Firmware Update BEWARE
1538 6 2015-3-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Fencinales
lvl.1

Colombia

I got a new Inspire 1 and updated the firmware on the trasmitter first. BIG MISTAKE  I lost all connection between my transmitter and aircraft!!!

Apparently you have to do the aircraft FIRST

I can not even take it out of travel mode.!!

I have emailed  DJI twice and no answer

What can I do now?  Please help

My dealer says there are many users with this problem

Regards,

Fencinales
2015-3-12
Use props
Rschutte3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 275577 ft
United States

Have you tried to re link to the inspire to the controller? According to the manual there should be a button on the starboard side by the nose cone
2015-3-12
Use props
Arrow1969
Second Officer
Flight distance : 400577 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yes there is a button on the inside of the nose you should be able to re link the TX
2015-3-12
Use props
Fencinales
lvl.1

Colombia

Thank you guys. I actually didn't find the button but instead placed my aircraft over some books and updated the firmware while in travel mode!!  After that problem solved. But still a lesson to be learned: Always update firmware on Inspire FIRST, then transmitter

Tks again. This forum is awesome
2015-3-12
Use props
armyturtle
lvl.1

United States

This forum is awesome

No, it's not. The people here are awesome. This forum is $hit. Try the search function: Look up "motors locked" and it returns NO RESULTS.
However I have a running post where I clearly am speaking about my motors being locked. How the F#$> can this not be returned in a search? Just crap... also, in any given thread it's not listed necessarily in order of posts... when a particular post gets "supported" by someone clicking "support" because it's informative, it gets moved up higher WITHIN the thread; so then reading the thread makes no sense any longer!

I F-ing hate their forum (love the people and their contributions, but hate the forum).
2015-3-12
Use props
gwhiz2k
lvl.3

Canada

FYI, I upgraded my TX first, which resulted in the data on the MicroSD being corrupted, but a successful update (I guess that's why they tell you to use a fresh USB stick). I updated the Inspire second, and everything worked great. No issues, other than not getting any audio notification that the update was complete.

I also turned off TX when bird was updating, and vice versa.
2015-3-12
Use props
daver/m
lvl.4
Flight distance : 234590 ft
United States

Did my rc controller first with a thumb drive , then did the bird with the lexar micro sd it came with and had no problem whatsoever , none , it also loads much quicker this way . Several dealers including mine have YouTube tutorials on the set up and firmware install made easy ... Good luck then .
2015-3-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules