Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New Firmware for Phantom 4 Pro Has Been Released. (V 01.04.0602)
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sobey1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15200 ft
United Kingdom

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-6-8 14:52
Yep, worked OK for me using same process also. Had to force a re-linking of craft and RC a couple of times after rebooting each, but eventually OK.

I'm amazed that so many people here are complaining about lost video link. Don't people ever read the Release Notes first? It says:

I am with you there buddy........its all over Facebook on nearly every DJI page.

People that never update their Go apps that have tried to update FW and now have their drones restricted (i have seen afew) trying to blame dji for not giving notice.......it was everywhere.

People flapping about a simple relink.....it not only says in the release notes, but also the manuals. It is amazing how many people dont read them. It also amazes me how many people actually dont know how to rebind the drone and the controller.

If everyone used common sense and actually took the time to read the notes properly and if they get into trouble get hold of DJI online support, they would find they wouldnt have a problem and it would be solved atraight away without the need for horror stories!!!!!!!
2017-6-8
Use props
Sobey1
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Yep, worked OK for me using same process also. Had to force a re-linking of craft and RC a couple of times after rebooting each, but eventually OK.

I'm amazed that so many people here are complaining about lost video link. Don't people ever read the Release Notes first? It says:

I am with you there buddy........its all over Facebook on nearly every DJI page.

People that never update their Go apps that have tried to update FW and now have their drones restricted (i have seen afew) trying to blame dji for not giving notice.......it was everywhere.

People flapping about a simple relink.....it not only says in the release notes, but also the manuals. It is amazing how many people dont read them. It also amazes me how many people actually dont know how to rebind the drone and the controller.

If everyone used common sense and actually took the time to read the notes properly and if they get into trouble get hold of DJI online support, they would find they wouldnt have a problem and it would be solved atraight away without the need for horror stories!!!!!!!
2017-6-8
Use props
The Roach
lvl.3
Flight distance : 412835 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2017-6-7 23:54
"To ensure safety, flight will be limited to 30 m height and 50 m distance if you’re not connected or logged into to the DJI GO 4 app during flight."

Does this mean there will be limitations if no wifi nor cell phone signal available (most out of town remote areas) ?

The answer to this question will be the deciding factor for many to stay with DJI.  I hope it doesn't work as written.   Not having the ability to whip out the P4 or Mav during a remote camping trip is a show stopper.  No one wants to plan 'up to 30 flights in advance' as I have heard.  I'm updating now to find out...
2017-6-8
Use props
vB3PYuin6pY3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 874974 ft
Germany

The Roach Posted at 2017-6-8 17:01
The answer to this question will be the deciding factor for many to stay with DJI.  I hope it doesn't work as written.   Not having the ability to whip out the P4 or Mav during a remote camping trip is a show stopper.  No one wants to plan 'up to 30 flights in advance' as I have heard.  I'm updating now to find out...

I know I don't have data access so an update ti if it works or not would be great!
2017-6-8
Use props
eColumbia01
lvl.4
United States

Could we have DJI staff give more detail to the 30m height 50m lateral limitation if an app is not running. I understand that if you fly the phantom 4 pro, in my case, just with the rc, then the drone is limited to 30m height and 50m lateral from the rc? Is this correct?

A second question: what occurs when flying and the drone is 200m height and 200m lateral and the DJI Go 4 app (or another app like Litchi) crashes? Does the drone simply hover in place, land, or return to home? Do we have the ability to control the drone at that point?

What if the DJI 4 app crashes when we fly a waypoint mission and we are farther away from the 30m height/50m lateral limitation.

If there is some documentation that describes all this then please provide a link.

Thanks,
2017-6-8
Use props
fans48525b49
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

Hello Guys..This firmware tends to overload the gimbal motors and they start shaking and making noise. First the remote controller and aircraft disconnected which was resolved with relinking the RC and aircraft. Then gimbal motor overload happened which makes terrible noise and shakes.. seems the firmware might be corrupted or there are bugs. DJI should thoroughly test the firmware before release. THe new firmware seems to damage the gimbal motors.

Anyway I downgraded the firmware to previous version and everything comes up fine. No disconnections and no gimbal motors overload message or shaking or noise.

2017-6-8
Use props
fans48525b49
lvl.1
United States

Hello Guys..This firmware tends to overload the gimbal motors and they start shaking and making noise. First the remote controller and aircraft disconnected which was resolved with relinking the RC and aircraft. Then gimbal motor overload happened which makes terrible noise and shakes.. seems the firmware might be corrupted or there are bugs. DJI should thoroughly test the firmware before release.  Anyway I downgraded the firmware to previous version and everything comes up fine. No disconnections and no gimbal motors overload message or shaking or noise.
2017-6-8
Use props
Memento Mori
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1550577 ft
United Kingdom

It appears to have worked for me via DJI Go 4, not flown yet
Updated the remote first and restarted that to then update the bird, all went through as it should.
2017-6-8
Use props
DevonDrone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 71716 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just did my update via dji assistant2 and all went well, then updated Transmitter, quick test flight in the garden and all seems well, will get out later for a longer flight and see!
2017-6-9
Use props
The Roach
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

The Roach Posted at 2017-6-8 17:01

I had many issues updating my P4P+ last night but did finally prevail.  After work I will do some stringent testing to determine what the behavior actually is as DJI doesn't seem to want to provide any additional information.   I'll post my findings.  

Again, if there are flight limitations simply due to a lack of an internet connection (after logging in once as advertised), DJI is going to loose a huge amount of business.  I've been selling DJI to my friends and family for over a year, hope DJI doesn't make me look stupid.  

Everyone I know says this will kill future purchases if what is advertised is what actually happens.  I'm holding off on purchasing 2 Sparks until I know.  I can always go with the Breeze if I decide to drop DJI as my go to company.  

Anyone know how this actually works yet?
2017-6-9
Use props
The Roach
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

eColumbia01 Posted at 2017-6-8 17:45
Could we have DJI staff give more detail to the 30m height 50m lateral limitation if an app is not running. I understand that if you fly the phantom 4 pro, in my case, just with the rc, then the drone is limited to 30m height and 50m lateral from the rc? Is this correct?

A second question: what occurs when flying and the drone is 200m height and 200m lateral and the DJI Go 4 app (or another app like Litchi) crashes? Does the drone simply hover in place, land, or return to home? Do we have the ability to control the drone at that point?

Good luck.
2017-6-9
Use props
Scott H
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2136 ft
United States

If anyone has the P4P+ can you see if you still have the option to turn off OSD on the HDMI output? I seem to have lost this...
2017-6-9
Use props
fans1dd80897
New
United States

My aircraft keeps telling me to do the update, which I have already done. I see that it shows 100% complete, but is still not connecting with the RC, and there is nothing showing on the camera.
What do I do from here?
2017-6-9
Use props
fans48525b49
lvl.1
United States

fans1dd80897 Posted at 2017-6-9 07:52
My aircraft keeps telling me to do the update, which I have already done. I see that it shows 100% complete, but is still not connecting with the RC, and there is nothing showing on the camera.
What do I do from here?

open dji go 4 app. then go to gimbal settings then select link RC -- then before timeout press the link button on phantom 4. It is that red light that blinks..
2017-6-9
Use props
fans1dd80897
New
United States

fans48525b49 Posted at 2017-6-9 08:06
open dji go 4 app. then go to gimbal settings then select link RC -- then before timeout press the link button on phantom 4. It is that red light that blinks..

Did that, still nothing. Camera is still showing nothing...
2017-6-9
Use props
Fontinalis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 975367 ft
United States

Sobey1 Posted at 2017-6-8 16:30
Always update your RC via OTA with your device......i always trying to update the RC a pain whennusing the assistant

No problems here, either. OTA update of RC FW  and NFZs  via iPad. AC via DJ Assistant 2. Update worked perfectly, never lost contact with camera, even before updating the RC. Checked NFZs on map and no new impacts to where I fly.
2017-6-9
Use props
E.finlay
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1868366 ft
United States

fansc36a7331 Posted at 2017-6-8 01:48
Is this update OK to use? really scared to update as all I see is reports of issues and a friend just crashed his P4P today after updating

NO  don't use it.  It won't let me fly even after unlocking.  I am not even in the no fly zone but he genius  people at DJI say otherwise
2017-6-9
Use props
E.finlay
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1868366 ft
United States

Mobilcams Posted at 2017-6-8 04:48
You should have held off on doing an update until everyone else tested it out and you were done filming.. Don't blame DJI - be aware of issues that can happen when you update firmware, especially if what you were filming was that important.

Wrong.  Blame DJI.  We should not have to wait.  They are in business to do things correctly, not for us to be test subjects.
2017-6-9
Use props
fans48525b49
lvl.1
United States

I just send in my phantom 4 pro for repairs after the firmware update damaged the gimbal.
2017-6-9
Use props
Mobilcams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2907674 ft
United States

E.finlay Posted at 2017-6-9 09:54
Wrong.  Blame DJI.  We should not have to wait.  They are in business to do things correctly, not for us to be test subjects.

Well, we SHOULDN'T have to, but if you are using your equipment for anything professional or mission critical - you would not want to update right away.. This goes for most things, not just drones..  There are ALWAYS going to be bugs in software, it doesn't matter how much testing they do.. You have a small team of people trying to make sure everything works correctly - they cannot foresee every single situation.  They are pressured to get the update out (you only have to look at our forums to see this) to the consumer in hopes that it cures most, if not all the issues..

I am not here to preach, I am only giving my personal and professional opinion as a photographer and end user. Years of experience with different hardware/software upgrades and updates to many different electronics have shown me that there are ALWAYS going to be things that go wrong - it's finding the middle ground that works best for you.  

(on another note: I have not yet updated because I AM seeing people report various issues, primarily people with the + model which I thankfully do not have, but I have a little anxiety over the few reports of gimbal malfunctions - especially when this firmware does indeed tackled gimbal issues as well)..
2017-6-9
Use props
shan
lvl.3
Flight distance : 17211 ft
  • >>>
United States

Anthony Link Me Posted at 2017-6-8 10:08
just china map on my phantom 4 pro+ with the new update ...

same thing for me
2017-6-9
Use props
Sobey1
lvl.1
United Kingdom

For all worrying about losing connection or app crash stop flapping......I updated yesterday and flew today in airplane mode as per...... got no restrictions flwe out to 500m at 400ft no problems. You do not have to be connected to Internet just flying with the app!!!!! If the app crashes hit RTH on the RC......it is common sense really!!!!
2017-6-9
Use props
andyc57
lvl.2
Flight distance : 184032 ft
United States

ok the way i was able update the firmware. i started the update with my iPad i was able to update the AC but the RC was not connecting properly it
was blinking red and green lights. so i decided to connect  my iPhone onces i open the DJI 4 GO app the RC stated to update so far no issue
will take a test fly tomorrow
2017-6-9
Use props
andyc57
lvl.2
Flight distance : 184032 ft
United States

ok i was having  firmware update problems. i stared the update with my iPad. i was able to update the AC but the RC was not connecting properly
it was displaying a red and green blinking  lights. so i decided to update with my iPhone  onces i connected the to the RC and open the DJI go App
the RC was updating with no problems. so issue was the RC did not update correctly so far no issues i will take test flight tomorrow
2017-6-9
Use props
Whiskey9
lvl.1
Flight distance : 296883 ft
Australia

Updated as instructed my Phantom P4P but now get no maps error message init. map error
2017-6-9
Use props
CanonMax
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8953215 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

and the last sentence is: "Re-link the aircraft with the remote controller if they are disconnected"

I had to do this and all is perfect...

FlySafe,

Max
2017-6-10
Use props
picky
lvl.2
Flight distance : 279 ft
Philippines

This is a crappy update, my advice is wait for awhile.
2017-6-10
Use props
picky
lvl.2
Flight distance : 279 ft
Philippines

fans48525b49 Posted at 2017-6-8 19:30
Hello Guys..This firmware tends to overload the gimbal motors and they start shaking and making noise. First the remote controller and aircraft disconnected which was resolved with relinking the RC and aircraft. Then gimbal motor overload happened which makes terrible noise and shakes.. seems the firmware might be corrupted or there are bugs. DJI should thoroughly test the firmware before release. THe new firmware seems to damage the gimbal motors.

Anyway I downgraded the firmware to previous version and everything comes up fine. No disconnections and no gimbal motors overload message or shaking or noise.

I had the same issue and back peddled very quickly to the previous firmware. I was quite concerned about the gimbal. It would appear they issue the firmware without  thoroughly testing it and leaving a lot of people with bad thoughts about DJI
2017-6-10
Use props
tommyolsson
New
Flight distance : 27405 ft
Sweden

Aardvark Posted at 2017-6-7 23:54
"To ensure safety, flight will be limited to 30 m height and 50 m distance if you’re not connected or logged into to the DJI GO 4 app during flight."

Does this mean there will be limitations if no wifi nor cell phone signal available (most out of town remote areas) ?

Thats exactly my first thought too. Does that mean that i cant fly more than 50 meters if i dont have a cellphone connection ? :-(
2017-6-10
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

tommyolsson Posted at 2017-6-10 04:32
Thats exactly my first thought too. Does that mean that i cant fly more than 50 meters if i dont have a cellphone connection ? :-(

I think it has just been badly worded by DJI, but clarification from them or somebody who has fully updated their firmware/App' for the P4P (or P4A) would help. I have the P4 which is currently waiting for the next firmware upgrade. Where I expect the same rule would apply regarding registration if not completed (limitations applied by new firmware ?).
Having upgraded DJI Go 4 to V4.1.0 I was prompted to log into my account, as far as I'm aware this is a one off event. So that when/if the P4 firmware arrives I would not expect to see any limitations at all based on wifi or cell phone signals being available.
2017-6-10
Use props
DMP
New
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2017-6-10 04:43
I think it has just been badly worded by DJI, but clarification from them or somebody who has fully updated their firmware/App' for the P4P (or P4A) would help. I have the P4 which is currently waiting for the next firmware upgrade. Where I expect the same rule would apply regarding registration if not completed (limitations applied by new firmware ?).
Having upgraded DJI Go 4 to V4.1.0 I was prompted to log into my account, as far as I'm aware this is a one off event. So that when/if the P4 firmware arrives I would not expect to see any limitations at all based on wifi or cell phone signals being available.

Last night I upgraded my P4P+. I was concerned about the cell connection as the + doesn't have one and I don't want to have to fiddle with setting up a hotspot on my cell phone just to fly.      

Background and other info:
- I do see that only China maps are available for download in the app.  
- I don't know if I've successfully downloaded the no fly list (it keeps prompting me, and then telling me I have no wifi connection when I do and can open Safari on the P4P+ device).  

I just took it out for a test flight. I was on the edge of a yellow zone in the DJI online (website) map.    I had no wifi where I powered everything up.  

When I fired up the transmitter, after it thought about things for a minute or so, I was prompted (in my own words) that flight restrictions were nearby, check these two boxes stating that I have permission to fly there (I do) and I take responsibility (I do), and it performed normally from there on out.  

I often see the app crash during a flight and was waiting for that to see what happened then, but it didn't crash this time.

I don't know if that means starting a flight in a restricted area without an internet connection is allowed if you accept the conditions, but that's what it seemed like to me.  
2017-6-10
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DMP Posted at 2017-6-10 05:00
Last night I upgraded my P4P+. I was concerned about the cell connection as the + doesn't have one and I don't want to have to fiddle with setting up a hotspot on my cell phone just to fly.      

Background and other info:

"I don't know if that means starting a flight in a restricted area without an internet connection is allowed if you accept the conditions, but that's what it seemed like to me. "

Thank you for the feedback. Your point above might be correct, but I suspect it's more of an 'audit trail' they are setting up, reconfirming a specific aircraft to a specific account, flight records and pilot confirming rules and regulations etc.

On the plus side it would likely make it easier for them to prohibit any P4s that might have been unlawfully obtained. In as much as they are unlikely to have been re-registered to an account (Purely my thoughts and vivid imagination).
2017-6-10
Use props
fans3cf356ec
lvl.2
United States

How do you factory reset the RC?    I cannot get it to bind and think the RC failed during the firmware update
2017-6-10
Use props
sbernard
lvl.1
Flight distance : 37562 ft
France

Hi,
I upgraded my P4P+ by using wifi and after SD card, but the same probleme. I have only china map. i lost my maps before, and impossible to download an another map.
DJI can give a fix of this problem ? And dji can respond to user messages following the update. I find dji very absent right now.
Thanks
2017-6-10
Use props
sutadi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 416804 ft
Indonesia

Hi team  I experienced a similar incident, after I updated the latest firmware DJI Go 4 app on remote controler can not start and message Unfortunately, DJI GO 4 has stopped, what should I do to solve the problem?
2017-6-10
Use props
sutadi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 416804 ft
Indonesia

Hi DJI team

Help me please...... after I updated the latest firmware DJI Go 4 app on remote controler can not start and message Unfortunately, DJI GO 4 has stopped, what should I do to solve the problem?
2017-6-10
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Roach Posted at 2017-6-9 05:18
I had many issues updating my P4P+ last night but did finally prevail.  After work I will do some stringent testing to determine what the behavior actually is as DJI doesn't seem to want to provide any additional information.   I'll post my findings.  

Again, if there are flight limitations simply due to a lack of an internet connection (after logging in once as advertised), DJI is going to loose a huge amount of business.  I've been selling DJI to my friends and family for over a year, hope DJI doesn't make me look stupid.  

I updated my P4P and goggles using the DJI A2 software. All finished no issues. I have been reading the frenzy of statements in the forum and of course the FW release was when DJI is not available to answer questions!  I am charging the batteries on my Mavic to get this updated too.  For me it really looks like they broke out or separated the NFZ libraries from the Go App so it can be updated by its self. This is why they want you to log into the App every time you go to fly. (IMO anyway)  Hopefully this will change again down the raod!
I feel that they want the App connected to insure the NFZ are updated in the drone (only... not that you need a internet or cellular connection in the field.

As with many FW updates you need to go back into all your settings and change them back to how you want them (no surprise)

I will be flying tomorrow weather permitting to see what is happening .... I am sure things will be okay.

Rich

2017-6-10
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

sutadi Posted at 2017-6-10 17:26
Hi DJI team

Help me please...... after I updated the latest firmware DJI Go 4 app on remote controler can not start and message Unfortunately, DJI GO 4 has stopped, what should I do to solve the problem?

Not sure exactly what your issues is from the information provided.  
1) Use your PC and the DJI Assistant 2 software to update your remote and drone.
2) Now that you have everything updated wait and do step 3
3) uninstall the DJI Go 4 App from your device and install it again new.
4 Turn on your remote and connect to the P$P and connect your device with DJI 4 Go App
5 You might need to relink your remote to the drone... please read the manual for this.
You should be working again
Rich
2017-6-10
Use props
JePe
lvl.1
Flight distance : 247769 ft
Netherlands

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-6-10 21:30
Not sure exactly what your issues is from the information provided.  
1) Use your PC and the DJI Assistant 2 software to update your remote and drone.
2) Now that you have everything updated wait and do step 3

only problem is, relinking DOES NOT work...
2017-6-11
Use props
JePe
lvl.1
Flight distance : 247769 ft
Netherlands

JePe Posted at 2017-6-11 03:11
only problem is, relinking DOES NOT work...

transmitter flashes green/red, I get a very blocky transmission signal ...and relinking doesn't work ...

says it's linked, but it crap....
2017-6-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules