P2 with H3-3D
1633 7 2014-10-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
throck
New

United States

I am wanting to get my first Phantom. I already have a GoPro 3 Black.
If I get the P2 + H3-3D kit, my question is.
While in flight can I control the gimbal and also still see the video feed on my phone/tablet?

Many thanks
2014-10-12
Use props
Cloud9
lvl.1
United States

The answer to your first question is yes, you can control the gimbal by sliding the lever on the back of the controller up/down.

You can't see video feed on your phone/tablet since video won't be sent via wifi. Most use an LCD screen mounted on the controller instead (see below)

2014-10-12
Use props
throck
New

United States

ok great.
Where can I get this screen and what all would I need to get it working the way I need?

Thanks
2014-10-12
Use props
kalcommodore
lvl.1
Flight distance : 27270 ft
Canada

Cloud9 Posted at 2014-10-13 06:05
The answer to your first question is yes, you can control the gimbal by sliding the lever on the bac ...

Unfortunately this feature did not work on my P2, and apparently for a lot other buyers of the P2. With this feature not working it made my purchase with the 3d gimbal pretty much worthless.
I wrote to the technical people at DJI and sent in a complaint, it has been weeks now and I have not heard back. I am only left with buying a Futaba and setting up a new transmitter system.
2014-10-12
Use props
throck
New

United States

hmm.
well in that case I will just spend the extra money and get the Vision+
2014-10-12
Use props
Cloud9
lvl.1
United States

kalcommodore Posted at 2014-10-13 08:10
Unfortunately this feature did not work on my P2, and apparently for a lot other buyers of the P2. ...

What kind of set up did you have? Mine (and a lot of other P2 owners) are working fine.
I'm using a P2 with H3-3D, GoPro3+, FatShark video transmitter LCD screen (and goggles) for viewing.

The P2 setup actually has better range and video than the P2V+ but you miss out on the app control.

Kalcommodore I'm interested in what you've got running on your Phantom if you still have it. What equipment you're using and how you've got it hooked it up.

2014-10-12
Use props
DJI -Lisa.zhu
lvl.4

China

Good comment, cloud9
2014-10-14
Use props
dhoomkethu
Banned

India

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield