15033 109 2017-6-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
method007
Second Officer
Flight distance : 110449 ft
  • >>>
United States

Can anyone confirm the below is not true?

- To ensure safety, flight will be limited to 30 m height and 50 m distance if you’re not connected or logged into to the DJI GO 4 app during flight.

Meaning - you must have an internet connection and logged in at all times or your drone will be limited  to 30 m height and 50 m distance
2017-6-8
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

mikesher.live Posted at 2017-6-8 06:56
Thats one of my concerns as well.  The other is the need to fly where there is no cell service to log-into DJI.  I think DJI really screwed the pooch on this update.

I think it was necessary to log in only after recently updating the DJI GO 4 App, not every time you fly...
2017-6-8
Use props
CanonMax
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8953215 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

CORRECT and this time you will  need to updat Aircraft - Remote Control - Batteries AND re-link the Remote... nuts but peanuts to do.
2017-6-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

FiShBuRn Posted at 2017-6-8 06:21
Its mandatory to do all calibration after the update?

No only calibrate if you are prompted.
2017-6-8
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41420253 ft
  • >>>
United States

Litchi uses the DJI information I believe, they already do for most things.
2017-6-8
Use props
fans3e7ad585
New
United States

Hi Mark, Will I still be able to use DroneDeploy with this update?
Please let me know I updated the firmware and have a job to do!
2017-6-8
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Denmark

CanonMax Posted at 2017-6-8 11:12
CORRECT and this time you will  need to updat Aircraft - Remote Control - Batteries AND re-link the Remote... nuts but peanuts to do.

I rebooted the P4P for all 3 batteries (extended capacity) but neither showed any kind of update need. I mean,  no alerts or notices whatsoever in the App. I suppose they were current with the last update of the firmware I did some time ago, when they actually showed that they were updating.
2017-6-8
Use props
fans3e7ad585
New
United States

Guess I have to regress to the earlier version???? What a waste of time. I hope it still works.
2017-6-8
Use props
fans3e7ad585
New
United States

Did you get an answer on this?
2017-6-8
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

CanonMax Posted at 2017-6-8 06:47
I followed all instructions op my iPad (even disconnecting - re-connecting) and everything went perfect... Remote Control, Aircraft (Phantom 4 Pro) and all batteries updated without problem. Of course that takes some time...

Kindest regards,

You updated all batteries? A battery update was required? Hey, I watched to see if the Battery LEDs indicated upgrade during the firmware installation in case I needed to re-do for other batteries, but nothing. Are you sure upgrade of battery firmware is required?
2017-6-8
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Antonio76 Posted at 2017-6-8 11:59
I rebooted the P4P for all 3 batteries (extended capacity) but neither showed any kind of update need. I mean,  no alerts or notices whatsoever in the App. I suppose they were current with the last update of the firmware I did some time ago, when they actually showed that they were updating.

Yeah, that's what I thought about the batteries too Antonio. I'll check other batteries tonight before I take it away for the weekend though, JIC.
2017-6-8
Use props
UrbanDepartures
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Update successful on a new p4pro but I'm getting no signal error on the tablet screen although I can see bits of the camera image.  Plus the controller light is flashing red/green...any ideas
2017-6-8
Use props
Snowwolfwarrior
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1064780 ft
United Kingdom

Have you tried re linking the rc to the drone ?
2017-6-8
Use props
CanonMax
Second Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

For me it is STANDARD to check the batteries (firmware) after every update before testing the firmware. I DID notice that my 2 batteries that were not in the Phantom Pro 4 when updating needed to be updated (the so called ïnconstistent firmware - 2 LED's and then 1 flashes).
As I ALWAYS check this... I think it had to do with the V 01.04.0602 firmware...

Fly safe!

Max
2017-6-8
Use props
CanonMax
Second Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-6-8 13:22
You updated all batteries? A battery update was required? Hey, I watched to see if the Battery LEDs indicated upgrade during the firmware installation in case I needed to re-do for other batteries, but nothing. Are you sure upgrade of battery firmware is required?

In my case (see my other answer) I had to... there was this requester in the DJI GO 4 app...
2017-6-8
Use props
CanonMax
Second Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

BrianKushner Posted at 2017-6-7 23:23
The first casualty for me is loss of the Smart RTH Setting under the battery settings. I lost it in the beta and it never returned...

[view_image]

I just checked again but I do NOT see this in firmware V  xx.04.0602.
2017-6-8
Use props
UrbanDepartures
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Snowwolfwarrior Posted at 2017-6-8 23:40
Have you tried re linking the rc to the drone ?

Yeah its linked...its telling me to update the rc firmware but i cant see how
2017-6-8
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Denmark

Actually, I think there was some upgrading... The battery in the aircraft did blink the two center lights at a time, while doing the firmware upgrade. I just forgot what it meant. So I am not sure that the two other did it too or not. My bad... I suppose if the other batteries did not upgrade, I will be told  and I will check them in the app anyway, as I always do before a flight...
2017-6-9
Use props
Montymelon
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-6-9
Use props
CanonMax
Second Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

Montymelon Posted at 2017-6-9 05:33
Smart RTH is lost. No way to toggle it on or off anymore.

Video feed is crappier on 5.8/auto

After this update (and all other updates) I always check my settings... I noticed that my setting for C2 was gone... I could easily re-select it and it works FINE... C1 had not been changed by the firmware update...

Regards,

Max
2017-6-9
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41420253 ft
  • >>>
United States

Montymelon Posted at 2017-6-9 05:33
Smart RTH is lost. No way to toggle it on or off anymore.

Video feed is crappier on 5.8/auto

I haven't needed to manually adjust gimbal  since the beta and new official firmware corrected tilted horizon for me. Missing smart rth though..
2017-6-9
Use props
GoodmanRP
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4344974 ft
  • >>>
Poland

Is it possible?
refresh.JPG
2017-6-9
Use props
Gerrit van S
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1227831 ft
Netherlands

method007 Posted at 2017-6-8 10:54
Can anyone confirm the below is not true?

- To ensure safety, flight will be limited to 30 m height and 50 m distance if you’re not connected or logged into to the DJI GO 4 app during flight.

Just updated Phantom 4 Pro-plus.
First handset update.
Phantom update by Assistent 2

Git the massages but they disapeared after connetting handset with Phantom by USB.
Firmware and update were checked.
Waring s disapeared.

Didn't see any battery update.

Goodluck!
2017-6-9
Use props
Gerrit van S
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1227831 ft
Netherlands

BTW: no limitations and no internetconnection required!
2017-6-9
Use props
UrbanDepartures
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I resolved my issues by updating RC firmware...for some reason it wasn't available while updating the aircraft. Everything appears fine although since its a brand new bird I have no knowledge of previous issues.
2017-6-9
Use props
CanonMax
Second Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

Antonio76 Posted at 2017-6-8 10:44
Just did the updates, through the DJI GO4 App on an iPad 5th gen, all went smoothly, just had to relink Craft and RC to clear the no video downlink issue.  BTW, in your post you say "Aircraft Firmware: V 01.03.0602 (June 8th 2017)", while it should be  Version 01.04.0602...

Yupppp good eyes! I already changed it but did not yet dare to post it again
2017-6-10
Use props
picky
lvl.2
Flight distance : 279 ft
Philippines

Today I decided to update to the latest firmware on the pro plus. After completing the updates for the controller and the quad I decided to turn them on.
First was the RC followed by the quad. After start up my ears were subject to a vibration noise from the gimbal, looking at the rc display i see a message inviting me to login in so i could access the dji app. after log on i went to gimbal calibration and reset the gimbal but still had the noise. Then i was informed of the home point. Looking down at  the display was nothing to indicate where I was, not even a map of China.
I shut down the quad and rc and restarted only to be treated to the gimbal noise again. I was once again invited to log in to dji so i could access the dji app.
I finally decided to reset the quad and gone back to the previous updates.  
My gimbal is quiet as a mouse my home pint was back and no need of a log in.
I think this is disgusting of DJI to treat us customers like pieces of garbage but thats how big Chinese business works. They give us updates which have obviously messed a lot of people around. I am wondering do you need an internet connection every time you start your quad with this new firmware.  C'mon DJI, get your act together and give us good working and tested firmware. before passing it on to us .we spend lots on your product.
2017-6-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

picky Posted at 2017-6-10 01:51
Today I decided to update to the latest firmware on the pro plus. After completing the updates for the controller and the quad I decided to turn them on.
First was the RC followed by the quad. After start up my ears were subject to a vibration noise from the gimbal, looking at the rc display i see a message inviting me to login in so i could access the dji app. after log on i went to gimbal calibration and reset the gimbal but still had the noise. Then i was informed of the home point. Looking down at  the display was nothing to indicate where I was, not even a map of China.
I shut down the quad and rc and restarted only to be treated to the gimbal noise again. I was once again invited to log in to dji so i could access the dji app.

No you DONT need an internet connection.
2017-6-10
Use props
wobbles
Second Officer
Flight distance : 547438 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Gerrit van S Posted at 2017-6-9 12:04
Just updated Phantom 4 Pro-plus.
First handset update.
Phantom update by Assistent 2

mine was exactly the same no probs
only get a battery update if you put spare battery in after ..
2017-6-10
Use props
fansa4aab261
lvl.1

Portugal

Helimage Posted at 2017-6-8 00:07
Had to relink the RC to get live video feed back, everything should work now. Test flight soon.

Hi. I updated today and having the remote updated too, live vídeo was terrible with lots of interference, glitches, and warnings. Went back to 1.03_0509 and vídeo link is good.
2017-6-10
Use props
picky
lvl.2
Philippines

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-6-10 03:45
No you DONT need an internet connection.

Thank you for that advice. I am back on the previous firmware waiting to see DJI responses to peoples issues with the new updates on the forum. It does seem some have had no problem but most have.
2017-6-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

picky Posted at 2017-6-10 05:59
Thank you for that advice. I am back on the previous firmware waiting to see DJI responses to peoples issues with the new updates on the forum. It does seem some have had no problem but most have.

I don't think most have, it's just your hearing from the ones who have problems , this is about normal for every firmware update.
2017-6-10
Use props
jsantacroce
lvl.3
Flight distance : 10036 ft
United States

I read several comments here about being stuck at 99% after pulling the cable and reinserting. I did the same thing as instructed and it just sat there. I Waited about 15 minutes. However, after I pulled the cable again I then stuck it back in the controller instead of the P4P and it immediately went to 100% and successfully completed. Just thought I would toss that out there. I think the message is not clear or for whatever reason plugging it back in the RC for me worked. I then relinked and recalibrated and checked everything out and did a test flight and all seems to be good. But it was painful and I had to do it with a non-plus controller as it did not like my plus controller. That wouldn't even let me start the download. I bought the non-plus as a spare and for other use but came in handy today.
2017-6-10
Use props
picky
lvl.2
Philippines

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-6-10 06:10
I don't think most have, it's just your hearing from the ones who have problems , this is about normal for every firmware update.

Yes fair comment. This is my first issue with the updating process. The update process went flawlessly until start up.  my main concern was the gimbal which also got very hot . Well can only wait and see how others are coping and how the problem can be resolved. Thank you for your reply.
2017-6-10
Use props
perkman1969
New
United Kingdom

Has anyone ended up with a purple LED on the RC controller after this firmware update. Can't find anything that tells me what it means - I have had all the same issues as everyone above but can't re-link the controller to the aircraft, even after rolling back both units' firmware. I now have 2 very expensive bits of shiny white plastic that 24hrs ago was working perfectly. Not a happy chappy at all!!!
2017-6-10
Use props
Rodger8
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Now my Phantom 4 Pro is totally useless to me.
2017-6-10
Use props
perkman1969
New
United Kingdom

perkman1969 Posted at 2017-6-10 06:36
Has anyone ended up with a purple LED on the RC controller after this firmware update. Can't find anything that tells me what it means - I have had all the same issues as everyone above but can't re-link the controller to the aircraft, even after rolling back both units' firmware. I now have 2 very expensive bits of shiny white plastic that 24hrs ago was working perfectly. Not a happy chappy at all!!!

Adendum: found a thread on this purple light and it worked! 24hrs of squeaky bum time now almost over - flight sim works as it used to but haven't flown outdoors yet. That will be the test (have rolled back to previous firmware on the drone but upgraded the RC firmware) Fingers crossed....
2017-6-10
Use props
Montymelon
Banned

United States

2017-6-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Montymelon Posted at 2017-6-10 08:11
No more ability to turn of Smart RTH in latest firmware!

The ability to turn off Smart RTH has been removed on the P4Pro in the latest firmware released the other day- V01.04.0602

Over the years with firmware updates there have been many things added and removed when new firmware has been introduced,
You say this will cut mission flying down by HALF maybe you will enlighten us.
And you also have the option of staying on old firmware so are you ranting or are you just not thinking .
2017-6-10
Use props
Montymelon
Banned

United States

2017-6-10
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules