21602 119 2017-6-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Stoner Droner
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10 ft
United States

Dovivan Posted at 2017-6-8 23:21
Hey Stoner. I have some problem on  1.8 FW and HDMI modul. 1.6 FW works fine wih HDMI but i saty on 1.8 and uninstall HDMI becouse i want buy CrystalSKy with in-build HDMI. 1.8 without HDMI works.

iIs unbelievable that DJI ignore this critical bug for 7+ months.  "Thx" DJI

I was told about the RC firmware the other day and was able to downgrade back to v1.6, which solved the problem I was having with the video feed. I still haven't flown the drone in fears of losing contact with it and having it crash into somebody's house. And the DJI Go app is still telling me that I need to do an upgrade, probably for the RC so it will malfunction again. DJI needs to stop forcing these upgrades on their customers, especially when they don't need them.
2017-6-10
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Stoner Droner Posted at 2017-6-10 05:38
I was told about the RC firmware the other day and was able to downgrade back to v1.6, which solved the problem I was having with the video feed. I still haven't flown the drone in fears of losing contact with it and having it crash into somebody's house. And the DJI Go app is still telling me that I need to do an upgrade, probably for the RC so it will malfunction again. DJI needs to stop forcing these upgrades on their customers, especially when they don't need them.

You can ignore the upgrade prompt, and provided all else is set up correctly then there shouldn't be any problems. Get out into an open area and have a play with all the RTH settings and what happens if you lose signal (RTH, Hover, Land ? All possible based on settings). Just bear in mind that a loss of video signal does not necessarily mean that the control signal has gone. Also how to cancel RTH and take control when signal returns, that it will land if within 65 feet of homepoint IF RTH initiated.....
2017-6-10
Use props
Stoner Droner
lvl.1
United States

Sobey1 Posted at 2017-6-9 00:38
Theres your problem........

So, which word confuses you the most, "Forced" or "Required"? Maybe you should buy a dictionary and look these words up. I was instructed by the DJI Go app that the upgrade was REQUIRED and I was unable to even start the drone until I installed the update. Reading the f@#king release notes wouldn't have done $h!t, i was FORCED into upgrading the firmware!!!!
2017-6-10
Use props
Stoner Droner
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-6-8 20:01
We apologize that you’re experiencing difficulties and unpleasant experience with our support, and sorry for your time. Did this issue be solved by downgrading the RC? If not, please keep us updated.
We still have too much to learn and will keep improving to make your experience with us better. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

No problem, at least DJI has a few intelligent customers who were able to actually help. Maybe DJI should hire these people, they seem to know more than those working in tech support. I was eventually able to reslove the video issues by downgrading the RC back to v1.6 , but I haven't flown it yet as I haven't had the time, nor the nerve. I'll update later but I think the issue may have been resolved for now.
2017-6-10
Use props
Stoner Droner
lvl.1
United States

We apologize that you’re experiencing difficulties and unpleasant experience with our support, and sorry for your time. Did this issue be solved by downgrading the RC? If not, please keep us updated.
We still have too much to learn and will keep improving to make your experience with us better. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

DJI is seriously headed towards another Class Action Lawsuit over these firmware updates. I suggest the crooks at DJI fix this before more people hear about their shyster sales scheme of using firmware updates to disable customers older products for the purpose of trying to get them to purchase newer ones.  

I test flew my P4 today and the app crashed while it was in the air. Luckily, the RTH function somehow worked and it made it back by itself. I am not impressedat all with DJI's products and I'm even more disgusted with its lack of customer support.
Since DJI is obviously NOT planning on helping me resolve this issue, maybe someone can provide me with a way of removing this defective firmware update that did nothing but disabled the drone I bought last year so I can FIX IT MYSELF!
2017-6-12
Use props
Stoner Droner
lvl.1
United States

Well, I figured out what the problem was with my P4. I was able to fly, photograph and film, all without losing video signal or having the app crash while flying it. All I had to do was uninstall the DJI Go app and use a Third-Party app to control it. Thanks Third-Party Software!  DJI better think about hiring some new programers because that DJI Go app completely sucks and has more bugs than a Chinese restaurant. At least I have my drone working again and know I'll never have to use DJI's buggy software to fly my drone every again!
2017-6-13
Use props
Euc
lvl.2
Flight distance : 69 ft
Australia

Stoner Droner Posted at 2017-6-13 13:40
Well, I figured out what the problem was with my P4. I was able to fly, photograph and film, all without losing video signal or having the app crash while flying it. All I had to do was uninstall the DJI Go app and use a Third-Party app to control it. Thanks Third-Party Software!  DJI better think about hiring some new programers because that DJI Go app completely sucks and has more bugs than a Chinese restaurant. At least I have my drone working again and know I'll never have to use DJI's buggy software to fly my drone every again!

www.dji.com/newsroom/news/dji-up ... nd-firmware-updates
2017-6-14
Use props
treeboy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 604747 ft
United States

So', a friend of mine also had video issues after the latest firmware update and it seems to be cured by changing the Image Transmission Code Rate from 6 MB/s to 8 MB/s. Interestingly though, DJI Go 4 video was good after re-link of the controller with the P4, but 3rd party apps (Litchi and DJI Ultimate Flight) had horrible video feed. After the transmission code rate change to 8 MB/s now all work.
2017-6-15
Use props
fans6a3399ab
New
Flight distance : 256 ft
United States

Where do I sign up?
2017-7-15
Use props
fansd2856944
lvl.1

France

having the same problem also with my Phantom 3 s. no Litchi connection can only fly with RC.
2017-8-6
Use props
Flybug
lvl.1
Flight distance : 199436 ft
United States

I have a P4 that I have never flown. I was using the flight trainer but then when I was prompted to update the firmware, my remote controller stopped charging. Now I cannot even try to foll back the firmware because the remote will not charge.
I have a drone but cannot use it.
2017-8-22
Use props
Flybug
lvl.1
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2017-6-8 15:56
Try rolling the RC back from V1.8 to V1.6:-

Connect display device (with good internet wifi connection) to RC and power both up (aircraft off).

I would love to try this fix but, after I updated the firmware my remote will not charge. Charges for two seconds then shuts down.
2017-8-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Flybug Posted at 2017-8-22 17:21
I have a P4 that I have never flown. I was using the flight trainer but then when I was prompted to update the firmware, my remote controller stopped charging. Now I cannot even try to foll back the firmware because the remote will not charge.
I have a drone but cannot use it.

Sorry to hear that, we would recommend to send in the RC for repair if it fails to charge.
2017-8-26
Use props
vandman1008.gma
lvl.1
Flight distance : 30997 ft
Australia

I think the majority cause of issues are due to not reading the release notes or just browsing through the instructions.
Updates of both aircraft and controllers are a must . If you just do the aircraft , your video link and range will be pixelated and short.
Without any research , blaming firmware or DJI deliberately trying to sabotage you.

Please read the instructions as others have stated. Refer to YouTube vids if you must .
Reframe from childish behaviour, a mature approach will yield a quicker response !
2017-9-2
Use props
Normn8or
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1466611 ft
United States

vandman1008.gma Posted at 2017-9-2 21:11
I think the majority cause of issues are due to not reading the release notes or just browsing through the instructions.
Updates of both aircraft and controllers are a must . If you just do the aircraft , your video link and range will be pixelated and short.
Without any research , blaming firmware or DJI deliberately trying to sabotage you.

If it wasn't firmware problems then there would be no reason for DJI to turn to Outside Help (Hackers) to help find Bad coding, Glitches, Bugs, and incompatibilities with devices, etc,etc etc. They find it easier to shell out pennies while they accept your Dollars in droves just to push a new product on deck, and then putting that new product on the same App as  the Phantom4, Phantom Advanced, Phantom Pro, Spark, and the Inspire 1,  All with different actions and commands. What? nobody thinks the app and all the different platforms it is supposed to control going to work correctly in conjunction with each other?   Damn bring on the Hackers obviously DJI has no clue. And please save the Don't blame DJI mantra,  It's old, It's worn out, And it is definitely played into the ground. Quite like many a'drone has gone.................. I Have invested money throwen to the wind to "Hackers". And I'm sure you'All do too. Maybe DJI would like to join "MY" Selfhelp Group It's Called "On, n On, n On"............................................................................................................................ But with the quantity of money invested they believe in themselves as GOD'S, But .....................................................................
2017-9-2
Use props
Kenzzzz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 161181 ft

Canada

I have the same issue. I upgraded the controller last week. When I went to fly today, my Phantom 4 wanted a firmware update. It went as anticipated. The next time I wen to fly all hell broke loose. I get GPS issues after 1 minute, it goes into ATTI mode, I get CPU issues on my iPad 3. Its not even normal ATTI mode, its almost impossible to control.
2017-9-10
Use props
Ovahung
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17848 ft
Australia

Stoner Droner Posted at 2017-6-8 10:11
I was going to buy those DJI Googles but they took too long to ship them so I canceled the order. I'm glad I did because I'm pretty sure I'm done doing business with DJI.

I have had a lot of issues with DJI as well. I bought the spark & it managed to hit a wall stopped & hit the ground. But its not supposed to hit wall with it's sensor. So they charged me for it & was a week old. I then purchased a phantom 4 pro & it faulty so now it's going back. So I am on the last legs with DJI's lack of customer care & support when they make you sit the phone for 40 minute. It just not professional but soon there will be more drone supplier & DJI will be left wondering why all there customer don't support. Chin up fair trading is my next step. That will make DJI take notice.
2017-9-10
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Ovahung Posted at 2017-9-10 23:57
I have had a lot of issues with DJI as well. I bought the spark & it managed to hit a wall stopped & hit the ground. But its not supposed to hit wall with it's sensor. So they charged me for it & was a week old. I then purchased a phantom 4 pro & it faulty so now it's going back. So I am on the last legs with DJI's lack of customer care & support when they make you sit the phone for 40 minute. It just not professional but soon there will be more drone supplier & DJI will be left wondering why all there customer don't support. Chin up fair trading is my next step. That will make DJI take notice.

Sorry for your unpleasant experience, could you please provide me more details and the case number? I'd like to look into it and see if there is anything I can do for you.
2017-9-11
Use props
Flybug
lvl.1
United States

I just saw this response to my post. For your information, I upgraded the Aircraft and then tried to upgrade the remote. At this point is when the remote had issues and would not charge. Don't talk about doing things wrong until you have all the facts.
2017-10-16
Use props
wormz30
lvl.2
Flight distance : 226460 ft
  • >>>
United States

Where do you even go to get the firmware beta?! I have DJI Assistant 2 now... FINALLY but can't seem to find any firmware beta
2017-10-16
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

wormz30 Posted at 2017-10-16 19:47
Where do you even go to get the firmware beta?! I have DJI Assistant 2 now... FINALLY but can't seem to find any firmware beta

Provide me with your DJI Account email, I can add it to your account.
2017-10-16
Use props
filippog
Second Officer
Flight distance : 252516 ft
Italy

DJI Diana Pubblicato il 2017-10-16 20:01
Fornire me la tua email DJI Account, posso aggiungerlo al tuo account.

Buongiorno a tutti.
Mi scuso per il mio cattivo inglese e vado a chiedere quello che mi interessa per il momento. Ho un Phantom 4 da fine dicembre 2016, non ancora aggiornato al nuovo firmware ... 106. E 'molto buono e non problematico, ma stanco di aspettare e spaventato dai cattivi risultati di molti utenti per poter utilizzare le nuove caratteristiche vorrei un'opinione di amministratore di Dji su cosa fare.
Ha perso il numero di rapporti negativi?
Sono solo tanti utenti che hanno ancora problemi?
Posso avere il test beta ... 600 o devo aggiornare a .... 106?
Se necessario, posso fornire il numero di serie se questa è la data di fabbricazione.
Grato se qualcuno vuole rispondere.
2017-10-16
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

filippog Posted at 2017-10-16 21:05
Buongiorno a tutti.
Mi scuso per il mio cattivo inglese e vado a chiedere quello che mi interessa per il momento. Ho un Phantom 4 da fine dicembre 2016, non ancora aggiornato al nuovo firmware ... 106. E 'molto buono e non problematico, ma stanco di aspettare e spaventato dai cattivi risultati di molti utenti per poter utilizzare le nuove caratteristiche vorrei un'opinione di amministratore di Dji su cosa fare.
Ha perso il numero di rapporti negativi?

Sorry, I don't understand, tried Google Translate but no luck,  do you want the beta firmware? If yes, please provide me with your DJI Account email, I can add it to your account.
2017-10-17
Use props
wormz30
lvl.2
Flight distance : 226460 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-10-16 20:01
Provide me with your DJI Account email, I can add it to your account.

kevinle@me.com
2017-10-17
Use props
ssokolov
lvl.1

Bulgaria

5 days waiting for the beta firmware and still counting... wrote to 2 different supports and nothing... This is slowest feedback from support team ever... DJI wake-up u loosing rating really fast, i will never pick your product ever again!!!
2017-10-17
Use props
Pvt Pilot '79
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1000272 ft
United States

ssokolov Posted at 2017-10-17 07:18
5 days waiting for the beta firmware and still counting... wrote to 2 different supports and nothing... This is slowest feedback from support team ever... DJI wake-up u loosing rating really fast, i will never pick your product ever again!!!

There was a post in a different thread that they weren't sending out any more Beta's because they have the problem solved and the new official release will be available soon.
2017-10-17
Use props
echopiece
lvl.3
Flight distance : 225266 ft
United States

Pvt Pilot '79 Posted at 2017-10-17 08:00
There was a post in a different thread that they weren't sending out any more Beta's because they have the problem solved and the new official release will be available soon.

Do you have a link for this "thread"?
2017-10-17
Use props
Pvt Pilot '79
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1000272 ft
United States

echopiece Posted at 2017-10-17 08:13
Do you have a link for this "thread"?

https://forum.dji.com/thread-103711-41-1.html post #1604
2017-10-17
Use props
filippog
Second Officer
Flight distance : 252516 ft
Italy

Goodmorning everyone.
I apologize for my bad English and I go to ask what I'm interested in for the moment. I have a Phantom 4 from late December 2016, not yet updated to the new firmware ... 106. Fly well and not by any problem. I would like to upgrade to use the new features but even if tired of waiting are scared by bad results of other users.
I would like an opinion of Dji administrators on what to do.
Are many users still having problems?
Should I wait yet?
Can I have the beta test ... 600 or do I have to upgrade to .... 106?
If necessary, I can provide the serial number and date of manufacture.
Grateful if someone wants to answer.
2017-10-17
Use props
Juliano Cruz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4158868 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

filippog Posted at 2017-10-17 09:55
Goodmorning everyone.
I apologize for my bad English and I go to ask what I'm interested in for the moment. I have a Phantom 4 from late December 2016, not yet updated to the new firmware ... 106. Fly well and not by any problem. I would like to upgrade to use the new features but even if tired of waiting are scared by bad results of other users.
I would like an opinion of Dji administrators on what to do.

I heard the problem affects only the first units released in early 2016 (mine was affected).
I don't recommend to upgrade now, unless you really need the new features right now. Look for late 2016 P4 users if they are having these issues.
They are testing some betas to fix the issues, but it still have issues, and I think they will launch a new regular version very soon.
I had to rollback my firmware because it was impossible to fly, now it is working great again. I'll update only after they release a fixed regular version.
2017-10-17
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Just checked it, your account has been forwarded to the engineers, it should be available now, please have a check.
2017-10-19
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

ssokolov Posted at 2017-10-17 07:18

Please provide me with your DJI Account email, I'd like to check it for you.
2017-10-19
Use props
fans0c5701dc
New
United States

I to was forced to download this and now my P4 if screwed up. I bought 2 for me and my son. If DJI doesn't provide a fix for this problem! F-them. Never buy there stuff ever again. I was just about to purchase an inspire. not now!!!!
2017-10-20
Use props
fansff080c5c
lvl.1
Flight distance : 161860 ft
Italy

Aardvark Posted at 2017-6-8 15:56
Try rolling the RC back from V1.8 to V1.6:-

Connect display device (with good internet wifi connection) to RC and power both up (aircraft off).

Thank's that is the only way I got back the video transmission:

Run DJI Go, on initial screen (where it displays aircraft type etc) at top right hand corner you will see a 'graduation hat' icon (or perhaps three lines if DJI Go 4). Hold your finger on that for about 5 seconds and release. You should now see a black screen appear with an option to roll back RC firmware (you may have to sellect V1.6 in the roll down menu). Make sure RC is well charged, takes about 5 minutes or so. Power down when complete. Restart all and check all working, you may need to relink RC to aircraft.

Actually when you are on the black screen the only option of upgrade is to the v1.8 or as suggested downgrade to v1.6. After that, restarting the RC, it ask to ugrade to version 1.93 that was not present on the black screen ???? Dji problem ?

Anyway that give me back video and all the rest I can go back flying now., thank's to Aardvark for the suggestion.
2017-10-27
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fansff080c5c Posted at 2017-10-27 05:15
Thank's that is the only way I got back the video transmission:

Thanks for the update, good that all is working again. The delivery method for V1.9.X was different from previous methods. Once updated to V1.9.3 then there is no option to roll back.
2017-10-27
Use props
Fire nerd
lvl.1
United States

Dji Diana may I have the beta firm ware?
Bburke192@hotmail.com
2017-12-3
Use props
Gaffzilla
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Same here. Going away soon and wanted to take the drone (Phantom 4 not Pro), I'm now going to miss a lifetime opportunity as DJI have turned the thing into a door-stopper. What on earth is wrong with them?!
2017-12-4
Use props
Gaffzilla
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Sobey1 Posted at 2017-6-9 00:38
Theres your problem........

When the software is telling you the thing needs an update and it plainly recognizes the connected device you automatically assume the update is relevant to that device!
2017-12-4
Use props
Gaffzilla
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Euc Posted at 2017-6-14 03:37
www.dji.com/newsroom/news/dji-updates-process-for-activating-software-and-firmware-updates

So in other words if you're flying somewhere there's no phone signal, or using an ipad with no sim slot - you're stuffed. Well done DJI!!!
2017-12-4
Use props
Gaffzilla
lvl.1
United Kingdom

so you don't recommend following the on-screen instructions?
2017-12-4
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules