12Next >
5856 51 2017-6-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GregC1973
lvl.4
Flight distance : 389636 ft
Ireland

Hi, has anyone come across this problem after doing the firmware update?
I have no maps since the update.
Thanks in advance

Maps error

Maps error
2017-6-8
Use props
fans417abfbd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 434593 ft
United Kingdom

Yes I have the same problem. I can see the home point and current position but the map window is blank with no features, streets or anything else. I haven't found a fix for it.
2017-6-8
Use props
MSP38
New
Flight distance : 48100 ft
France

Same problem too: only Chinese maps available.
2017-6-8
Use props
GregC1973
lvl.4
Ireland

MSP38 Posted at 2017-6-8 13:16
Same problem too: only Chinese maps available.

Yep me too, just the Chinese maps. Thanks for the reply
2017-6-8
Use props
fans0a8f6672
lvl.1
Flight distance : 148258 ft
United States

GregC1973 Posted at 2017-6-8 13:18

I also have the same issue ... just performed the updates to both the "+" controller and the Phantom 4 Pro + Drone ... nothing but Chinese maps available.  When I try to search for the US and states ... no go.  I also tried to update the no-fly zones and it said I had no internet connection but was already successfully logged into my account on the controller via WIFI ... this is screwed up !!!
2017-6-8
Use props
Adriano Milanez
lvl.3
Flight distance : 136463 ft
Brazil

Me too!!! Need maps back!!
2017-6-8
Use props
Cammo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 193494 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Same error here for me - init map error and no maps available apart from Chinese
2017-6-8
Use props
fans417abfbd
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I have tried doing the update via assistant 2 and via the Go4 app. Even when updating the RC via the SD card first, on power down I still get the "init missing libraries" message.
Presumably then the update does not have whatever is required to install the maps? I don't know but I do know my head is spinning with it all!
2017-6-9
Use props
fans0a8f6672
lvl.1
United States

fans417abfbd Posted at 2017-6-9 07:06
I have tried doing the update via assistant 2 and via the Go4 app. Even when updating the RC via the SD card first, on power down I still get the "init missing libraries" message.
Presumably then the update does not have whatever is required to install the maps? I don't know but I do know my head is spinning with it all!

Does anyone know if DJI knows about this issue and when they plan to to release a fix for it?
2017-6-9
Use props
fans0a8f6672
lvl.1
United States

fans417abfbd Posted at 2017-6-9 07:06

BTW, I tried a similar 2nd attempt update process and had no luck either :-(
2017-6-9
Use props
NKars
lvl.3
Flight distance : 834117 ft
Netherlands

I got the same error message... to fix this.. .

reset the to factory settings on the screen of the RC....
after reboot, you got inlog screen of DJI...
please first note your inlog codes at DJI.... swipe down on top off the screen when you got the inlog code screen at DJI go app...
YOU MUST First login with WIFI... to do that goes to WIFI on settingsalso if you use Virtual Hotspot with your Iphone, please check this code to.. because all is reset to zero.

after that all works fine...  
also check RTH and max height settings

2017-6-9
Use props
fans417abfbd
lvl.4
United Kingdom

NKars Posted at 2017-6-9 07:15

Thanks for the info. I'm struggling to understand your English but I will try later
2017-6-9
Use props
fans0a8f6672
lvl.1
United States

THANK YOU for the solution ... worked without issue so far ... need to fly it now to validate.
2017-6-9
Use props
fans0cbb3901
New
Flight distance : 266 ft
United States

I got the same thing. Is this reset being done through system settings factory reset where it deletes everything e.g. Google account etc..
2017-6-9
Use props
fans417abfbd
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Well done that man. My maps are back. I must say though, where the hell are the DJI reps? I also spoke to support this morning who were totally useless and didn't have a clue how to fix the problem.
If I had listened to their advice then my drone would currently be with a courier on the way back to DJI and then no doubt sat with them for a month while they pulled their fingers out their backsides.
2017-6-9
Use props
GregC1973
lvl.4
Ireland

Hi there, thanks everyone for the help, that works perfect. Wasn't sure where the reset was. It is in system settings, personal and backup and reset.
2017-6-9
Use props
LGI
New
United States

Thank you too!

Also spent hours on this remote firmware update yesterday. After doing the factory reset option through the app, maps are now working again.

However, DJI Assistant 2 can't see my remote, so I may still have to send mine in on RMA.

Can anyone confirm whether DJI Assistant 2 can see your Pro+ remote after the update?

2017-6-9
Use props
fans417abfbd
lvl.4
United Kingdom

LGI Posted at 2017-6-9 11:37
Thank you too!

Also spent hours on this remote firmware update yesterday. After doing the factory reset option through the app, maps are now working again.

I'm not sure what you mean. However the remote is updated via the SD card. You download updates to the SD card from the DJI website and insert it into the SD card slot in the remote
2017-6-9
Use props
LGI
New
United States

fans417abfbd Posted at 2017-6-9 11:52
I'm not sure what you mean. However the remote is updated via the SD card. You download updates to the SD card from the DJI website and insert it into the SD card slot in the remote

When troubleshooting following issues with this remote controller firmware update, support told me to download and install DJI Assistant 2 and use that to connect to the Pro+ remote controller. Unfortunately it won't see mine. (It does see the drone itself when connected with the same cable from computer to drone, but doesn't recognize the remote controller when connected from computer to remote.) I'm wondering if it's related to this update/issue, or if there is something unrelated wrong with my controller and I should still send it in.

So I was wondering if someone else who went through this could confirm whether DJI Assistant 2 sees their remote now when connected to the Pro+ remote with the white usb cable.
2017-6-9
Use props
fans417abfbd
lvl.4
United Kingdom

LGI Posted at 2017-6-9 12:18
When troubleshooting following issues with this remote controller firmware update, support told me to download and install DJI Assistant 2 and use that to connect to the Pro+ remote controller. Unfortunately it won't see mine. (It does see the drone itself when connected with the same cable from computer to drone, but doesn't recognize the remote controller when connected from computer to remote.) I'm wondering if it's related to this update/issue, or if there is something unrelated wrong with my controller and I should still send it in.

So I was wondering if someone else who went through this could confirm whether DJI Assistant 2 sees their remote now when connected to the Pro+ remote with the white usb cable.

Assistant 2 doesn't recognise my remote. I'm not sure that it is supposed to
2017-6-9
Use props
racer888
lvl.3
Flight distance : 99970 ft
United States

DJI Assistant does not see the remote and never will, it is only for the AC. The update to the controller in done with the micro sd card and local update on the controller.
2017-6-9
Use props
Adriano Milanez
lvl.3
Flight distance : 136463 ft
Brazil

Reseting worked from me also! Tks!
2017-6-9
Use props
LGI
New
United States

racer888 Posted at 2017-6-9 12:44
DJI Assistant does not see the remote and never will, it is only for the AC. The update to the controller in done with the micro sd card and local update on the controller.

Interesting -- you have a Pro+ (with the integrated screen) too -- is that correct? I ask because on the first support chat I sent a screenshot of my remote controller with the issue and that support person gave me the download link and told me to install DJI Assistant 2 and use it to check the firmware of the remote controller (with integrated screen). And then the second support person on a second chat also said it's supposed to connect to the Pro+ remote too...  Not sure what to make of this. Thanks again for the help and info.
2017-6-9
Use props
racer888
lvl.3
Flight distance : 99970 ft
United States

LGI Posted at 2017-6-9 13:20
Interesting -- you have a Pro+ (with the integrated screen) too -- is that correct? I ask because on the first support chat I sent a screenshot of my remote controller with the issue and that support person gave me the download link and told me to install DJI Assistant 2 and use it to check the firmware of the remote controller (with integrated screen). And then the second support person on a second chat also said it's supposed to connect to the Pro+ remote too...  Not sure what to make of this. Thanks again for the help and info.

Not sure what to tell you, I have the P4P+ and have never been able to hook the controller up to DJI Assistant in fact when I first went to update the controller and tried it that way I was told by DJI admin. that the only way to update the P4P+ controller was with the micro SD card. If you look on the downloads page for the P4P there are special instructions for the P+ controller update. Instructions tell us to use the SD card and "Local" update using the micro SD card in the controller.
2017-6-10
Use props
fans417abfbd
lvl.4
United Kingdom

LGI Posted at 2017-6-9 13:20

It wouldn't be the first time that support have been completely and utterly wrong in their advice.
2017-6-10
Use props
Polarphoto
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1322493 ft
  • >>>
Finland

Same error appeared after last firmware update on my P4P+.  RC also asks activation every time you boot up it.   
2017-6-10
Use props
fanse41e394f
New
Flight distance : 288999 ft
United States

I got the same message after the most recent update.  Fix worked perfectly, thanks NKars!!!
2017-6-10
Use props
fans042fac5f
lvl.1
Flight distance : 242972 ft
United Kingdom

I had this issue, DJI support first told me to delete and reinstall the DJI go app, despite this not being impossible on the P4P+ integrated controller. When I told them this they said I'd have to send it to the Netherlands for repair (which is a big no-no given it took them 6weeks to do a Care Refresh replacement last time I sent something in)!! Lucky I've seen the fix on here first before doing that! They really are useless sometimes.
2017-6-10
Use props
fansd7f62866
lvl.1
Flight distance : 93212 ft
United Kingdom

Can I add my thanks for also solving my missing maps problem
2017-6-10
Use props
fanse55c0870
New
Canada

fans0a8f6672 Posted at 2017-6-8 16:26
I also have the same issue ... just performed the updates to both the "+" controller and the Phantom 4 Pro + Drone ... nothing but Chinese maps available.  When I try to search for the US and states ... no go.  I also tried to update the no-fly zones and it said I had no internet connection but was already successfully logged into my account on the controller via WIFI ... this is screwed up !!!

I have the same problem, its the new update version V01.02.00.00 RC AND PHANTOM 4 PRO + V01.04.0602
2017-6-10
Use props
fanse55c0870
New
Canada

GregC1973 Posted at 2017-6-8 13:18

ITS BECAUSE OF THE NEW UPDATE, HOPEFULLY THEY FIX THIS WITHIN THE WEEK
2017-6-10
Use props
fanse55c0870
New
Canada

fans0a8f6672 Posted at 2017-6-9 07:13
Does anyone know if DJI knows about this issue and when they plan to to release a fix for it?

THE PROBLEM IS THE NEW UPDATE V01.04.0602 AND RC V01.02.00.00
2017-6-10
Use props
fanse55c0870
New
Canada

JUST FACTORY RESET THE RC REMOTE IN SETTINGS
2017-6-10
Use props
sbernard
lvl.1
Flight distance : 37562 ft
France

it's ok also for me : just factory reset the rc setting
2017-6-11
Use props
WC-Pilot
lvl.1
United States

LGI Posted at 2017-6-9 12:18

It sees the remote but ONLY offers you one option ... revert to factory settings ... that is all you can do with the DJI Assistant 2 when connected to the RC unit ... and yes, you used to have more options like downgrading, etc.  They took that away ... Lord knows why ??!!
2017-6-13
Use props
Ricardopr54
lvl.1
United States

Thank you very much for your advice on this matter!  I'm going to give it a try and will come back to tell you the results.  
2017-6-14
Use props
Ricardopr54
lvl.1
United States

I have one more quotatioquestion for you!  After resetting back to factory settings,  Do the app prompt you to re-do the same firmware update that caused this issue on the first place?  ?
2017-6-14
Use props
Ricardopr54
lvl.1
United States

fans0a8f6672 Posted at 2017-6-9 08:12
THANK YOU for the solution ... worked without issue so far ... need to fly it now to validate.

Did the app prompt you to re-do the firmware update that causes this issue in the first place after performing the factory settings reset?
2017-6-14
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

For anyone new coming onto this thread, there's another thread on this: http://forum.dji.com/thread-100094-1-1.html  It also includes steps as covered earlier here, but looks like in more detail - see post #10 in the other thread. Just an FYI in case, team.
2017-6-14
Use props
robinpm100
lvl.1
Flight distance : 87585 ft
Czechia

YOU JUST RUINED MY DRONE AND REMOTE CONTROLLER!!!!
YOU SHOULD HAVE WRITTEN - connect to WIFI on the first line of your message

I just did hard reset but it resetted my wifi connection and now it wants to sign-in
in my remote controller and it says I am not connected to wifi!!!!

AND ALL I GET IS THIS EVERYTIME, I cannot get pass it, NOW TELL ME HOW TO RESET MY CONTROLLER
AGAIN, my expensive drone is BROKEN because of your advice
2017-6-18
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules