o(^-^)o
fans671b7bea
New
Flight distance : 134606 ft
United States

Hi

I have been getting a few issues with my P4

1st
The streaming keeps cutting out, sometimes for a few seconds, or the screen turns green. The other thing that started happening is the bottom half of the screen goes black cutting the video in half.

2nd
The controller wont charge fully. It shows me 3 lights after charging all night and when i fly, it lasts 15 20 minutes

I have tried the controller reset and the p4 has the latest software. What else should i try

I use the official charging hub and it charges the 3 batteries perfectly
2017-6-8
Use props
fans671b7bea
New
United States

Can anyone help?
2017-6-13
Use props
Driller35
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1106 ft
Thailand

Sorry but welcome to the club, i am on RC number three,  the last two would not fully charge, the first out of the box and the second after a 1.5 mths use and only got worse with time, u will have to contact customer support and get RMA number and send in
2017-6-14
Use props
Rodger8
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Try cycling the controller a few times. That is, discharge it completely and then recharge it. Rotate the charging plug a few times while it is in the socket. On the video are you just hovering in hot weather?
2017-6-14
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

I would recommend you send it in for repair,  http://www.dji.com/support
2017-6-14
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Just to clarify, was the transmission issue right out of the box or a firmware update? Did you just get the unit or have you had it for a while?  Did you get this from the DJI Website or from a dealer?
2017-6-14
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Just to clarify, was the transmission issue right out of the box or a firmware update? Did you just get the unit or have you had it for a while?  Did you get this from the DJI Website or from a dealer?
2017-6-14
Use props
fans671b7bea
New
United States

I have had the unit for a while probably about 5 months, I bought it from Amazon with amazon prime the issue started about 3 months ago but it wasn't a big deal, it would just glitch a little and fix itself. It started getting worse and worse with time and now I don't even want to fly it, scared of losing it
2017-6-15
Use props
fans671b7bea
New
United States

I have also updated the software everyone I got a notification to do so
2017-6-15
Use props
Crab Life
lvl.1
Flight distance : 768583 ft
United States

Welcome to the "you have to buy another controller club my friend" their is nothing you can do we have tried everything possible to get it to work their are hundreds of us that has to eat $289 for a new controller DJI junk and the reason why you just can't replace the battery because there isn't any for sale just have to hope they replace or fix your controller and I heard horror stories about that also good luck.
2017-6-15
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

fans671b7bea Posted at 2017-6-15 11:01
I have also updated the software everyone I got a notification to do so

When it was a smaller issue did you notice this after a firmware update, or did it seem random? The transmission could be linked to the RC, but it could be the mobile device or the aircraft itself.

Just to troubleshoot the transmission issue, what mobile device and Go app version are you running? What troubleshooting steps have you done so far? You may want to look into opening a case for both components just to fully address both issues on the safe side, but definitely for the RC.
2017-6-16
Use props
fans5a130477
New
United States

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2017-6-16
Use props
fans671b7bea
New
United States

It seems random and it helps with both my IPad and my Samsung galaxy s7 edge
It was happening with the go app and now with the go 4 app the version is v4.0.8 on iPad and on s7 edge 4.1.0
2017-6-16
Use props
Disrupt
lvl.2
Australia

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D368%26typeid%3D368

Have a google, there are at least 3 other threads, more developed then this one, all with no fix so far.
2017-6-16
Use props
Kennyv66
lvl.1
Flight distance : 53041 ft
United States

Mine will not charge past 79% any idea if DJI is going to charge us to repair yet another issue with the controllers?  I have 5.5 hours total on this bird and they replaced the first controller not long after I got it.
2019-5-6
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Kennyv66 Posted at 5-6 12:03
Mine will not charge past 79% any idea if DJI is going to charge us to repair yet another issue with the controllers?  I have 5.5 hours total on this bird and they replaced the first controller not long after I got it.

Try charging again with the RC switched on, I had a similar problem a while back and that seemed to sort out the charging for me. Why, I do not know, perhaps having a load on the battery helped balance or reset the charge indication.

Might be worth a shot, see if it makes any difference.
2019-5-6
Use props
Kennyv66
lvl.1
United States

Aardvark Posted at 5-6 13:10
Try charging again with the RC switched on, I had a similar problem a while back and that seemed to sort out the charging for me. Why, I do not know, perhaps having a load on the battery helped balance or reset the charge indication.

Thanks, I will
2019-5-7
Use props
Kennyv66
lvl.1
United States

Aardvark Posted at 5-6 13:10
Try charging again with the RC switched on, I had a similar problem a while back and that seemed to sort out the charging for me. Why, I do not know, perhaps having a load on the battery helped balance or reset the charge indication.

Yeah, that was a negative, but thanks!
2019-5-7
Use props
Chyna
lvl.1

United States

Crab Life Posted at 2017-6-15 16:14
Welcome to the "you have to buy another controller club my friend" their is nothing you can do we have tried everything possible to get it to work their are hundreds of us that has to eat $289 for a new controller DJI junk and the reason why you just can't replace the battery because there isn't any for sale just have to hope they replace or fix your controller and I heard horror stories about that also good luck.

Chinese  technology at its best...
2020-7-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules