappropriate surface for landing".
It would not move left or right, just getting down.
Who is responsible for this? Is it my fault that DJI flew away and high when i asked to return back?
Will DJI replace it, it's brand new.
Is it finally uncontrollable and therefore dangerous?
Thanks
2022-9-15
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Anthai Posted at 9-15 05:01
Today i fly with my Air2S. While the battery was at 40% i pressed RTH (return to home) to get it back. It was coming last 3 times i tested it (same flights).
When I pressed the RTH suddendly the Air2S starting going very very high and very far away from me. I was scared that 1)it can fall in any head and kill people 2) it will go so far up and hit with an aircraft...
I  was trying to get it down but it was going up. Finally, it ended up in a lake where the idiot DJI software was trying to land it despite it was seeing that "inappropriate surface for landing".

Who is responsible for this? Is it my fault that DJI flew away and high when i asked to return back?
Without knowing what actually happened, no-one can answer this.
If you want to find out what caused your incident, you need to post your recorded flight data.
Go to: https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
... where you'll find instructions.
That will give a report you can post a link for the report here.
Or just post the .txt file.
2022-9-15
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Agreed with @Labroides.  Log files or else it is all just guess work.  

I also want to share, that these types of threads are infuriating.  YOU, the pilot are ALWAYS responsible.  You do not get to only claim responsibility when things work great.  
2022-9-15
Use props
Anthai
lvl.2
Flight distance : 218038 ft
Thailand

Here is my log

https://wetransfer.com/downloads/78bee554f3231cb758b05573d994626220220916083431/f83fd1518154445eb01e11cedaff508720220916083506/0af793

Thank you!
2022-9-16
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Labroides Posted at 9-15 05:31
Without knowing what actually happened, no-one can answer this.
If you want to find out what caused your incident, you need to post your recorded flight data.

When I pressed the RTH suddendly the Air2S starting going very very high and very far away from me.
You had set the RTH height to 90 metres.
When you initiated RTH at 18:18  the drone was 82 metres away.

The drone ascended at 5.9 metres/sec until you stopped it 76 metres up.
The drone was still 82 metres horizontal distance away.
So far there's nothing at all wrong, the drone is doing exactly what you had commanded.

While bringing it down, you flew it further away, taking it to 123 metres away.
You continued flying it around as the battery ran down, reaching 0% and finally dying at 22:41.5

I was scared that 1)it can fall in any head and kill people 2) it will go so far up and hit with an aircraft...
I  was trying to get it down but it was going up.
It would not move left or right, just getting down.
I can't find anywhere in the data that shows whau described here.
When you pushed the right stick forwards or sideways, the drone moved forwards or sideways.
When you pushed the left stick up, the drone ascended,.
When you pulled the left stick down, the drone descended.

Finally, it ended up in a lake where the idiot DJI software was trying  to land it despite it was seeing that "inappropriate surface for  landing".
Never mind the idiot DJI software.

The idiot holding the controller, flew the drone there and left it there until the battery ran out.
How much experience have you had flying this drone previously?

The data makes it clear that there was no fault with the drone and it was fully controllable during the flight.

Is it finally uncontrollable and therefore dangerous?
The flyer maybe, but the drone, no.

2022-9-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules