Compass error and compass redundancy change
711 2 2017-6-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
StephenGSY
lvl.3
Flight distance : 814232 ft
Guernsey

I’m having an issue with my Mavic Pro. I get compass redundancy errors. Date exception error. And heading exception errors. Craft goes into Atti mode. Any ideas? It don’t happen all the time. And had many successful flights. A reboot of craft normally corrects it. I have checked for metal objects around take off area. And have calibrated compass. Anyone know if when actually flying at reasonable altitude around the seaside with large rock formation can cause this issue? Or is it a fault of my Mavic?
2017-6-7
Use props
MikeQView
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Yes, Rocky seaside areas with piers or rebar sea reinforcements can cause this,  depending on how the compass is calibrated,  also it appears some mavics have an issue with rear motor wiring routing,   if they pass close to certain components when the power levels change through the motor leads it may cause this
2017-6-7
Use props
StephenGSY
lvl.3
Flight distance : 814232 ft
Guernsey

My Mavic is quite a recent build. Had it a couple of weeks. Just curious thanks for the input MikeQView. I will keep an eye on it. At least the tech does what it’s supposed to do and give you full control when it happens. And I’m glad I practiced with atti mode on my P4 before getting the Mavic. It’s a shame you can’t manually switch on the Mavic as I can see some new pilots getting into a panic.
2017-6-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules