15392 131 2017-6-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

Asainz320 Posted at 2017-6-8 16:56
I've updated everything with no issues. Did a quick test flight and everything seems ok. No notable changes. The zoom with the joystick is still broken. I use this feature a lot to focus at night so its a big deal for me, I can still zoom using the screen pinch method. I will run a few more tests tomorrow.

Yes up until this 0.0800 update I used to be able to zoom with the 5D button but now I get a message that there is no zoom in 4k. I can still zoom in 2.7k. Have also found no zoom with photos. Not sure why this has been changed and is a bit disappointing.
2017-6-9
Use props
Tealk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 479613 ft
Romania

have someone a list with all firmwares from the begining till .800 ?
2017-6-9
Use props
trica de
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1062090 ft
  • >>>
Germany

StephenGSY Posted at 2017-6-8 07:14
Thought I’d add I’m also running iOS 11 beta 1. And no issues with DJI GO at the moment.

same here - I did update to x800 with iOS 11 beta 1 ;) no problem at all
2017-6-9
Use props
StephenGSY
lvl.3
Flight distance : 814232 ft
Guernsey

Fly’s perfect with no internet connection. Tried multiple times. Only thing I had problem with is trying to enable fixed wing it wouldn’t stay on the setting. However I think it was my mistake. As I noticed after landing multiple flight modes wasn’t switched on but was before update.
2017-6-10
Use props
PTee
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1046558 ft
Australia

this update failed on me 3 times and on the third time something has happened to one of my batteries, the one that was on the MAVIC as it failed 3 times, now LED 2 and 3 are on and I can't seem to turn it off or charge it, when I stick it on the charger the red light comes on. I put in a new battery for the fourth try at updating and it seemed to work.
2017-6-10
Use props
Don W
lvl.2
Flight distance : 12664 ft
United States

Updated, all good, I got a NFZ update and allot of the yellow zones are gone or smaller, still cannot fly in my area due to proximity of the airport though.

All good here
2017-6-10
Use props
towheaded-pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 35125 ft
  • >>>
United States

Don W Posted at 2017-6-10 17:24
Updated, all good, I got a NFZ update and allot of the yellow zones are gone or smaller, still cannot fly in my area due to proximity of the airport though.

All good here

How far are you from the airport?
2017-6-10
Use props
PHL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1044062 ft
Australia

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-6-9 22:24
Yes up until this 0.0800 update I used to be able to zoom with the 5D button but now I get a message that there is no zoom in 4k. I can still zoom in 2.7k. Have also found no zoom with photos. Not sure why this has been changed and is a bit disappointing.

I've never been able to zoom in 4K since the beginning on 400 firmware. I'm surprised you were able to.
2017-6-10
Use props
PHL
Second Officer
Australia

PTee Posted at 2017-6-10 16:43
this update failed on me 3 times and on the third time something has happened to one of my batteries, the one that was on the MAVIC as it failed 3 times, now LED 2 and 3 are on and I can't seem to turn it off or charge it, when I stick it on the charger the red light comes on. I put in a new battery for the fourth try at updating and it seemed to work.

Seems to do that when it's updating the battery firmware.
Did the same for both of mine, so I just left it to complete, after initially thinking the battery was running low.
Took some time, but used under 25% of the battery to update.
2017-6-10
Use props
D.J.
New
United States

Greetings,

My apologies as I didn't read all posts in this thread.  It's possible I'll discuss items already covered above.

Firstly, I was just prompt to upgrade to this new version.  It took around 10 minutes total.  Once complete, and after restarting the drone/controller as requested, I took my Mavic outside for a flight.  Upon launching the app I was prompt with the "firmware doesn't match" message.  The pop-up gives the option to "slide to upgrade/fix".  After doing that it took roughly another two minutes.

Now finally ready to fly...the Mavic worked just as well as she did before.  I noticed no distance/height restrictions, or any lack of performance of any kind with the new firmware!  This is great news.

I think there's been confusion as folks are under the impression that if they're not logged into their DJI account online, that there will be distance and height restrictions.  This is not the case.  If the user is using the controller only and not the app, there will be flight restrictions.  I believe this is DJIs way of making sure the user is flying safe by being advised when they're in a no fly zone.  If the user is only flying with the controller, there are no advisements therefore could be flying in a restricted area unknowingly.

I hope that makes sense.  Additionally this indicates you can fly where you have no cell coverage and don't have to worry about height/distance restrictions as long as you are using the app to fly.

Good day to all.
2017-6-10
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Australia

PHL Posted at 2017-6-10 19:27
I've never been able to zoom in 4K since the beginning on 400 firmware. I'm surprised you were able to.

I just wish we could get some confirmation from DJI about the zoom so that we know exactly when it is supposed to work.
2017-6-10
Use props
Tealk
lvl.4
Romania

updated today to .800, everything it is ok,
Update: Remote, Aircraft and all Battery
updated from DJI Go4, Samsung Galaxy S5, Android 6.0.1

i will do a flight test afternoon
2017-6-10
Use props
Tealk
lvl.4
Romania

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-6-10 21:43
I just wish we could get some confirmation from DJI about the zoom so that we know exactly when it is supposed to work.

never had a problem with zoom in 4k and no problem with zoom in 4k in .800, tested few minutes ago..
2017-6-10
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Australia

Tealk Posted at 2017-6-10 22:20
never had a problem with zoom in 4k and no problem with zoom in 4k in .800, tested few minutes ago..

Well that is strange. I never had the problem before 0.0800 and I actually get a message that zoom is not supported in 4k. There is obviously a setting somewhere that is causing this.
2017-6-10
Use props
SeaComms
lvl.3
Flight distance : 568222 ft
Australia

I have never had zoom in 4 k, I was under the impression it was not available and was one of the few reasons people were using 2.7k so that they had the zoom.
2017-6-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

SeaComms Posted at 2017-6-11 02:56
I have never had zoom in 4 k, I was under the impression it was not available and was one of the few reasons people were using 2.7k so that they had the zoom.

Although I haven't used it more than a couple of times, your right it never worked in 4K.
2017-6-11
Use props
Don W
lvl.2
United States

towheaded-pilot Posted at 2017-6-10 17:30
How far are you from the airport?

About 2 miles.  Sucks too.  If a plan was to fly over my house it would be crashing
2017-6-11
Use props
towheaded-pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 35125 ft
  • >>>
United States

Don W Posted at 2017-6-11 07:15
About 2 miles.  Sucks too.  If a plan was to fly over my house it would be crashing

That's strange. I thought warning and enhanced zones can be unlocked without a verified account and authorized zones can be unlocked with a verified account. I did a check on my area since I'm about 4 miles from a regional airport and noticed that the warning zones have been extended dramatically and new additional zones that were not there before.  
2017-6-11
Use props
PHL
Second Officer
Australia

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-6-10 21:43

I recall reading in the manual that zoom in 4K was not supported, which is fair enough as that's the max resolution of the sensor.
Are you using Android? I'm wondering if in previous versions zooming in 4K meant the resolution drops (in effect doing a crop).
2017-6-11
Use props
Kylie
New
Germany

Just upgraded to the new firmware. Went relatively smooth but now I can't choose the 4k video setting any more. I'm stuck with 2.7k, 1080p and 720p!? Resetting the camera settings and restarting the app, Mavic and remote didn't do any good. Any advice?
2017-6-11
Use props
SeaComms
lvl.3
Australia

Kylie Posted at 2017-6-11 14:18
Just upgraded to the new firmware. Went relatively smooth but now I can't choose the 4k video setting any more. I'm stuck with 2.7k, 1080p and 720p!? Resetting the camera settings and restarting the app, Mavic and remote didn't do any good. Any advice?

Yes. When upgraded for some reason it defaults the video cache feed to your device to HD. With this setting 4K recording is no longer available. You need to change the down feed back from HD to normal.
2017-6-11
Use props
Kylie
New
Germany

SeaComms Posted at 2017-6-11 14:26
Yes. When upgraded for some reason it defaults the video cache feed to your device to HD. With this setting 4K recording is no longer available. You need to change the down feed back from HD to normal.

You sir are a genius! Thanks a lot! Now I'm back to 4K!
2017-6-11
Use props
ShadyDealer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 983428 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Updated the Mavic just now. Odd really as it still said I needed to update to .700 which I did a fortnight ago. Possibly down to a battery swap perhaps. Any how, no flight possible given he time and windy conditions outside. No update flagged though for my goggles. Restarted all devices several times and still nothing...

2017-6-11
Use props
Ron in Utah
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10902 ft
United States

Well, it has been a VERY windy few days. I decided to go ahead and update the Mavic to the .800 firmware since I am satisfied that the app crashing won't cause a problem with the new flight restrictions. With all this wind, there really hasn't been any good time to fly so I updated instead. At first, I couldn't get the Assistant 2 to connect. after un-installing and re-installing Assistant 2, it finally recognized the remote. Since the Mavic shipped with firmware .400 on the drone and .500 on the remote, I guess it was a good idea to get them all on the same page anyhow. I connected them one at a time, rather than daisy chaining the USB cable.

The remote updated quickly, as did the Mavic. I plugged in the second battery and the software alerted me to a firmware version inconsistency, so I allowed it to update the battery as well, and then it was all done.

Also, I took the time to downgrade my Nexus 6 to Android 6.0.1 to hopefully allow Go 4 app to work without crashing. When the wind calms down I will go give it a try and see if the app crashing problems are fixed.
2017-6-11
Use props
Don W
lvl.2
United States

towheaded-pilot Posted at 2017-6-11 09:21
That's strange. I thought warning and enhanced zones can be unlocked without a verified account and authorized zones can be unlocked with a verified account. I did a check on my area since I'm about 4 miles from a regional airport and noticed that the warning zones have been extended dramatically and new additional zones that were not there before.

It's LAX, bit red circle
2017-6-11
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Australia

Kylie Posted at 2017-6-11 14:18

Since the 0.0800 firmware update, if you reset the camera it makes some rather unwanted changes. Under the HD setting tab, change from HD to Normal and this will enable you to get the 4K settings. You should also check the MP4/MOV as it will be set to MOV.
2017-6-11
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Australia

PHL Posted at 2017-6-11 14:09
I recall reading in the manual that zoom in 4K was not supported, which is fair enough as that's the max resolution of the sensor.
Are you using Android? I'm wondering if in previous versions zooming in 4K meant the resolution drops (in effect doing a crop).

No I am using IOS and up until this latest update, I could zoom in 4K.
2017-6-11
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Australia

Tealk Posted at 2017-6-10 22:20

I have changed the couple of settings back to what I had before this update but still no 4K zoom. Are you using android or ios? And is it really 4K or 2.7K?
2017-6-11
Use props
SeaComms
lvl.3
Australia

There is no zoom in 4K, never has been.  When in 2.7k or lower zoom has always been there.
2017-6-11
Use props
MikeQView
lvl.4
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-6-11 03:22
Although I haven't used it more than a couple of times, your right it never worked in 4K.

Likewise, never had zoom in 4K ,  only 2.7 and below
2017-6-11
Use props
AnsMav
New
Germany

Nach dem Update auf Version 01.03.0800 sind die DNG Daten defekt.
Alle Bilder haben im unteren Drittel des Bildes einen starken Blaustich.

2017-6-12
Use props
AnsMav
New
Germany

After the update to version 01.03.0800 the DNG data are defective.
All images have a strong blue color in the lower third of the image.
2017-6-12
Use props
Asainz320
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1061594 ft
  • >>>
United States

All this talk about who can zoom or not in 4k, we have to understand something... is not the same thing to zoom while recording than in preview mode. The Mavic, or most cameras I know with digital zoom, will not be able to zoom while recording in 4k or full sensor resolution.
2017-6-12
Use props
MavicMule
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6329 ft
United States

I'm out of state from where I normally fly, so I will test for issues w/new firmware later today.  
2017-6-12
Use props
fans5883e304
lvl.2
Flight distance : 165945 ft
Canada

Hi.  I am new to this drone thing so please bare with me. I just obtained my Mavic Pro today and started it up and noticed a firmware upgrade was needed. I did that, and now the device is in error mode (app). I receive an error indicating "Forward Vision Calibration error. Precision hovering and obstacle avoidance may fail." Solution: "Recalibrate vision system by using DJI Assistant 2 or use DJI GO for an urgent issue."

I downloaded the DJI Assistant and of course, had driver issues in that the software could not find my drone and sorted that out. I upgraded the firmware through the software - problem still exists and the app is in error mode. I reset all settings, nothing. I cannot downgrade the firmware. I tried to calibrate, and of course, it failed (perhaps I was doing something wrong, but was following the square around the screen with my drone). There is nothing I can do to get this thing out of error mode or fix the Forward Vision Sensor.

I went through DJI tech support who told me to download the DJI Assistant (great help...) which got me nowhere.

Is there anyone who has had this problem (or knows about it) and can maybe assist me? I am desperate to resolve this issue. New drone (8 hours old) and it is a paperweight.

Thank you to anyone who may be able to help.
2017-6-13
Use props
VMav
lvl.2
Flight distance : 76814 ft
United States

.800, 2K7,  Android DJI GO 4.1.0 - no zoom on 5 way button.  Same but Android Litchi - zoom is working fine.  

Android DJI Go 4.1.0 is broken in that part.  I have heard that Apple version of DJI Go 4.1.0 is working with zoom fine.
2017-6-13
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Australia

fans5883e304 Posted at 2017-6-13 19:11
Hi.  I am new to this drone thing so please bare with me. I just obtained my Mavic Pro today and started it up and noticed a firmware upgrade was needed. I did that, and now the device is in error mode (app). I receive an error indicating "Forward Vision Calibration error. Precision hovering and obstacle avoidance may fail." Solution: "Recalibrate vision system by using DJI Assistant 2 or use DJI GO for an urgent issue."

I downloaded the DJI Assistant and of course, had driver issues in that the software could not find my drone and sorted that out. I upgraded the firmware through the software - problem still exists and the app is in error mode. I reset all settings, nothing. I cannot downgrade the firmware. I tried to calibrate, and of course, it failed (perhaps I was doing something wrong, but was following the square around the screen with my drone). There is nothing I can do to get this thing out of error mode or fix the Forward Vision Sensor.

I would suggest that you delete the app and then reinstall it. Then use the Assistant 2 software to Refresh the firmware in both the controller and the Mavic.
2017-6-13
Use props
DaddyDe
lvl.3
Flight distance : 61860 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks very much for that post - was driving me Krazy why I no longer had access to 4K...  
2017-6-14
Use props
3VP
lvl.2
Flight distance : 165945 ft
Canada

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-6-13 21:54
I would suggest that you delete the app and then reinstall it. Then use the Assistant 2 software to Refresh the firmware in both the controller and the Mavic.

Thank you for your reply. I have been in communication with online DJI support and tried those options; however, the error remains the same. I tried to calibrate using the DJI Assistant, but the camera calibration failed and when I clicked on the redo, the drone camera produced an oddly shaped square (almost like an upside down triangle) and of course it was not able to calibrate. I have deleted software, reinstalled, rebooted the drone three times as suggested - nothing will work.

Frustrating as when I first opened the box and started the drone with app all seemed to work. It was suggested to update the firmware, which I did, and it all went to crap...

There is no way to downgrade firmware (fails) no way to refresh (fails), calibrate (fails). I don;t know what to do. The drone always flashes yellow at the back. Upon start-up with will flash red-green-yellow (not in that order), then flash green for a bit, then return to yellow.

I am frustrated with this thing...
2017-6-14
Use props
simis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 405102 ft
United Kingdom

Thanks a lot for advice! Why DJI changing defaults in first place???
2017-6-14
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules