Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Whats firmware and do I have to update
1357 17 2017-6-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DwoneFlyer
lvl.1

United States

Lurking for some time reading, but this firmware? All works ok but telling me I must update. From stories I read here im very scared to do it. can i not bother and not fall out of the sky?

I was dragged up to believe don't fix stuff that works..

2017-6-6
Use props
Bent Kangaroo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 362510 ft
Australia

You and me too brother.
Im not updating until mandatory and will remain on the most stable .400 FW for my particular unit/setup.

I think there is a method to turn off auto updates, someone might pipe in.

I musta got dragged through the same swamp as you hehe
2017-6-6
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>

All i can say is I have always updated to the latest version and never had an issue. .700 aircraft/RC performs as intended and no issues noted. I have one of the first Mavics and have always updated, after which I have never messed about calibrating everything, I have only done one IMU calibration and have only calibrated the compass 3 times. I dont know what all the fuss is about. Dont get me wrong, afterwards I always carry out a short test flight and double check all the pre-sets as they can change as a result of the aircraft firmware changing.
2017-6-7
Use props
Harbourside
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

Same as Buzzyone, had my Mavic since November, so done loads of updates, never had a problem.
The only calibration done was the compass before my first flight, nothing since then.
Presumably all those who are scared of updates still run a PC with Windows 95 ?
2017-6-7
Use props
Asainz320
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1061594 ft
  • >>>
United States

I see everyone is in love with the .400 firmware, but in my particular case the flight time in .400 was not that great. The battery at 100% would give me around 19-20 minutes flight time. Now with the latest firmware Im getting 25-27 minutes flight time. Also on .400 I was getting a really bad horizon tilt when flying sideways, that has been greatly improved on .700 (not completely fixed, but barely noticeable). Again maybe that was only on my particular Mavic.
2017-6-7
Use props
Glenn Goodlett
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27978153 ft
  • >>>
United States

Back in the old days there were good reasons to be reluctant to upgrade firmware. Now days, not so much.

What's the end game? Never update. That's crazy. Or is it to stay 3 or 4 versions behind on a known good one. That makes sense and is probably the safest bet.
2017-6-7
Use props
Pitando
lvl.2
Flight distance : 68284 ft
Réunion

Harbourside Posted at 2017-6-7 09:39
Same as Buzzyone, had my Mavic since November, so done loads of updates, never had a problem.
The only calibration done was the compass before my first flight, nothing since then.
Presumably all those who are scared of updates still run a PC with Windows 95 ?

Window 95,Xp,10 do not fall from the sky and dont cost 1100€....so with a lot of people having issues is normal that we fel consern about it. At least for me that i need to work a lot to sa ve 1K.
2017-6-7
Use props
AndyP.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3738274 ft
  • >>>
United States

just update it and make sure the battery is well charged, you'll have no problems
2017-6-7
Use props
Eagle_Eye
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4137720 ft
United States

AndyP. Posted at 2017-6-7 11:20
just update it and make sure the battery is well charged, you'll have no problems

That's not 100% true statement.
Some users tried to update and are getting stuck @ some point.
You can still see on the thread that's still active till today about this issue.
Not trying to offend anyone but it's reality that some people are having issues updating.
2017-6-7
Use props
fansfa4ae9bb
lvl.1
Flight distance : 49803 ft
United States

I just got my Mavic yesterday and it took me 7 tries to get the firmware updated. It would either freeze up at 73% or would get to 95% and say 'Update Failed'.
2017-6-7
Use props
Pitando
lvl.2
Réunion

fansfa4ae9bb Posted at 2017-6-7 11:48
I just got my Mavic yesterday and it took me 7 tries to get the firmware updated. It would either freeze up at 73% or would get to 95% and say 'Update Failed'.

Did you manage to update? What you did?
2017-6-7
Use props
HWal
lvl.2
Norway

Running latest Go 4 app on Samsung S7. Updated to 550 a few weeks ago. I did not manage to update gitmwatr
2017-6-7
Use props
HWal
lvl.2
Norway

Sorry for the crippled post. To succeed in updating firmware I used my laptop and DJI Assistant 2, with wifi turned off and a wired internet connection.
2017-6-7
Use props
EastDallasMatt
lvl.1
Flight distance : 49803 ft
United States

Pitando Posted at 2017-6-7 12:26
Did you manage to update? What you did?

I just kept trying until it completed. The first few times I tried with my Pixel XL, but was unsuccessful. Then I switched to my iPad, but it still took 4 more tries. I just finished installing the Assistant app on my computer right before it actually installed. Have you tried using the DJI Assistant 2 desktop app?
2017-6-7
Use props
DwoneFlyer
lvl.1

Germany

Wow lots to think about, thanks everyone.

Its stuck in a tree now, does the new firmware include a tree escape mode

Brother in law bringing his long ladders tomorrow,, please no rain till later
2017-6-8
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

DwoneFlyer Posted at 2017-6-8 12:52
Wow lots to think about, thanks everyone.

Its stuck in a tree now, does the new firmware include a tree escape mode

Have you considered playing golf instead of drone flying?
2017-6-8
Use props
DwoneFlyer
lvl.1

Netherlands

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-6-8 22:42
Have you considered playing golf instead of drone flying?

tried golf and lost all my balls in the water hazards and a few over the car park. thought drone flying would be less walking now im climbing trees

when i fly over the golf course they all point and laugh making jokes about me looking for my lost balls

maybe knitting would be a better hobby
2017-6-9
Use props
Pitando
lvl.2
Portugal

I just receive my Mavic today, and have version 0440, from a lot of comments is the most stable FW version.
My question now is, can i fligh with this FW, any issue in case of need to activate DJI Care?

Everytime i open the app the fw alarm appear, is ok to ignore and use like that?
2017-6-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules