908 5 2017-6-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Minnesota Q
lvl.2
Flight distance : 183018 ft
United States

What are your must have accessories?

I have been searching for a nice sun hood for my P4P w/iPad Air 2 setup. Issue I've seen is all of them look cheap, look like just cardboard and your expected to pay $15-30usd for just cardboard....

What's the best Sun Hood that you have bought and tried?

Any accessories to stay away from?? Not worth the money?

Any accessories that are a must have?

Thanks for reading, look forward to your response. Q
2017-6-7
Use props
DroneGuyEd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1168140 ft
  • >>>
United States

I use the DJI sun hood for iPad size displays.  It works well, but has to be modified a bit for android devices.  I have a smaller one from Amazon for iPhone that is all black.

I recently got a small plastic part...for $5 on eBay...that keeps the antennas exactly parallel at all times.

I got a low cost pair of compact binoculars for longer flights where you need to see better.
2017-6-8
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

DroneGuyEd Posted at 2017-6-8 02:55
I use the DJI sun hood for iPad size displays.  It works well, but has to be modified a bit for android devices.  I have a smaller one from Amazon for iPhone that is all black.

I recently got a small plastic part...for $5 on eBay...that keeps the antennas exactly parallel at all times.

I think the DJI sunshade is for iPad Mini only (Size: 205 × 145 × 128 mm), not for bigger tablets,  I got a nice one for the iPad Air sized tablet, don't remember the brand but it has an array of tiny suction cups in the bottom. got it from Dronevolt Scandinavia .
drone-volt-solskaerm-til-ipad.jpg
2017-6-8
Use props
DroneGuyEd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1168140 ft
  • >>>
United States

Antonio76 Posted at 2017-6-8 12:07
I think the DJI sunshade is for iPad Mini only (Size: 205 × 145 × 128 mm), not for bigger tablets,  I got a nice one for the iPad Air sized tablet, don't remember the brand but it has an array of tiny suction cups in the bottom. got it from Dronevolt Scandinavia .

Yes, its originally for iPad Mini size.  Many Android tablets are almost identical in size and also fit well with minor mods.
2017-6-9
Use props
Alexdroner
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Try the pgytech one. Quality is good and it just cover the screen so the light senor with still work to ensure full brightness of the screen. Easy to intall, can install before or after the iPad is on the controller, easy to take it off.
2017-6-9
Use props
Alexdroner
lvl.2

United Kingdom

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PGYTECH- ... shade-/322498367847

This is the one I am talking about.
2017-6-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules