Camera is supposed to get warm?
1112 2 2015-3-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Inspire1flyer
lvl.2

United States

hey today I was bench testing my I1 and using the simulator. This lasted about 15 min. When I was finished, I noticed my camera was hot as I was removing it from the bird. Not too hot to touch, but quite warm.  I haven't noticed it doing this before.. Can anyone tell me if they have noticed this with their's.  Other notes, I was doing this with a new TB48 battery.. All other bench tests were done using the stock TB47. So not sure if the increased  voltage had anything to do with it.. The battery is on its first charging cycle and appears to be functional and normal readings. And the other issue I had was the bird refused to go into travel mode. I had to power cycle things a few times before it eventually went into travel mode.. I will do some more bench testing to see what things are like using the stock battery and post a follow up. I like the stock batteries better and would have bought them, but my local dealer was out..
2015-3-12
Use props
steve2909
lvl.2

Australia

Yes! The camera can get quite warm when it is static and switched on even with the internal fan cooling it down. When its out flying it obviously will be cool due to the airflow in flight. I saw a post where somebody had checked the temperature of their camera whilst switched  on and in static position using an IR camera and it was showing the camera's temp as 45 degrees c.
2015-3-12
Use props
Inspire1flyer
lvl.2

United States

Thanks Steve!
2015-3-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules