New Firmware for Phantom 4 Pro Has Been Released. (V 01.04.0602)
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CiscoNerd
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1484393 ft
United States

Sixfive Posted at 2017-6-16 14:54
Can anyone tell me how to connect the RC to the drone after the latest update? The controller says new firmware update needed but when I plug into the drone it says no update need. No the connection light won't stop blinking

Hey, the Transmitter must be upgraded as well or it will not connect.  Review earlier posts in this forum.
2017-6-16
Use props
Gerrit van S
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1227831 ft
Netherlands

If there is still Some interference diring flight (Phantom 4-plus) then check If WIFI is turend of after the latest update. Work fine for me.
2017-6-19
Use props
fansecb08406
New
Australia

Did update now my screen is locked with phone link verification..... asking for mainland china telephone number. Tried to enter my number with area code from China.. no good
2017-6-19
Use props
telas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 583140 ft
Greece

Tried to update, had the classic problem which the RC didn't update and was showing green static and connected / disconnected warnings, finally a message to update the RC came up after I did the RC  F/W update and everything seemed back to normal.

Today I took it for a test flight, it flies well but I found out that the video downlink was really unstable in comparison with the previous firmware (I flew in the middle of nowhere so no interference) and I had video stutter in my preview before I even take off.

Any fixes, suggestions, info for bad downlink I'm all ears.
2017-6-21
Use props
fans18700792
New
United States

I had multiple issues after this update. I had to recalibrate the vision system which took hours to figure out because the calibration would not work on one of my PC's, so I had to install the assistant 2 on another PC to finally get that taken care of. After that, lost video transmission between the camera and the built in Radio screen (I have a P4 Pro). After hours of troubleshooting that issue I finally rolled back the update and got my video feed back. From what I am reading, this is not an isolated issue. I updated the firmware twice to make sure the issue is connected to the firmware update. Each time, I lost connection. The gimple still worked, but there was no image from the camera.
2017-6-21
Use props
fans18700792
New
United States

Eaglewood Films Posted at 2017-6-8 02:14
Got my signal back by manually relinking the RC and the drone. Thought I'd share if others come across the same problem.

I did that a few times. Didn't work for me. I had to roll back the firmware.
2017-6-21
Use props
telas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 583140 ft
Greece

fans18700792 Posted at 2017-6-21 09:56
I had multiple issues after this update. I had to recalibrate the vision system which took hours to figure out because the calibration would not work on one of my PC's, so I had to install the assistant 2 on another PC to finally get that taken care of. After that, lost video transmission between the camera and the built in Radio screen (I have a P4 Pro). After hours of troubleshooting that issue I finally rolled back the update and got my video feed back. From what I am reading, this is not an isolated issue. I updated the firmware twice to make sure the issue is connected to the firmware update. Each time, I lost connection. The gimple still worked, but there was no image from the camera.

Had the same problem with me p4p (standard) It didn't update the remote controller and I had bad signal / disconnected in go.app, but as I was chatting with dji support about five mins a message came up saying that I have inconsistent firmware between devices and that I should update the Remote Controller. I did that and everything went back to normal, except that now the signal is not as good as it was with the previous firmware.

I'd suggest that you wait a couple of minutes with your wifi connected to the internet and the app will check for versions and give you the notification to update your rc.
2017-6-21
Use props
fans42c1f4d0
New

Ukraine

After update to latest firmware.
No video in djigo4.
RC blinking red&green.
Reconnect RC to P4P doesn't help.
Any fix for now?
2017-6-21
Use props
Robert_Predosa
New
United States

FamilyFrames Posted at 2017-6-8 00:50
after updating of the panel on phantom 4 pro + at inclusion writes that the library of the downloaded cards is lost how to restore it?
after updating of a kopter and the panel there is no communication and and the black screen on phantom 4pro +

I am having this very same problem. No amount of restarting, re-linking or resetting to factory defaults has changed this problem.

Screen on Startup indicates nothing (green bar and "Connected")

Click on "Go Fly" and...

No video link to the screen P4P+ screen. "No Signal" and red bar on top left of flight screen. Indicator light on RC is sporadically blinking red and green.

Red blinking light on aircraft indicating IMU error as well.

2017-6-21
Use props
fansc89771bb
New
United States

My P4P feed in my iPhone 6 Plus has been working great for weeks. Now the "live" feed on my phone, while flying, is choppy. It's not choppy on the videos I record. I am still witnhin my time to return. please help. Any known issues?
2017-6-22
Use props
fansa8dc1b7e
lvl.2
Flight distance : 112986 ft
Australia

Just carried out latest update and all is well.
2017-6-22
Use props
vfrailing
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2564442 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans18700792 Posted at 2017-6-21 09:57
I did that a few times. Didn't work for me. I had to roll back the firmware.

I need to do it as well.  Any issues with rolling back?  Do you do this with the controller as well?
2017-6-26
Use props
vfrailing
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2564442 ft
  • >>>
United States

vfrailing Posted at 2017-6-26 04:21
I need to do it as well.  Any issues with rolling back?  Do you do this with the controller as well?

Just did the rollback, no issues, took about 15 minutes.  Now, everything seems smoother on initial flight.
Can DJI inform us as to when they fix the update?
2017-6-26
Use props
rma fly-boy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 733402 ft
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-6-12 21:13
I do not believe they did this on purpose. DJI BladeStrike said he was passing the information along to get this fixed....  but then Thor said it was removed : ??   Not sure why they would want to take this away, a lot of folks use this feature

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=99426

I lost contact with the aircraft while flying today.  Although this option isn't available, smart RTH worked on its own.  Perhaps it is no longer optional.
2017-6-26
Use props
rma fly-boy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 733402 ft
United States

fansa4aab261 Posted at 2017-6-13 02:42
You must update your remote firmware also to version 1.4.1.0
Mine was on 1.4.0.0 and I was having the same issues, updated and everything was ok.

How do I check the firmware version I have installed?
2017-6-26
Use props
Nelsonlee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2779203 ft
  • >>>
Malaysia

After updated this latest firmware V01.04.0602 with Phantom 4 Pro+ Remote Controller Firmware v01.02.00.00 and tested very unstable!
I try downgrade back to V01.03.0509 and now my P4P Plus showing AIRCRAFT LOCKED!! CANNOT TAKE OFF!!!
As your mentioned before, if this latest firmware unlike then can downgrade back to previous firmware version!But i did it and now stuck!

Screenshot_2017-06-27-14-37-47.png Screenshot_2017-06-27-14-38-12.png Screenshot_2017-06-27-14-38-25.png

2017-6-26
Use props
Photogblake
New

United States

We have been having issues with poor video transmission for well over a week now. Come to find out if we lower the data rate send back, it clears up the video. The option is found in the 2.4/5.8 channel area once you switch to manual from auto. I hope that helps
2017-6-27
Use props
DCatalo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3225748 ft
  • >>>
United States

Englewood, I hope you fixed your problem, but in case... I had same problem and I had to relinquish controller to get all controls working. Also have to turn off WiFi or I have loss of signal message. I tried using 5.8 but it seems like I get less messages about remote signal if I stay on 2.4
2017-6-27
Use props
ClearBluePhoto
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4498074 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Anyone have a copy of the last controller .bin file?  After the previous update I have lost the button to remove the data overlay from the HDMI output.  I have a contract next week were I will be providing a live camera stream for a show that will have over a million visitors (not including television viewers) and I cant do it with the data showing on the screen.  DJI's help line has been zero help and don't seem to care.  Dji assistant doesn't recognize the controller and the ability to downgrade the controller in the software (via the top hat) is not working.  This glitch will negate months of work and result in significant income loss so I'm a bit panicked.  If anyone has the previous controller .bin files that I can use to manually downgrade the controller it would be much appreciated.  
2017-6-28
Use props
Nelsonlee
lvl.4
  • >>>
Malaysia

ClearBluePhoto Posted at 2017-6-28 08:58
Anyone have a copy of the last controller .bin file?  After the previous update I have lost the button to remove the data overlay from the HDMI output.  I have a contract next week were I will be providing a live camera stream for a show that will have over a million visitors (not including television viewers) and I cant do it with the data showing on the screen.  DJI's help line has been zero help and don't seem to care.  Dji assistant doesn't recognize the controller and the ability to downgrade the controller in the software (via the top hat) is not working.  This glitch will negate months of work and result in significant income loss so I'm a bit panicked.  If anyone has the previous controller .bin files that I can use to manually downgrade the controller it would be much appreciated.

Later I will upload it and give you the link.
2017-6-28
Use props
Nelsonlee
lvl.4
  • >>>
Malaysia

ClearBluePhoto Posted at 2017-6-28 08:58

Phantom 4 Pro Plus RC firmware version:

GL300E_RC_v1.01.01.01

GL300E_RC_v1.01.30

GL300E_RC_v1.01.50

GL300E_RC v1.02.00.00
2017-6-28
Use props
ClearBluePhoto
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4498074 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Nelsonlee Posted at 2017-6-28 16:01
Phantom 4 Pro Plus RC firmware version:

GL300E_RC_v1.01.01.01

Thanks!! you've been more helpful than the last 6 DJI support staff I have dealt with.  Very much appreciated.  Unfortunately it looks like it's the DJI Go App. I downgraded and reset drone and controller and still not there.  I don't think there is any way to downgrade DJI go on the + version.   So disappointing.

2017-6-28
Use props
Nelsonlee
lvl.4
  • >>>
Malaysia

ClearBluePhoto Posted at 2017-6-28 18:13
Thanks!! you've been more helpful than the last 6 DJI support staff I have dealt with.  Very much appreciated.  Unfortunately it looks like it's the DJI Go App. I downgraded and reset drone and controller and still not there.  I don't think there is any way to downgrade DJI go on the + version.   So disappointing.

If you saw my post at 175# then you will know, after i updated to v01.04.0602 feel uncomfortable flying then i downgrade back to previous firmware. After done i have do factory reset all on aircraft and RC and after power on the DJI Go 4 app show my aircraft is LOCKED and must do upgrade to the latest v01.04.0602 firmware then only can take off my aircraft.

But during update on DJI Assistant 2 it mentioned if you not happy with this new firmware then can downgrade back to previous version! I think this is bad word message they bring up to us.
2017-6-28
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

fans42c1f4d0 Posted at 2017-6-21 10:48
After update to latest firmware.
No video in djigo4.
RC blinking red&green.

The RC blinking red and green is telling you that it needs an update as it's out-of-sync with the P4P firmware, so if you think you've done that already I'd suggest you refresh the RC firmware.
2017-6-28
Use props
Nelsonlee
lvl.4
  • >>>
Malaysia

Why All the previous Phantom 4 Pro Plus firmware has removed from the DJI Assistant 2?
Now only displayed v01.04.0602!!!
Can your support team put it back!
We need downgrade back to early version firmware!
2017-6-29
Use props
fans69a1db85
lvl.1
Canada

Mobilcams Posted at 2017-6-8 04:48
You should have held off on doing an update until everyone else tested it out and you were done filming.. Don't blame DJI - be aware of issues that can happen when you update firmware, especially if what you were filming was that important.

Don't blame DJI??? Are you kidding?  Who's he supposed to blame, himself for updating firmware that DJI tells him is necessary?  This is TOTALLY DJI's FAULT and not the owner of the product that he paid good money for.
2017-6-29
Use props
Mobilcams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2907674 ft
United States

fans69a1db85 Posted at 2017-6-29 06:57
Don't blame DJI??? Are you kidding?  Who's he supposed to blame, himself for updating firmware that DJI tells him is necessary?  This is TOTALLY DJI's FAULT and not the owner of the product that he paid good money for.

First I have had no issues with the new firmware update.. Second, if you are using a tool for profit - you would never buy anything without a review (I always educate myself on anything before I buy it for quality, dependability, to see if it will work with what I have in mind).  For any equipment I buy, if there is a major update that needs to happen - I CERTAINLY will take the time out to understand the update, and if I have the opportunity to hold off on applying the update I will.  THEY DIDN'T FORCE THIS UPDATE! So I am not kidding anyone.. I am making a true statement of facts.  I waited to update to see what the issues were, and I had no issues at all with this update.  If the update caused issues with his equipment, then he simply needs to roll back to the previous firmware.

The ONLY thing I can't control updates on to a point in my workflow is when Windows 10 decides to download and apply new updates..   

I hope that all this makes sense to you.. If you want control of your product, take control of it.. Disable auto app updates, don't install firmware until you have seen feedback from others.. It's THAT simple!
2017-6-29
Use props
Drone Lady
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4780 ft
Canada

Spent the WHOLE AFTERNOON on the phone with DJI trying to update everything after it getting stuck at 99%.  I still only have part of a connection with my drone, my rc is flashing red and green.  The gimbal moves but there's no camera. It won't relink properly and  I can't return it to factory default AND the dji tech bailed on me!  Great!  Now what do I do??  
2017-6-29
Use props
Nelsonlee
lvl.4
  • >>>
Malaysia

Drone Lady Posted at 2017-6-29 16:37
Spent the WHOLE AFTERNOON on the phone with DJI trying to update everything after it getting stuck at 99%.  I still only have part of a connection with my drone, my rc is flashing red and green.  The gimbal moves but there's no camera. It won't relink properly and  I can't return it to factory default AND the dji tech bailed on me!  Great!  Now what do I do??

You mean on the aircraft or on the RC?
If aircraft when you connect microusb to your aircraft and insert to PC it should be automatic detect your aircraft.
2017-6-29
Use props
Drone Lady
lvl.2
Canada

Nelsonlee Posted at 2017-6-29 16:52
You mean on the aircraft or on the RC?
If aircraft when you connect microusb to your aircraft and insert to PC it should be automatic detect your aircraft.

It is the RC.  The light blinks green/red continuously.  DJI said to connect to Assistant 2 and return to factory default and then link to AC.  But the factory default never finishes.
2017-6-30
Use props
Nelsonlee
lvl.4
  • >>>
Malaysia

Drone Lady Posted at 2017-6-30 08:54
It is the RC.  The light blinks green/red continuously.  DJI said to connect to Assistant 2 and return to factory default and then link to AC.  But the factory default never finishes.

Your is P4 Pro or P4 Pro Plus?
2017-6-30
Use props
Drone Lady
lvl.2
Canada

Nelsonlee Posted at 2017-6-30 09:07
Your is P4 Pro or P4 Pro Plus?

Pro.  And the other frustrating part is I can't leave the RC because it tries to turn off every 5 minutes.
2017-6-30
Use props
Nelsonlee
lvl.4
  • >>>
Malaysia

Drone Lady Posted at 2017-6-30 09:13
Pro.  And the other frustrating part is I can't leave the RC because it tries to turn off every 5 minutes.

Have you try to connect your phone to RC and use the DJI Go 4 app to update/downgrade the RC firmware?
2017-6-30
Use props
Drone Lady
lvl.2
Canada

Is there a physical way to restore the factory default settings to the remote control?   By holding down X, Y, Z buttons?  I restored the P4P to factory then upgraded and it worked this time.  But the remote is still flashing green/red.  It never progresses (on the Assistant 2).  It says "restoring to default..." but never does more than that.  No indication it is doing anything at all.  After having seen the process of restoring with the P4P I see how it should proceed and it's just not happening.
2017-6-30
Use props
Drone Lady
lvl.2
Canada

Success!  I called MultiRotorHeli which is a DJI certified dealer/repair shop in Calgary, Alberta.  Jim told me to restore my P4P to factory default and try the upgrade again.  Success.  Now to the remote.  It wouldn't do anything on the Assistant 2.  So I went to the Go 4 app and upgraded it there.  And it worked this time!  Haven't flown yet tho...  If you don't hear from me, it worked!  I hope this helps some others having the same problems.
2017-6-30
Use props
Drone Lady
lvl.2
Canada

rma fly-boy Posted at 2017-6-26 10:24
How do I check the firmware version I have installed?

You can hook it up to the Assistant 2 on your computer.  It will tell you what version you have and it will tell you if you need to update or not.
2017-6-30
Use props
Nelsonlee
lvl.4
  • >>>
Malaysia

Drone Lady Posted at 2017-6-30 09:51
Is there a physical way to restore the factory default settings to the remote control?   By holding down X, Y, Z buttons?  I restored the P4P to factory then upgraded and it worked this time.  But the remote is still flashing green/red.  It never progresses (on the Assistant 2).  It says "restoring to default..." but never does more than that.  No indication it is doing anything at all.  After having seen the process of restoring with the P4P I see how it should proceed and it's just not happening.

Maybe you can try do this.

1.Connect your mobile android/ios to the RC with usb cable as usual how you do it before.
2.After connected power on the RC then launch the DJI Go 4 app.
3.If the DJI Go 4 app displayed the RC is connected, then just hold upper right corner (3 lines) for about 10sec then it will prompt you to select firmware you need to update/downgrade.
4.Just select the latest firmware version and download to install.

Hope this can solve your problem.
2017-6-30
Use props
Drone Lady
lvl.2
Canada

Nelsonlee Posted at 2017-6-30 09:37
Have you try to connect your phone to RC and use the DJI Go 4 app to update/downgrade the RC firmware?

Yes I did and after restoring my P4P to factory defaults and updating, it finally worked.  The next test is flight!  Will it work or not??
2017-6-30
Use props
Drone Lady
lvl.2
Canada

Nelsonlee Posted at 2017-6-30 10:05
Maybe you can try do this.

1.Connect your mobile android/ios to the RC with usb cable as usual how you do it before.

Thank you Nelsonlee for all your help.  I believe my problems have been fixed.  See post #194.  Thanks again for all your time and help.
2017-6-30
Use props
Drone Lady
lvl.2
Canada

Mobilcams Posted at 2017-6-29 07:58
First I have had no issues with the new firmware update.. Second, if you are using a tool for profit - you would never buy anything without a review (I always educate myself on anything before I buy it for quality, dependability, to see if it will work with what I have in mind).  For any equipment I buy, if there is a major update that needs to happen - I CERTAINLY will take the time out to understand the update, and if I have the opportunity to hold off on applying the update I will.  THEY DIDN'T FORCE THIS UPDATE! So I am not kidding anyone.. I am making a true statement of facts.  I waited to update to see what the issues were, and I had no issues at all with this update.  If the update caused issues with his equipment, then he simply needs to roll back to the previous firmware.

The ONLY thing I can't control updates on to a point in my workflow is when Windows 10 decides to download and apply new updates..   

They didn't force this update?  Not arguing with you, just curious.  My message said if I don't upgrade my drone would only fly up to 30 meters and go 50 meters away from me.  Did I misunderstand the message?
2017-6-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules