How about a DJI GO 4 iWatch app?
2511 8 2017-6-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cravenfan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 125256 ft
United States

Again, as I tick down the days until my first drone arrives (probably early July) I'm reading the manual and reading lots of good posts here.  One thing I was wondering, is if DJI could create an iWatch app?  It could have some of the basic features, photo shutter, video button, maybe the 4 Intelligence Flight Modes, etc?  For those of us with an iWatch, it would be an easy way to snap some pix, or start the video recording, without having to have your phone out and in the picture?  

Anyway, just a thought...there are a ton of iWatch apps for things I would not have thought would be usefull, but over time, have used most of them on my wrist and my phone is in my pocket.  
2017-6-7
Use props
Smokey22
Second Officer
Flight distance : 567434 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

+1

I would love to see DJI create a GO app for the apple watch especially with the Spark and the palm gesture control.
Apple watch has WiFi so it could connect to the Spark like the iPhone does and can provide the feed from the camera just for composition of the video/photo.
2017-6-7
Use props
Dirk52
Second Officer
Flight distance : 232995 ft
  • >>>
Germany

+1
Would love to see a Watch App!
2017-6-7
Use props
fans460b3016
lvl.1
Flight distance : 20151 ft
United States

But I think Apple doesn't allow custom wifi connection from apple watch. any wifi connection must setup thru the phone. and it's not easy to manage that part. So for apple watch will not standalone to connect spark or mavic. The only way (or easiest way) is to connect your phone to mavic/spark and watch communicate thru phone.
2017-7-12
Use props
Dirk52
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

fans460b3016 Posted at 2017-7-12 09:46
But I think Apple doesn't allow custom wifi connection from apple watch. any wifi connection must setup thru the phone. and it's not easy to manage that part. So for apple watch will not standalone to connect spark or mavic. The only way (or easiest way) is to connect your phone to mavic/spark and watch communicate thru phone.

And this would be awesome!
2017-7-12
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans460b3016 Posted at 2017-7-12 09:46

Yeah, just what the Spark needs another wireless connection.  Watch to phone, phone to RC and RC to Spark....LOL
2017-7-12
Use props
Dirk52
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Tviscomi Posted at 2017-7-12 10:00
Yeah, just what the Spark needs another wireless connection.  Watch to phone, phone to RC and RC to Spark....LOL

If you use the watch with phone you don’t need a RC...
2017-7-12
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dirk52 Posted at 2017-7-12 10:05
If you use the watch with phone you don’t need a RC...

Okay I retract my prior post...should be no issues at all because everything surrounding WIFI and the Spark is working flawlessly.
2017-7-12
Use props
giganteyyc
New
Canada

bumping this post; Any word if this is something being considered by the DJI team? It'd be amazing to have something as simple as remote shutter,  but also iWatch DJI Mimo app that would allow you to start stories (pocket / mobile) from your phone (sometimes the countdown to get into position isn't enough! remote start here would be awesome).
2020-3-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules