Gyroscope Error
19015 39 2017-6-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansed1b7512
New
United States

Hello!
I recently was using my Phantom 3 standard and crashed into a tree.  When it crashed it ripped the flex cable and the camera popped apart at the bottom of the I believe it's called Yaw arm seperated.  Apparently it's magnetic so after watching a few youtube videos I put everything back together with a new flex cable and now when I start it I have a Gimbal gyroscope error.  It shows video out of the camera however the camera doesn't move at all.  I calibrated the IMU and it says normal?  I'm not sure what is wrong.  Sorry if I knew all the terms I could be more discriptive haha. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
IMG_2105.PNG
2017-6-8
Use props
fansed1b7512
New
United States

Here's what it looks like after I put the camera / flex cable back together just incase someone see's something obvious and stupid I missed.
IMG_2123.JPG
2017-6-8
Use props
fansed1b7512
New
United States

:/ anyone ?
2017-6-9
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Sorry, but that photo is just too poor to tell anything.
2017-6-9
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

I think the Gyroscope is placed in the cam. If the gyroscope is not connected to the gimbal main board  then the main board does not know how to control the gimbal motors and the cam does not moev. May be the flex cable is defect. try to use a new one.
2017-6-10
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Don't confuse a gyro for the gimbal with a gyro for the AC.
2017-6-10
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Germany

I meant the gimbal gyro,not the AC's gyro. The gimbal gyro is fitted in the cam,if i tought right.
2017-6-10
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

Have you tried calibrating the gimbal?
2017-6-10
Use props
fansed1b7512
New
United States

Yes I tried calibrating it.  You can hear the motor trying to turn or something It just doesn't
2017-6-10
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Germany

Can you turn the cam freely on all axises or in any motor blocked? If the motors are free then have a look for the cables from and to the gimbal .  Can you set the PID for the motors on the Go app over the gimbal menu?  May be the gimbal motors get to few power.
2017-6-10
Use props
fansed1b7512
New
United States

I ordered another flex cable just incase the one that I paid a ridiculously cheap amount for was bad.  I'll let you know the update later this coming week
2017-6-11
Use props
Tiho
lvl.2
Flight distance : 227274 ft
Croatia

Check this part http://www.ebay.com/itm/DJI-Phan ... 26sd%3D302052295206

Inspect small ESC board next to motor, sometimes gets crushed on impact.... open that small plastic hood... very carefully
2017-6-18
Use props
fans733a9e93
New
United States

Did you ever figure this out. As I am having the same exact issue. I am also getting the Gimbal Gyroscope error. I replaced the Flex cable with a OEM cable from DJI. My camera also popped off from the roll motor but I bonded it back togheter as shown in other repair videos found online. Now eveytime i start the Drone and Connect to the DJI GO App I get Video feed but I have no control or pitch over the camera. The gimbal doesnt even do the little dance at start up.  Any help would be appreciated.
2017-7-1
Use props
jerkweed
lvl.1
Flight distance : 474318 ft
United States

for what it's worth; I crashed mine and broke yaw arm and cable. Replaced both and the camera will not stop searching.  I had good video but the camera would not settle.  I ended up putting on a new camera/gimbal assembly .  Kind of expensive but it worked.
2017-7-5
Use props
drothwell
New

United States

Any updates appreciated.  I have the same issue.  Thinking it is a cheap flex cable I bought but not sure.  

Fans733a9393 did you solve the issue?
2017-8-13
Use props
Welshlad
New
United Kingdom

Same thing happened to me i had to replace the whole gimbal it cost me £200 for a new one
2017-8-20
Use props
fans34329b92
New
Flight distance : 35194 ft
United States

did you solve the problem for the "gimbal gyroscope error"?
2017-9-19
Use props
djiuser_cTFA1e5
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Has anyone solved this? I'm having the same problem as described above. Camera disconnected at roll arm, replaced ribbon cable and repaired roll arm motor. Full video feed but no control over camera and have gimbal gyroscope error.
2017-11-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_cTFA1e5 Posted at 2017-11-3 02:27
Has anyone solved this? I'm having the same problem as described above. Camera disconnected at roll arm, replaced ribbon cable and repaired roll arm motor. Full video feed but no control over camera and have gimbal gyroscope error.

Did you drone involve in crash or hard landing? I would recommend you to send it in for fully diagnosis and repair: http://www.dji.com/support
2017-11-3
Use props
djiuser_cTFA1e5
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-11-3 03:25
Did you drone involve in crash or hard landing? I would recommend you to send it in for fully diagnosis and repair: http://www.dji.com/support

Hi, yes it did and whilst I appreciate the suggestion I don't believe that would the most economical way of fixing the issue.

I am hoping for alternative suggestions before returning  it / replacing entire gimbal assembly.

Thanks
2017-11-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_cTFA1e5 Posted at 2017-11-3 04:47
Hi, yes it did and whilst I appreciate the suggestion I don't believe that would the most economical way of fixing the issue.

I am hoping for alternative suggestions before returning  it / replacing entire gimbal assembly.

Noted with thanks! Repair at the official service center and the performance can be ensured. I'll attach the part price list for your reference: https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/PriceQuery
2017-11-6
Use props
Ald0
lvl.1

Italy

Any fix for this issue? I have the same problem!
2018-6-7
Use props
Peterx
First Officer

The lens cover is not the culprit of the Gyroscope error but for the blurry pictures and clips
2018-6-7
Use props
Texas-Mark
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23002 ft
United States

Not sure if it's the problem, but there are some youtube videos out there that show how to make sure the positioning potentiometer is centered correctly. If it's not, the gimbal will never calibrate.
2018-6-7
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

WD9EON Posted at 2018-6-7 11:08
He did ask for "Any help"

He sure did, had you waited 1½ day to answer it you would have hit the one year delay with grace.
2018-6-8
Use props
ArithonUK
lvl.2
Flight distance : 23383 ft

United Kingdom

I purchased a second-hand DJI P3S from eBay which had a faulty gimbal, reporting the same "gyroscope error".
The previous owner had crashed it and replaced the gimbal cable with replica from eBay or Amazon (the cheap ones). It wasn't working. As has been said elsewhere on these forums, most of these cheap cables don't work.
I bought a OEM gimbal ribbon cable from a DJI reseller and fitted it and the gimbal now works.

So I'd say, where did you get your ribbon cable? If it was the £15 ($20) variety and not the £39 ($50) DJI branded version, then that is likely to be the cause of the issue.
2018-6-11
Use props
Thomas39
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-11-6 23:55
Noted with thanks! Repair at the official service center and the performance can be ensured. I'll attach the part price list for your reference: https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/PriceQuery

Nice parts list buuuuuuuut, no way to order. Can't find those things at the DJI website nor (big surprise here) no phone number for ordering or anything else. Only emails.

2019-6-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Thomas39 Posted at 6-5 20:19
Nice parts list buuuuuuuut, no way to order. Can't find those things at the DJI website nor (big surprise here) no phone number for ordering or anything else. Only emails.

Hi, yes, the part price list is for reference when you repair a drone at the official service center. So may I know what happened to your drone, please?
2019-6-5
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

jerkweed Posted at 2017-7-5 12:21
for what it's worth; I crashed mine and broke yaw arm and cable. Replaced both and the camera will not stop searching.  I had good video but the camera would not settle.  I ended up putting on a new camera/gimbal assembly .  Kind of expensive but it worked.

How did you crash your drone?
2019-6-6
Use props
Thomas39
lvl.1
United States

This is a common problem. The most common cause after the flex cable has been replaced is that the circuit board has cracked. I repair drones all the time and you'd be surprised at the people who replace their cables but, don't replace the circuit board if it's cracked.
2019-6-9
Use props
Thomas39
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 6-5 23:26
Hi, yes, the part price list is for reference when you repair a drone at the official service center. So may I know what happened to your drone, please?

Need a way to order the actual DJI parts. I buy DJI drones used and refurbished them. I am currently using 3rd party parts with no issues in the repairs but, I would prefer to use actual DJI branded parts. When I trade or sell these drones, the buyers know the parts used in the repairs are not DJI branded so,,,,,,,,,
2019-6-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Thomas39 Posted at 6-9 20:33
Need a way to order the actual DJI parts. I buy DJI drones used and refurbished them. I am currently using 3rd party parts with no issues in the repairs but, I would prefer to use actual DJI branded parts. When I trade or sell these drones, the buyers know the parts used in the repairs are not DJI branded so,,,,,,,,,

I'm sorry that there is no such plan for now as we do not suggest to disassemble the unit at your end. Hope for your understanding.
2019-6-13
Use props
Thomas39
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 6-13 00:13
I'm sorry that there is no such plan for now as we do not suggest to disassemble the unit at your end. Hope for your understanding.

Yeah, it's all good. Since my posting I actually located a vendor with parts compatible to the DJI Phantom 3 series. I have since disassembled my drone and repaired it. The drone now works as it did when it was brand new with all areas of operation in perfect working condition. DJI Customer service on the phone was pathetic and the so called "Assessment" was never done. To top it all off, the work assessment stated everything that needed replacing or repaired actually was in perfect condition and listed none of the things that needed fixing. DJI got caught in this sketchy maneuver because I sent in 2 drones for repair and they never expected anyone to have 2 drones at once needing repair. My recommendation to everyone in the drone community where I live is to become knowledgeable in drone repair and I have since passed out the information on the vendor I located with compatible parts for the DJI Phantom 3 series so I don't believe DJI's repair people will be receiving any calls from at least 276 people I know of here in my club and our club has decided to move to another brand for future purchases due to poor customer service and assessment team at DJI. This wil be my last post in these forums. Good day.
2019-6-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Thomas39 Posted at 6-21 19:28
Yeah, it's all good. Since my posting I actually located a vendor with parts compatible to the DJI Phantom 3 series. I have since disassembled my drone and repaired it. The drone now works as it did when it was brand new with all areas of operation in perfect working condition. DJI Customer service on the phone was pathetic and the so called "Assessment" was never done. To top it all off, the work assessment stated everything that needed replacing or repaired actually was in perfect condition and listed none of the things that needed fixing. DJI got caught in this sketchy maneuver because I sent in 2 drones for repair and they never expected anyone to have 2 drones at once needing repair. My recommendation to everyone in the drone community where I live is to become knowledgeable in drone repair and I have since passed out the information on the vendor I located with compatible parts for the DJI Phantom 3 series so I don't believe DJI's repair people will be receiving any calls from at least 276 people I know of here in my club and our club has decided to move to another brand for future purchases due to poor customer service and assessment team at DJI. This wil be my last post in these forums. Good day.

Sorry about that. We're keeping learning and offering a better experience for our valued customers. If it is convenient, we'd like to have these case numbers for investigation, thanks so much!
2019-6-22
Use props
Thomas39
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 6-22 01:20
Sorry about that. We're keeping learning and offering a better experience for our valued customers. If it is convenient, we'd like to have these case numbers for investigation, thanks so much!

CAS-3128174-D2B2D1
CAS-3119497-X7R3Y9

No problem.
The drones themselves were perfectly fine.
The flex cables on both were broken in two.
One drone had the 2 tiny power wires to the gimbal assembly  ripped in half.
On the drone with the good power cables I had camera connection but no gimbal conrol on either camera.

None of this was mentioned in the assessment report which is how I know the assessment wasn't done.
Further more I got an email stating the parts in the assessment report were the parts recommended by the team for the drones to meet factory specifications. This in itself is Bull**** because those parts weren't defective or broken. If this wasn't enough, DJI tried to charge me over $100 each in repairs to both drones before work could be done. Repairs that were not needed. So yeah, DJI can suck it. I'm going Yuneec. Their Typhoon class may not have the range of the Phantom but who in their right mind is going to send a drone out using 55% or better of the battery then expect to get back. Simple math. %50 percent out means %50 percent to get back. Head wind means more battery needed. Tail wind means less battery needed. Only a moron would use %75 of the battery to reach point B then expect nothing to happen when trying to fly back.
2019-6-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Thomas39 Posted at 6-22 16:16
CAS-3128174-D2B2D1
CAS-3119497-X7R3Y9

The quotation was offered according to the damage assessment, and we'll test and fly after repairing it. You may check the price list here: https://repair.dji.com/repair/price-inquiry
If you do not want to repair, we'll return the unit unrepaired, hope for your understanding.
2019-6-23
Use props
Thomas39
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 6-23 23:19
The quotation was offered according to the damage assessment, and we'll test and fly after repairing it. You may check the price list here: https://repair.dji.com/repair/price-inquiry
If you do not want to repair, we'll return the unit unrepaired, hope for your understanding.

The quotation and damage assessment was wrong to begin with because for one I told DJI what I needed repairing and two, I was being told I had to pay for repairs I neither needed nor wanted.
No need to test fly, they flew fine. I only wanted the cameras fixed. Moot point now anyhow, I got them back and fixed them myself.
2019-6-29
Use props
Thomas39
lvl.1
United States

This is easy. Don't send it to DJI for repairs. You wil get this big bogus damage assessment saying you need this and this fixed. That you have to pay for this and that before the repair begins. You'll be lucky if they even list what is actually wrong with it. My strong advice,,,, go to Amazon and just buy the whole new replacement camera. The gimbal and all is there. there are 2 tiny screws you'll have to take out to get to 2 skinny wires that have to be unplugged to hook the new one up but, it really is that simple. The new camera will run you around $300 or so. It's the whole thing from the camera up to the big square box under the drone.
2019-6-29
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Thomas39 Posted at 6-29 04:04
The quotation and damage assessment was wrong to begin with because for one I told DJI what I needed repairing and two, I was being told I had to pay for repairs I neither needed nor wanted.
No need to test fly, they flew fine. I only wanted the cameras fixed. Moot point now anyhow, I got them back and fixed them myself.

The damage assessment follows the factory rules so that the performance will be ensured, and I'm sorry that it might be different from your personal judge. At present, both cases have been returned unrepaired, you may receive them soon.
2019-6-30
Use props
fans94f68c14
lvl.4
Flight distance : 716375 ft
Argentina

Hola. Yo tuve el error "Gimbal Gyroscope Error" en dos Phantom 3 Standard. Probé 4 flex no originales y ninguno funcionó en ninguno de los dos drones. Luego compré 2 flex originales dji y ambos drones funcionaron. Como profesional técnico de drones recomiendo usar sólo flex originales dji. No compren flex no originales.
Saludos. mauriciocruzdrones.com
2019-7-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules