Android App disconnets!?
685 2 2017-6-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansc3bca757
lvl.1
United States

Hi all,

Just got my mavic pro 3days ago. And have question. I am currently using samsung galaxy s8 plus, and eveytime when im flying app disconnects from DJI GO 4 app.and have to reopen app. Is this normal??
Apple products do the same? Or apple products better??

Thanks in advance.
2017-6-8
Use props
Xman1
lvl.4

United States

Can I ask if you have limited any of its permissions and if you have location on when you fly?

Have you shut down all background applications?

Have you forced closed any unneeded apps that are persistant in the background?
2017-6-8
Use props
Oglo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 181693 ft
Australia

I don't have any of these problems on a HTC. Sorry to hear about all of yours. Maybe you are already doing it, but I do the following -

# Check that your USB connectors are absolutely in good condition.
# Look for interference sources near you i.e. cell towers & high voltage power lines.
# In Android control panel(settings), go to battery settings and turn on battery optimisation of all apps, this is designed to extend battery by killing background apps starting up, optimising/killing them. Optimise all apps, but then un-optimise DJI GO. It has the advantage of killing unnecessary background apps starting up while you are flying. You only have to do this once, checking occasionally that new apps or updates haven't changed this setting.
           Before each flight session:
# Always run in airplane mode. Explicitly turn off WiFi & cell data as well.
#  In Android control panel go to Storage, select the internal storage, and clean/delete cache.
# Get an App task killer like AVG, always kill as many/all apps before starting DJI Go.(make sure you don't set off a scan while doing this)
# Close every open App.(this is different to killing apps)
# Turn on GPS after doing above.
# once your phone is clean of other apps and empty cache, start up RC then DJI GO.

Good luck
2017-6-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules