2415 20 2015-3-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
drklion
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2712825 ft
  • >>>
United States

Heads up for all those in the US.  FAA does not want you to post on youtube your UAS videos.

http://motherboard.vice.com/read ... e-videos-on-youtube
2015-3-12
Use props
Custerboy
lvl.1

United States

Testing the waters. I don't believe there is a law in place to enforce the action... yet.
2015-3-12
Use props
rfrye
lvl.4
Flight distance : 309606 ft
United States

Good post drklion!

I have forwarded the link to the article to Peter Sachs, Esq.
http://dronelawjournal.com/

Again, good post

p.s. Consider using Vimeo - no adds and you can use private and restricted features if you want.
2015-3-12
Use props
rfrye
lvl.4
United States

rfrye Posted at 2015-3-13 05:01
Good post drklion!

I have forwarded the link to the article to Peter Sachs, Esq.

Peter just wrote me back and said:

"Thanks. I'm quoted in the article. Dealt with it yesterday. Tweeted about it this morning. Ridiculous. Major FAA screw-up".
2015-3-12
Use props
Inspire1flyer
lvl.2

United States

Turn off the monitazation and its all good.
2015-3-12
Use props
drklion
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Custerboy Posted at 2015-3-13 04:45
Testing the waters. I don't believe there is a law in place to enforce the action... yet.

Just wanted to bring it to our (USA) attention.  The FAA needs to get their act together on this.  I have already put in our Petitioning for Exemption request and just recently our Inspire 1 has officially been registered (N801SG).  I do not mind playing by the rules as long as we have rules for our UASs.
2015-3-12
Use props
rjs21989
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2858701 ft
  • >>>
United States

drklion Posted at 2015-3-13 06:37
Just wanted to bring it to our (USA) attention.  The FAA needs to get their act together on this.  ...

Where did you find the FAA paperwork to get the exemption? Please don't say FAA.gov, I know that but where within their site.
2015-3-12
Use props
Abe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 524032 ft
  • >>>
United States

Characterizing Google ads on YouTube videos as "commercial" use of a UAV is really stretching the limits of the language. I'll bet this gets no traction from an enforcement perspective.
2015-3-12
Use props
drklion
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

rjs21989 Posted at 2015-3-13 08:23
Where did you find the FAA paperwork to get the exemption? Please don't say FAA.gov, I know that bu ...

This is a start: https://www.faa.gov/uas/legislat ... to_file_a_petition/  Its all red tape but if you look at other petitions you will get a better understanding.  http://www.regulations.gov/#!sea ... FAA;fp=true;ns=true
2015-3-12
Use props
ronnydsosa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21624 ft
United States

So let  me get this straight........ Someone filed a complaint about this ONE guy out of THOUSANDS if not MILLIONS of users who posts videos of their drones on YOUTUBE... ?? How did FAA got his address and real name to beguin with. (ok the guy was stupid enough to use his real name on youtube, Go figures) But even if thats the case i find this hard to believe... Very fishy story, the guy doesn't even have 1000 suscribers, Put all of his videos togthers and you not even close to a million views.... And you are telling me that FAA went after him for something thats not even againts any current LAWS OR REGULATIONS ????? YEAH OK.. THE SECRET SERVICE JUST CONFISCATED MY DRONE FOR  CALLING IT OBAMA.... Give me a break...
2015-3-12
Use props
rjs21989
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

drklion Posted at 2015-3-13 10:04
This is a start: https://www.faa.gov/uas/legislat ... to_file_a_petition/  Its all red tape but if  ...

Did you get your N number before you sent your exemption?
2015-3-12
Use props
Dangair
lvl.4

Canada

No it's ok for rich people and the government to make money anyway they seem fit but not a citizen. So they steal your rights and creat a law that prevents you from fair trade, your service and skill for money. I say FU Uncle Sam! Stick your made up regulations up your poop shutes!
2015-3-12
Use props
rfrye
lvl.4
United States

drklion Posted at 2015-3-13 06:37
Just wanted to bring it to our (USA) attention.  The FAA needs to get their act together on this.  ...

As I posted previously, Work the commercial authorization process backwards. See the COA or operations requirements once you get your authorization. You can see all these written applications and their respective COA's on the FAA website. These COA's are tough, if not impossible, to comply with if you have a specific date in mind for a job. I'm not telling you what to do. Just know what you are faced with once you get the authorization.
2015-3-13
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for the Post. Interesting.
2015-3-13
Use props
gizadog
lvl.2
United States

What is the FAA hiding from? I think they know UAV's will take business away from real pilots!

DON'T LET THE GOVERNMENT SPOOKS SCARE YOU!
2015-3-13
Use props
Inspire1flyer
lvl.2

United States

Seems to be clear using a drone for commercial purpose is illegal. But if Google is the putting the ads on users videos, then Google is at least in some part if not wholey the party responsible for any violation of law.  All we are doing is shooting a video and posting it on a social media site. Google then comes along and makes commercial use of it. That's not our fault. Point is get a large corporation involved here and the FAA won't be so large and in charge.
2015-3-13
Use props
drklion
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

rjs21989 Posted at 2015-3-13 11:11
Did you get your N number before you sent your exemption?

Everything was done at the same time.  Pick a N number, FAA should be able to confirm it online if it is taken or not, pay for it and then you start the registration process so the N number is attached to your UAS.  The waiver request took about 3 weeks to write up and then I submit it to the FAA online and mailed it as well.  From what I gather it takes 90-120 days till you hear back from the FAA.

Hope this helps.
2015-3-13
Use props
rjs21989
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

drklion Posted at 2015-3-14 03:03
Everything was done at the same time.  Pick a N number, FAA should be able to confirm it online if  ...

Thank you for the info
2015-3-13
Use props
joekeantang
lvl.4

United States

rfrye Posted at 2015-3-13 19:27
As I posted previously, Work the commercial authorization process backwards. See the COA or operat ...

How can you possibly summit dates for every day that you need to use your drone for work? can't imagine a last minute call to of someone asking you to shoot something will you not take the job? I think they have to move quicker and allow people make money  using drones.
2015-3-13
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Why are they harassing us? We are not bothering anyone! Drones are very useful and save the consumer a ton of money!
2015-3-13
Use props
Colonel Angus
lvl.4

United States

its saber rattling is all..

2015-3-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules