ACTIVATION Failure - DJI Mavic Pro
9312 49 2017-6-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans3aeb845b
New
United States

Customer service is very unhelpful. I called again and explained my situation. The guy claimed, "he helps people activates mavic pros every day," which I felt may have been a bit of a stretch seeing he couldn't activate mine. I find it very interesting that this issue suddenly appeared two days ago. It's not like it's been happening more and more. This sudden change is what prompts me to believe it's either in the app or their server that's having the issue.

I've contacted Engadget and TechCrunch hoping they'll write an article on this and warning people about buying the drone. Then hopefully DJI will get the hint that they can no longer ignore us.
2017-6-9
Use props
thenephites221
lvl.1
United States

Heisenberg121 Posted at 2017-6-9 13:24
I'm just wondering, in addition to 10 of us trying everything to fix this issue, what is DJI customer service saying?
They just claim their server is fine, and all of our brand new drones defect?
People in this thread are from U.S, Canada and France, and we bought our drones at different time, they might not even be the same batch.

When I called the individual I spoke with gave me all the usual "make sure the RC switch is on not the wifi switch" and "Uninstall and reinstall the app"and normal advice we've all tried.

Never once did they suggest it may be on their side. They suggested I send my drone in for repair or get a refund and exchange for a new one (which was proven to not work by another commenter)

So good luck getting anyone besides casual customer service who just reads a script and follows command prompts. A few DJI officials have commented on this thread and one PM'ed me to get my serial number but haven't heard from any of them for over 24 hours. Let me know any progress on your end. I would hope DJI KNOWS about this.
2017-6-9
Use props
H82Bpor
lvl.1
Flight distance : 27733 ft
United States

nuthin_fun Posted at 2017-6-9 13:22
I get that, too.  Then when the app comes up, it attempts to activate.

Im caller 2 in the QUE LOL
2017-6-9
Use props
Heisenberg121
New
United States

thenephites221 Posted at 2017-6-9 13:37
When I called the individual I spoke with gave me all the usual "make sure the RC switch is on not the wifi switch" and "Uninstall and reinstall the app"and normal advice we've all tried.

Never once did they suggest it may be on their side. They suggested I send my drone in for repair or get a refund and exchange for a new one (which was proven to not work by another commenter)

yea, you are right. I just get off the phone with DJI customer service.
He asked me how did I activate my drone step by step and said I did the correct thing. (btw, I even mentioned this thread and our situation, he said, they have noticed this thread. All of us are doing the correct thing).
I was on the phone for 30 mins and eventually they claimed, my brand new drone has some defects, so they will create a case and ask me to send back my drone and they will send me a new one. I told them I doubt there is anything wrong with my drone, since 10 of us are experiencing this and some of us already tried a new one, why can't you guys just realize this is not our problem. That guy told me, no, it's your drone. So, I created a case to get a new one.

While I'm typing this, I just regret this choice. I don't know how long this will take. I will drop by the apple store I bought it and hopefully they will handle the return themselves.

I feel extremely frustrated about this. Hope this info helps you guys.
2017-6-9
Use props
H82Bpor
lvl.1
United States

H82Bpor Posted at 2017-6-9 14:00
Im caller 2 in the QUE LOL

wow! this guy is really hard to understand
2017-6-9
Use props
SeanArmin
lvl.1
United States

Just got back from BestBuy in long beach went to look for exchange, BB employee only offered me to return. the guy told me, three mavic they have all returned by same error. what dji doing??
2017-6-9
Use props
H82Bpor
lvl.1
United States

Looks like he is sending me a new drone........
2017-6-9
Use props
thenephites221
lvl.1
United States

Heisenberg121 Posted at 2017-6-9 14:07
yea, you are right. I just get off the phone with DJI customer service.
He asked me how did I activate my drone step by step and said I did the correct thing. (btw, I even mentioned this thread and our situation, he said, they have noticed this thread. All of us are doing the correct thing).
I was on the phone for 30 mins and eventually they claimed, my brand new drone has some defects, so they will create a case and ask me to send back my drone and they will send me a new one. I told them I doubt there is anything wrong with my drone, since 10 of us are experiencing this and some of us already tried a new one, why can't you guys just realize this is not our problem. That guy told me, no, it's your drone. So, I created a case to get a new one.

Another commenter above said he returned  his mavic to Best Buy and the new one had the same error. And ANOTHER guy down below you said the exact same thing.

DEAR DJI if you are aware of this thread and reading. There's no way it's a drone problem. We've exchanged. We've got refunds. We just want these things to fly. The only thing that's failing is the activation. The drone functions fine.

Why not make it so we can activate via assistant 2? Or over the phone with our serial numbers? Why not send me a 2nd mavic for free because of all this trouble?

Pm me.
2017-6-9
Use props
H82Bpor
lvl.1
United States

thenephites221 Posted at 2017-6-9 14:53
Another commenter above said he returned  his mavic to Best Buy and the new one had the same error. And ANOTHER guy down below you said the exact same thing.

DEAR DJI if you are aware of this thread and reading. There's no way it's a drone problem. We've exchanged. We've got refunds. We just want these things to fly. The only thing that's failing is the activation. The drone functions fine.

you are correct, activate via phone? why not? now 2-3 weeks for a new drone and my vacation starts tomorrow does me NO GOOD....
2017-6-9
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

Thread closed. Please move discussion to more active posting of this issue. Hope to have a resolution for you guys soon.
2017-6-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules