New Firmware for Phantom 4 Pro Has Been Released. (V 01.04.0602)
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BKKSingles
lvl.2
Thailand

anyone else getting a sudden buzzing / scratching noise coming from the gimbal after upgrading? no noise before update and now so much weird scratching noise that never accured before.
2017-6-11
Use props
fans83f96f81
New
United States

I have everything red now after update on my ipad pro.
no setting changes has been made. wth ?
IMG_0046.jpg
2017-6-11
Use props
JePe
lvl.1
Flight distance : 247769 ft
Netherlands

JePe Posted at 2017-6-11 03:16
transmitter flashes green/red, I get a very blocky transmission signal ...and relinking doesn't work ...

says it's linked, but it crap....

oki... after an hour of frustration, fixed it.. Was the transmitter firmware which was up to speed, which is weird, because I never got any messages of that.
THAT is a DJI problem, since... if the craft firmware NEEDS a different transmitter firmware,... you should do that first...

Solution for me:
- downgraded firmware (got my connection back straight away)
- when starting all over again, I first upgraded the transmitter firmware (by skipping that update message -> going to 'the device' and clicking on the firmware needed warning there ...
- installed the transmitter firmware first
- installed the drone firmware afterwoulds (that way, you can skip that confusing message about restarting the transmitter first before restarting the drone)
- worked

Would have been much easier and much clearder that DJI noted or programmed it so, that the transmitter has to have the newest firmware first!! Tell people that, instead of stating this in a weird small notice about restarting the transmitter first (which... you normally NEVER do!!)

So...
1) update transmitter firmware first
2) then the drone firmware.
If you fail to do the transmitter firmware, the transmitter WILL NOT connect to the drone, at least..... connects to it with a faulty video connection.

Pffff... at least I'm glad this worked...
PS this was the video that put my on the right track:

2017-6-11
Use props
DCatalo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3225748 ft
  • >>>
United States

Eaglewood Films Posted at 2017-6-8 01:06
Updated both Phantom 4 Pro+ and the controller and now there's no connection between the RC and the drone. Restarted everything and no luck. This is a major flaw obviously that makes the drone unusable. Please fix this ASAP!

Hello. My name is Dan, I'm having the same problem as you. I cant fly, i tried to download DJI assistant but I'm having problem with that also. I haven't had a problem up to now but its starting to upset me. I tried a factory reset on my controller but to no avail
2017-6-11
Use props
BKKSingles
lvl.2
Thailand

Anyone had problems calibrating gimbal after update? Mine always gets stuck at 50% and also make this bad scratching noise. Sounds very bad and never had this problem before update.
2017-6-11
Use props
taurus35
lvl.4
Flight distance : 136417 ft
United Kingdom

fans83f96f81 Posted at 2017-6-11 04:56
[view_image]

All settings will have reset after upgrade. It looks like Focus assistant option has been turned on.
2017-6-11
Use props
JePe
lvl.1
Netherlands

fans83f96f81 Posted at 2017-6-11 04:56
[view_image]

that's your focus peaking in video
2017-6-11
Use props
fans83f96f81
New
United States

taurus35 Posted at 2017-6-11 05:13
All settings will have reset after upgrade. It looks like Focus assistant option has been turned on.

that was peak focus threshold:normal
2017-6-11
Use props
picky
lvl.2
Flight distance : 279 ft
Philippines

BKKSingles Posted at 2017-6-11 04:54
anyone else getting a sudden buzzing / scratching noise coming from the gimbal after upgrading? no noise before update and now so much weird scratching noise that never accured before.

Yes I had the same issue as you plus the gimbal gets very hot indeed. I went pack to the previous firmware version and the gimbal is quiet and no vibration
2017-6-11
Use props
DCatalo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3225748 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hello All. Ok i had the same problems as everyone else. I couldn't get a connection in between the remote and the drone. After some pulling of hair and a lot of reading I managed to find a answer that worked . I re linked the drone manually and now i have my video feed, i can fly, no problems. I want to thank those of you that have given some answers as what to do. I'm going to fly again today so it couldnt have been fixed at a better time. Thank You!!!
2017-6-11
Use props
sutadi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 416804 ft
Indonesia

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-6-10 21:30
Not sure exactly what your issues is from the information provided.  
1) Use your PC and the DJI Assistant 2 software to update your remote and drone.
2) Now that you have everything updated wait and do step 3

Hi RichJ53

Thanks for your response, my problem is the remote controler P4P Plus can not run DJI Go app since the power button is turned on, the screen can not display DJI GO 4 menus, so only the dark screen appears and the message "unfornutely, GO's GO app has Stopped "nothing else. While RC is no problem and the remote controller runs normally without any GO app DJI display on screen.

Best regards
Sutadi
2017-6-11
Use props
sutadi
lvl.1
Indonesia

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-6-10 21:30
Not sure exactly what your issues is from the information provided.  
1) Use your PC and the DJI Assistant 2 software to update your remote and drone.
2) Now that you have everything updated wait and do step 3

Hi Richj53

Thanks for your response, my problem is the remote controler P4P Plus can not run DJI Go app since the power button is turned on, the screen can not display DJI GO 4 menus, so only the dark screen appears and the message "unfornutely, GO's GO app has Stopped "nothing else. While RC is no problem and the remote controller runs normally without any GO app DJI display on screen.
Sutadi
2017-6-11
Use props
Nil73
lvl.2
Mexico

Mobilcams Posted at 2017-6-8 04:48
You should have held off on doing an update until everyone else tested it out and you were done filming.. Don't blame DJI - be aware of issues that can happen when you update firmware, especially if what you were filming was that important.

What do you mean, Don't blame DJI ? Who's fault is it that the firmware isn't working. ??? They wrote the code, they released it, clearly without testing !!!!
2017-6-11
Use props
Montymelon
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-6-11
Use props
JePe
lvl.1
Netherlands

Nil73 Posted at 2017-6-11 07:16
What do you mean, Don't blame DJI ? Who's fault is it that the firmware isn't working. ??? They wrote the code, they released it, clearly without testing !!!!

they probably tested it, but.... not good enough... But that's common in companies these days... I see that in IT organisations also... to busy with new 'methods' and 'faster deployment', but... forgetting where the software was made for... the clients!

The 'what do you have to do' information is also bit weak... really the transmitter firmware 'button' is 'somewhere', but... not entirely clear how to do that 'separately' ... the 'drone' firmware pop's up first, which... is clearly not right (since the transmitter has to be upgraded first obviously)...  

I hope the other 'improvements' like the  gimbal are indeed 'improving' stuff, otherwise, it's a silly , 'push-through' firmware (crippling the drone if you don't comply).  It has nothing to do with the FAA rules. You cannot downgrade anymore, since.. you get crippled again, so... it's a bit powerplay of DJI.

Let DJI first make a good fix for the drifting of the gimbal horizon, which, reading the comments on lot's of sites and fori, is already a 'bug' since the first Phantoms... (and is damn irritating).  
Must be able to fix that .. since the stabilisation of the gimbal is fantastic, extremely stable, but.... the tilted horizon is kinda weird in that respect...
2017-6-11
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

JePe Posted at 2017-6-11 03:16
transmitter flashes green/red, I get a very blocky transmission signal ...and relinking doesn't work ...

says it's linked, but it crap....

Your remote has not been updated to the new FW (only the Phantom). All you need to do is update the remote controller and then the red/green LED will be normal again after connecting normally.

Rich
2017-6-11
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

sutadi Posted at 2017-6-11 06:49
Hi RichJ53

sutadi,

Okay, I understand now, you have the P4P Plus version.... got it.  Can you pull out the battery and try to do a hard reset of the Crystal Sky monitor? Maybe the have a button pushing procedure to do a hard reset?

Best of luck with this situation, I have not had a chance to use this set up and I certainly hope the LED screen did not quite working and is only the software glitch!

Rich
2017-6-11
Use props
JePe
lvl.1
Netherlands

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-6-11 08:23
Your remote has not been updated to the new FW (only the Phantom). All you need to do is update the remote controller and then the red/green LED will be normal again after connecting normally.

Rich

yep I know... found that out myself   ... Kinda weird that that 'new firmware of transmitter' didn't 'popup' after this.... there was no new message saying 'hey, you need to update your transmitter firmware' or... any message saying the firmware of the transmitter isn't compatible with the drones firmware...

Would have been easy to mention don't you think? Now they only had a very strange line, 'you have to restart your drone, but only after you restarted your transmitter with the right firmware'... which to me is a bit strange to read...  I did read this and I did restart the transmitter, but... nothing new pop'd up telling me to update the transmitter firmware, so I also restarted the drone (as stated)....

Lesson for DJI, make a 'to do' list, ... here .. it would have been simple:
- update the firmware of your transmitter FIRST
- then update the firmware of your drone

but what happens is, ... you get a message saying the firmware of your drone has to be updated! Confusing... and.. I'm not the only one who didn't got the hint of DJI..  

2017-6-11
Use props
sbernard
lvl.1
Flight distance : 37562 ft
France

sbernard Posted at 2017-6-10 06:45
Hi,
I upgraded my P4P+ by using wifi and after SD card, but the same probleme. I have only china map. i lost my maps before, and impossible to download an another map.
DJI can give a fix of this problem ? And dji can respond to user messages following the update. I find dji very absent right now.

problem solved : just factory reset the rc setting
2017-6-11
Use props
Mobilcams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2907674 ft
United States

It works on mine - sorry you're having issues..
2017-6-11
Use props
fans48525b49
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

BKKSingles Posted at 2017-6-11 04:54

I got the same issue. Downgrading the firmware fixes the issue. But somehow i decided to upgrade the firmware again after gimbal calibration with old firmware. But this time the problem became worse again. Somehow it seemed the gimbal motor got damaged. So I sent in my Phantom 4 pro for repair yesterday.
2017-6-11
Use props
fans48525b49
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

picky Posted at 2017-6-11 06:06
Yes I had the same issue as you plus the gimbal gets very hot indeed. I went pack to the previous firmware version and the gimbal is quiet and no vibration

same issue here. my phantom is off to DJI for gimbal repairs.
2017-6-11
Use props
Mobilcams
lvl.4
United States

You shouldn't trust ANY electronics with a new firmware update before any use.. It should ALWAYS be tested out before you go into the field .. So I don't blame DJI for YOUR mistake - they own the bad firmware yes, but it was YOUR decision to update to a new firmware version without testing it out before your gig. That's like getting a new operating system on your computer and hoping all your old programs are compatible - nothing is guaranteed.  

I am not trying to be mean but don't blame DJI when YOU could have prevented it by being more aware of the situation. It asks all of us if we would like to update the firmware - it gives us the option not to update, and there was even a message saying that in GO..  I bet the next time they have a firmware update you will be more cautious - especially if you have filming that needs to be done..

In the end it is the PIC who is responsible for everything. Even the AC going crazy and out of control.

2017-6-11
Use props
Montymelon
Banned

United States

2017-6-11
Use props
Flytcam_Shaun
lvl.2
United States

I updated the aircraft through the PC and the remote through the App.  I guess I got lucky, for once I have not had any issues.  I flew the bird yesterday and I am quite pleased with the results so far.  They fixed the gimbal horizon drift issue pretty well.  Before it was damn near unusable for any high speed side trucking movements.  Now the horizon is locked on.  In sport mode I went full stick in to the wind and it stayed level!     Before it would roll against the wind if it was not much more then 15mph of airspeed.  And it would roll like up to 15 degrees at full speeds making any side movements useless.  I imagine they upped the gains on that motor as it acted like it had no counter torque.  I figured it was power issue not a calibration issue based on my experience with Alexmos gimbals.  Before this update I did all the suggested stuff and it did not work, recal the IMU, recal the gimbal with the aircraft with the nose up and nothing worked.

At least for now I am pleased with the results.  The app on my ipad4 seems stable.   I tested it 3 miles south of a class C airport, yes with tower coordination for anyone who asks.   I had no lockout issue or any weird stuff.  Took it to 400 feet with no problem.   The only left to test is if it still works with Pix4d Capture and DJIGS.
2017-6-11
Use props
taurus35
lvl.4
Flight distance : 136417 ft
United Kingdom

fans83f96f81 Posted at 2017-6-11 05:23
that was peak focus threshold:normal

That's what I meant but couldn't remember the name. It can still be turned on or off & must of been turned on after firmware update.
2017-6-11
Use props
Maxthor
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2333727 ft
Germany

@BKKSingles and others, i have the same problem with the scratching/buzzing sound coming from the gimbal after firmware upgrade.
Gimbal calibration stays stuck at 50%. Just downgraded the firmware and sound stopped, gimbal calibration works also.
So most definitely firmware related. I am trying upgrading the firmware again through the assistant see if that replicates the problems.

2017-6-11
Use props
Maxthor
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2333727 ft
Germany

Maxthor Posted at 2017-6-11 15:12
@BKKSingles and others, i have the same problem with the scratching/buzzing sound coming from the gimbal after firmware upgrade.
Gimbal calibration stays stuck at 50%. Just downgraded the firmware and sound stopped, gimbal calibration works also.
So most definitely firmware related. I am trying upgrading the firmware again through the assistant see if that replicates the problems.

Video Link of problems

So an Update, i forgot to mention that my update got stuck at 99% the first time.

Downgraded via assistant 2 problems gone.
Upgraded the firmware again via assistant 2 and so far no buzzing/scratching shaking gimbal.

Have to make a test flight still but..i will keep and eye on this, guess i'm not send my bird in tomorrow after all.
2017-6-11
Use props
Montymelon
Banned

United States

2017-6-11
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Maxthor Posted at 2017-6-11 15:24
Video Link of problems

So an Update, i forgot to mention that my update got stuck at 99% the first time.

Hi my first P4P out of the box did this. It seemed to have one of the gimbal motors over driving the center position causing the buzzing sound. If you move the P4 around you can get it to stop, but this is not normal. I returned my first P4P and got a new one that was not doing this. So, my P4P has been updated and the gimbal motor is normal sounding.

Sorry you are having trouble. Please make sure your ribbon cable is not interfering with the camera movement... that's the only tip that I know.

Rich
2017-6-11
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

JePe Posted at 2017-6-11 08:37
yep I know... found that out myself   ... Kinda weird that that 'new firmware of transmitter' didn't 'popup' after this.... there was no new message saying 'hey, you need to update your transmitter firmware' or... any message saying the firmware of the transmitter isn't compatible with the drones firmware...

Would have been easy to mention don't you think? Now they only had a very strange line, 'you have to restart your drone, but only after you restarted your transmitter with the right firmware'... which to me is a bit strange to read...  I did read this and I did restart the transmitter, but... nothing new pop'd up telling me to update the transmitter firmware, so I also restarted the drone (as stated)....

jepe
I am glad you got it going and yes, everytime we do the FW update DJI can give us some general information in the instructions that are not super clear. But they do say to update the remote first and then the drone somewhere in the info.

considering the amount of tech in these drones, DJI does a pretty good job over all.

Rich
2017-6-11
Use props
brunocardoso
lvl.2
Flight distance : 465827 ft
Brazil

Anthony Link Me Posted at 2017-6-8 10:08
just china map on my phantom 4 pro+ with the new update ...

Reset to default factory settings and your map will be there again. It happens here too
2017-6-11
Use props
brunocardoso
lvl.2
Brazil

Whiskey9 Posted at 2017-6-9 21:25
Updated as instructed my Phantom P4P but now get no maps error message init. map error

Reset to default factory settings and the message will disappear and your maps will be restored too
2017-6-11
Use props
brunocardoso
lvl.2
Brazil

sbernard Posted at 2017-6-10 06:45
Hi,
I upgraded my P4P+ by using wifi and after SD card, but the same probleme. I have only china map. i lost my maps before, and impossible to download an another map.
DJI can give a fix of this problem ? And dji can respond to user messages following the update. I find dji very absent right now.

The same here... reset to factory defaults and all maps will be shown again
2017-6-11
Use props
Mobilcams
lvl.4
United States

Nil73 Posted at 2017-6-11 16:42
You sound like a shill for DJI.. Please keep your opinions to yourself, I reallydon't need a lesson from you, Ive downgraded back to the old firmware. If more people complained, rather than just say well it's user error or "PIC", maybe DJI would pull there finger out of their ass and release firmware that actually works.

I'm not here to keep my opinions to myself.. I'm glad you sorted it out and your Phantom isn't useless to you after all.
2017-6-11
Use props
Kjarahz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 470787 ft
United States

My app keeps telling me I need to login to my account eventually to remove the restrictions due to the new update etc. I've upgraded, sync'd flight logs it's all good to go but I don't know if that prompt means I need to do something else to remove the 50m flight restriction. Does anyone know why that still keeps popping up?
2017-6-11
Use props
sutadi
lvl.1
Indonesia

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-6-11 08:31
sutadi,

Okay, I understand now, you have the P4P Plus version.... got it.  Can you pull out the battery and try to do a hard reset of the Crystal Sky monitor? Maybe the have a button pushing procedure to do a hard reset?

Hi Richj53

Thanks for your response, my remote controler was able to get into the android system and the android menus appear, so I can start the firmware upgrade that failed yesterday.

Best regards
Sutadi
2017-6-11
Use props
sutadi
lvl.1
Indonesia

Hi Richj53

Thanks for your response, my remote controler was able to get into the android system and the android menus appear, so I can start the firmware upgrade that failed yesterday.

Best regards
Sutadi
2017-6-11
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

sutadi Posted at 2017-6-11 20:10
Hi Richj53

sutadi  

AWESOME NEWS  

Take it slow and steady and let us know upon your success..
All the best
Rich
2017-6-11
Use props
Mobilcams
lvl.4
United States

Kjarahz Posted at 2017-6-11 19:05
My app keeps telling me I need to login to my account eventually to remove the restrictions due to the new update etc. I've upgraded, sync'd flight logs it's all good to go but I don't know if that prompt means I need to do something else to remove the 50m flight restriction. Does anyone know why that still keeps popping up?

Maybe click on the me icon, and then the cog wheel in the upper left hand corner and sign out then back in? It's worth a shot. (I am using an iPhone so if you are using an android it may be different)..  Hope this works!
2017-6-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules