Traveling with your Mavic
744 5 2017-6-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JayTrue
lvl.1
United States

Has anyone had any issues with TSA while traveling with the Mavic? Looking at the TSA website, carrying 2 batteries would probably be the limit, but the site says the final say is up to the Agent at the security...
JT
2017-6-7
Use props
rnrnrn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 430932 ft
Germany

To answer your question the following link:

Link to TSA website with a link there to FAA regulations

Therefore - small batteries such as the one in the Mavic (below 100Whr) are allowed in carry-on, not allowed in checked apart from a single battery in the drone itself (and yes I've flown with Mavic in checked luggage but took all the batteries with me in carry-on - however the remote was still in checked baggage anyhow). The number of <100Whr batteries is not limited - you can take all 3 from fly-more combo with you and any more if you have them too.

One advise - do consider a lipo safe bag and plastic (3d printed) caps on the batteries - will not harm and will make any airport staff happy with it.

Happy travels ;-) Cheers!
2017-6-7
Use props
shorey
lvl.4
Flight distance : 445630 ft
United Kingdom

Travelled back to the UK last month with Mavic and 2 batteries. When going through security I left the Mavic in its case and 2 batteries were left in individual battery cases inside my hand luggage.
Had no trouble at all - everything went straight through without question.
2017-6-7
Use props
JayTrue
lvl.1
United States

shorey Posted at 2017-6-7 05:56
Travelled back to the UK last month with Mavic and 2 batteries. When going through security I left the Mavic in its case and 2 batteries were left in individual battery cases inside my hand luggage.
Had no trouble at all - everything went straight through without question.

Thanks a bunch
2017-6-7
Use props
JayTrue
lvl.1
United States

Thanks guys, I just chatted with a TSA guy I know and he concurred with the above.
2017-6-7
Use props
AndyP.
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3738274 ft
  • >>>
United States

very interested to see how the TSA is going to react with my mavic when I goto Defcon this year.
2017-6-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules