New Firmware for Phantom 4 Pro Has Been Released. (V 01.04.0602)
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mobilcams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2907674 ft
United States

Kjarahz Posted at 2017-6-11 19:05
My app keeps telling me I need to login to my account eventually to remove the restrictions due to the new update etc. I've upgraded, sync'd flight logs it's all good to go but I don't know if that prompt means I need to do something else to remove the 50m flight restriction. Does anyone know why that still keeps popping up?

Maybe click on the me icon, and then the cog wheel in the upper left hand corner and sign out then back in? It's worth a shot. (I am using an iPhone so if you are using an android it may be different)..  Hope this works!
2017-6-12
Use props
Fontinalis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 975367 ft
United States

Fontinalis Posted at 2017-6-9 08:53
No problems here, either. OTA update of RC FW  and NFZs  via iPad. AC via DJ Assistant 2. Update worked perfectly, never lost contact with camera, even before updating the RC. Checked NFZs on map and no new impacts to where I fly.

Yesterday was first flight with the new firmware.  I flew for about 20 minutes, nothing out of the ordinary. Took 25 photos and none saved to the iPad. This is the only difference I've noticed so far.
2017-6-12
Use props
Kjarahz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 470787 ft
United States

Mobilcams Posted at 2017-6-12 02:17
Maybe click on the me icon, and then the cog wheel in the upper left hand corner and sign out then back in? It's worth a shot. (I am using an iPhone so if you are using an android it may be different)..  Hope this works!

I did this but it didn't seem to remove the message. I just flew about 1,000 feet away and everything seemed okay though. Maybe it will stop now, just trying to get it in order for a shoot this afternoon. Hopefully it's good to go.
2017-6-12
Use props
dodie
New
Flight distance : 12188 ft

Philippines

Eaglewood Films Posted at 2017-6-8 01:06
Updated both Phantom 4 Pro+ and the controller and now there's no connection between the RC and the drone. Restarted everything and no luck. This is a major flaw obviously that makes the drone unusable. Please fix this ASAP!

have you tried manually re linking rc and ac?
2017-6-12
Use props
dodie
New

Philippines

fansc36a7331 Posted at 2017-6-8 01:48
Is this update OK to use? really scared to update as all I see is reports of issues and a friend just crashed his P4P today after updating

I suggest hold on to current update. 1.04.0602
had NO SIGNAL status , no camera, no stick functions. remote and ac are both on green LED.
2017-6-12
Use props
dodie
New

Philippines

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-6-8 14:52
Yep, worked OK for me using same process also. Had to force a re-linking of craft and RC a couple of times after rebooting each, but eventually OK.

I'm amazed that so many people here are complaining about lost video link. Don't people ever read the Release Notes first? It says:

Yes we did that. still no signal.
2017-6-12
Use props
CP3PO
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10 ft
United States

I did my updates this weekend on both the RC and the P4P It didn't ask me to sign in and I have experienced not flight restrictions or issues at all
2017-6-12
Use props
sutadi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 416804 ft
Indonesia

Hi Rich

My remote controller has now updated the latest firmware from DJI.com, and all the remote controller and RC P4P Pro functions are running as normal as I expected. Thanks again for your help

Best Regards
Sutadi
2017-6-12
Use props
fansa16907d0
New
Flight distance : 37156 ft
Iceland

i update yesterday my drone after i received announcement to do it.Everything was ok,succes installed but now my camera us not working and is  flickering green red with bad quality !What´s going on DJI?I always made your firmware updates,always was successful but now appear this issue!Shame
2017-6-12
Use props
RonHarper
lvl.2

United States

I would add another part of the problem:
I don't believe there is any accountability at DJI- in most places, such a disastrous release with new problems would force a reckoning for the project manager who authorized this to be released without enough (any) QA. At DJI, it just seems like their way of doing business. So it repeats.

Welcome  to bad live feed and no smart RTH toggle!
2017-6-12
Use props
Xavier1984
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1634843 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Hi,
Trying to update my P4P. With DJI Assistant : firstly why i see both firmwares with the same number of version ?! I

I choose the top one, update my both batteries OK
I connect to the RC, no video link, i resync, sync and green LED is OK.
I turn off all devices and start again.
DJI Go 4 [Android] inform my that i have a new update what ??? Why I'm OK in DJI Assistant and not ok in DJI Go 4 app (i have checked in about, and all the firmware version are OK).

Any informations about it, someboday have the same issue ?

Thanks, Xavier
2017-6-12
Use props
Mobilcams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2907674 ft
United States

fansa16907d0 Posted at 2017-6-12 10:25
i update yesterday my drone after i received announcement to do it.Everything was ok,succes installed but now my camera us not working and is  flickering green red with bad quality !What´s going on DJI?I always made your firmware updates,always was successful but now appear this issue!Shame

You need to kill the DJI Go app running on your table/phone, turn off the controller and Phantom.. Open the app back up and turn on the controller, do NOT go into the FLY NOW screen, stay on the first screen. It will advise you to update your controller firmware.. Update your controller firmware and start everything over again including the Phantom.. That fixed mine..
2017-6-12
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

dodie Posted at 2017-6-12 06:32
Yes we did that. still no signal.

And you've upgraded Both the firmware on your RC And the P4P?
If the link LED on your RC is flickering red/green and you've updated the P4P, then I believe that's telling you the RC still requires it's update. With the tablet/phone connected to your RC and DJI GO started, does any message appear on the initial home screen?
If both are updated, reboot both, and on the RC press C1+C2+Record (button on left corner as you're holding the RC). When it makes a D-D-D-D sound, use a paperclip (or whatever) to push in the link button on the P4P. That should do it - if not, then one of the firmware updates hasn't been completed.
2017-6-12
Use props
sutadi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 416804 ft
Indonesia

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-6-11 21:23
sutadi  

AWESOME NEWS  

Hi Rich

My remote controller has now updated the latest firmware from DJI.com, and all the remote controller and RC P4P Pro functions are running as normal as I expected.

Thanks again for your help
2017-6-12
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

The remote LED flash red / green when it is not updated and the drone is.....  the remote needs to be updated with the new FW and you will be okay. Leave the Phantom turned off and connect the remote to the Go 4 App and follow the update instructions

Restart everything and you will be okay
Rich
2017-6-12
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

sutadi Posted at 2017-6-12 18:32
Hi Rich

My remote controller has now updated the latest firmware from DJI.com, and all the remote controller and RC P4P Pro functions are running as normal as I expected.

Totally awesome!

Great news and happy flying

Rich
2017-6-12
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

RonHarper Posted at 2017-6-12 10:59
I would add another part of the problem:
I don't believe there is any accountability at DJI- in most places, such a disastrous release with new problems would force a reckoning for the project manager who authorized this to be released without enough (any) QA. At DJI, it just seems like their way of doing business. So it repeats.

Yup you are correct the smart RTH toggle vanished from the App. They will fix this on the next Go App release

Hang in there
Rich
2017-6-12
Use props
RonHarper
lvl.2

United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-6-12 20:59
Yup you are correct the smart RTH toggle vanished from the App. They will fix this on the next Go App release

Hang in there

Any evidence that they will fix this? 2 DJI employees now say it was intentional.
2017-6-12
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

RonHarper Posted at 2017-6-12 20:59
Any evidence that they will fix this? 2 DJI employees now say it was intentional.

I do not believe they did this on purpose. DJI BladeStrike said he was passing the information along to get this fixed....  but then Thor said it was removed : ??   Not sure why they would want to take this away, a lot of folks use this feature

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=99426

Rich
2017-6-12
Use props
RonHarper
lvl.2

United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-6-12 21:13
I do not believe they did this on purpose. DJI BladeStrike said he was passing the information along to get this fixed....  but then Thor said it was removed : ??   Not sure why they would want to take this away, a lot of folks use this feature

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=99426

Actually Blade Strike said it was intentional and he was trying to get them to understand why they shouldn't have done it. They didn't take it away- they permanently turned it on and now you can't toggle it off.
2017-6-12
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

RonHarper Posted at 2017-6-12 21:15
Actually Blade Strike said it was intentional and he was trying to get them to understand why they shouldn't have done it. They didn't take it away- they permanently turned it on and now you can't toggle it off.

Yah, I have been re-reading everything again. This is a huge mistake on their part. I really hope the put it back into the App and let the pilot make the choice

Sad to see some of these changes and I am afraid they will roll out some more once the Spark hits all of the newbie's hands
Rich
2017-6-12
Use props
taurus35
lvl.4
Flight distance : 136417 ft
United Kingdom

I notice once again that DJI Support are conspicuous by their absence on all threads relating to the latest firmware issues. I haven't seen a single comment from DJI mods on any of the hundreds of posts from customers with issues.
2017-6-12
Use props
fans79f02d44
lvl.1
Flight distance : 79911 ft
Czechia

To DJI: Next problem with the new firmware!
When I change Settings/Camera setting/my "personal" setting the gimbal is rotated to right side !!!
So camcorder is NOT in the same direction like drone!!!
What is it???

Phantom 4 Pro, Android app
2017-6-12
Use props
fansa4aab261
lvl.1

Portugal

JePe Posted at 2017-6-11 03:16
transmitter flashes green/red, I get a very blocky transmission signal ...and relinking doesn't work ...

says it's linked, but it crap....

have you updated the remote to version 1.4.1.0 ? If not, you will be having those issues !
2017-6-13
Use props
fansa4aab261
lvl.1

Portugal

You must update your remote firmware also to version 1.4.1.0
Mine was on 1.4.0.0 and I was having the same issues, updated and everything was ok.
2017-6-13
Use props
fansa4aab261
lvl.1

Portugal

Xavier1984 Posted at 2017-6-12 12:08
Hi,
Trying to update my P4P. With DJI Assistant : firstly why i see both firmwares with the same number of version ?! I

You are receiving information that there is a firmware update for the remote ! Check your remote firmware version. You must update to v.1.4.1.0
Dji Assistant informs of update to the phantom itself, not for the remote
2017-6-13
Use props
fansbf0f7bb2
New
Flight distance : 4423 ft
Costa Rica

I am surveyor and used the P4 Pro to make survey works. I use PIX4Dcapture to send a flying project to the P4 Pro. If I update the Firmware of the P4 Pro to the Aircraft Firmware : V 01.04.0602, Were will be some problems to work with the third party software, when i will send a flying proyect to the aircrafth?.  I need make something after the update to connect the third party software?.
2017-6-13
Use props
remembertosmile
lvl.2
Flight distance : 118698 ft
United Kingdom

Anthony Link Me Posted at 2017-6-8 10:08
just china map on my phantom 4 pro+ with the new update ...

same problem here 2
2017-6-13
Use props
Datanode
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7497 ft
Netherlands

I just updated to the latest firmware, including my 4 batteries. While updating on the batteries I noticed that the gimbal started whirring after the update
2017-6-13
Use props
Datanode
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7497 ft
Netherlands

Datanode Posted at 2017-6-13 10:04
I just updated to the latest firmware, including my 4 batteries. While updating on the batteries I noticed that the gimbal started whirring after the update

startup
link1

after calibration
link2

also gimbal was gettting hot
2017-6-13
Use props
Xavier1984
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1634843 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

fansa4aab261 Posted at 2017-6-13 02:47
You are receiving information that there is a firmware update for the remote ! Check your remote firmware version. You must update to v.1.4.1.0
Dji Assistant informs of update to the phantom itself, not for the remote

Hi, below the screenshot of all firmware version. I don't understand why i have this popup :/
Screenshot_20170613-201139.png
2017-6-13
Use props
andrewkhoo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 184669 ft
Malaysia

Anthony Link Me Posted at 2017-6-8 10:08
just china map on my phantom 4 pro+ with the new update ...

I have the same problem too.

remote controller model : GL300E
2017-6-13
Use props
fansca3cb4cc
lvl.1
Flight distance : 85269 ft
United States

My last flight attempt was dismal.  I was 1.7 miles from an airport in Class D airspace, but I contacted the control tower and got permission to fly my drone.  The drone would not lift off and I spent an hour trying to shoot this site.  Got four 10-minute videos of my helipad and went through a battery and a half dinking around while my client watched.  Not the most professional display of competence I have had.  I also went onto DJI’s app, which has been recently updated with restrictions for airspace but it did not allow flights in Class D Airspace in any situation, even with control tower permission.  I attempted to override the warning and was sent a text message with a code, which I typed into the iPad, but was denied three times.  Any workaround for this?
2017-6-14
Use props
fans245eb290
New
United States

fansd6ff7a64 Posted at 2017-6-8 08:00
Update stuck at 99% for well over half an hour now. Got a message to unplug cable and re-plug it in to update status, but to no avail. How long should this take? What should I do if it doesn't go to completion?

Me too.
I'm reluctant to halt the update though.
2017-6-14
Use props
fans07c4949f
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1484393 ft
United States

Datanode Posted at 2017-6-13 10:12
startup
link1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeBAq3nudRU

I have the same issues since I updated my P4P.  The aircraft is noisy now (whirring sound), and the gimble is pretty warm.  I DO believe my range is not as good anymore as well.  I have care refresh but I am not feeling comfortable going up knowing that something in the new firmware update isn't quite right.  I have only had my bird for 3 weeks now.  C'mon man...
2017-6-14
Use props
clicknflash
New
Flight distance : 51555 ft
Switzerland

Update the RC of the Phantom Pro to the latest firmware and the map leaves empy, it seams that all European except some Chinese maps are gone. Please fix it asap!
2017-6-15
Use props
Snowwolfwarrior
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1064780 ft
United Kingdom

Done all the updates as soon as they came out, had the usual crap like re linking and getting stuck at 99% etct, that was a week ago, yesterday was my first flight, I used 5 batteries of flight with no issues other than the wind warnings, also I tried the tripod mode but it gave me a warning saying I was near a no fly zone and the drone may just stop moving, I decided to exit the tripod mode, I flew to 120m high and 700m distance with no problems of loss of signal, I used 2.4
2017-6-15
Use props
Whiskey9
lvl.1
Flight distance : 296883 ft
Australia

Updated my P4P to latest firmware when I record video the controller goes black then comes back on and then goes off and on until I restart drone (to stop recording video). Did factory reset on drone and controller and everything works good until I download latest firmware then screen goes black reboots controller when recording video. Taking pictures doesn't seem to create a problem,  Am back on older firmware and everything working OK what do I have to do to fix this problem?
2017-6-15
Use props
Sixfive
New

United States

Can anyone tell me how to connect the RC to the drone after the latest update? The controller says new firmware update needed but when I plug into the drone it says no update need. No the connection light won't stop blinking
2017-6-16
Use props
CiscoNerd
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1484393 ft
United States

Whiskey9 Posted at 2017-6-15 19:52
Updated my P4P to latest firmware when I record video the controller goes black then comes back on and then goes off and on until I restart drone (to stop recording video). Did factory reset on drone and controller and everything works good until I download latest firmware then screen goes black reboots controller when recording video. Taking pictures doesn't seem to create a problem,  Am back on older firmware and everything working OK what do I have to do to fix this problem?

Update:  After installation o=f the new Firmware; My bird is still noisier than normal but I have had zero problems in flight.  I went out to the desert and flew 11,400ft distance on 5.8ghz with a solid full-bar signal.  I could have kept going but 11,000 is a lot further than I would normally fly.  I'm happy again.
2017-6-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules