Inspire 2 loose rattling propellors
2196 19 2017-6-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans8eec6a8e
New
United States

Having the worst DJI experience ever. Been professionaly drone operating on DJI products for years now. Bought a brand new Inspire 2 raw kit in late April 2017 and the red propellors were loose right out of the box. I contacted DJI about the Inspire 2's propellors being loose. I had seen plenty of early threads and videos where tons of users were in the same situation. After 2 weeks propellors came with foam on the inside of the cap. That didn't solve the issue, new quick locks came, that didn't solve the issue. Finally they convinced me if I sent in the unit they would replace it, sadly they said they fixed it, declined a new model being sent out and sent me my unit back after 2 weeks of holding it all to my dismay with 8 additional foam propellors which all are still loose and rattily. The remote wasn't secured properly when being sent back from Cerritos, CA and there now seems to be something loose inside of it. DJI just advises me to fly with a loose rattily propellor and sent me a how to guide on how to use superglue to increase the gage size of the propellor to secure a tighter fit. I wonder what the FAA would think if they heard that? Someone please advise. I've probably spent 24 hours total on chat and tech support calls. Hopefully somone high up at DJI reads this that cares about there professional family.

2017-6-8
Use props
I 2 Fly
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8176 ft
South Africa

One would have thought that DJI would have sorted this out by now....  Really very poor if taken into account that the I2 is a flagship product and a very expensive one too!  To put foam in the caps of the props is not a solution at all as it does not address the problem.  I bought my I2 in 2016 and had the loose prop issue - also got the foam replacements (which only lasted while the foam was firm!).  I gave up and fixed it myself.  :-(
2017-6-9
Use props
Viral Appetite
New
United States

I 2 Fly Posted at 2017-6-9 01:05
One would have thought that DJI would have sorted this out by now....  Really very poor if taken into account that the I2 is a flagship product and a very expensive one too!  To put foam in the caps of the props is not a solution at all as it does not address the problem.  I bought my I2 in 2016 and had the loose prop issue - also got the foam replacements (which only lasted while the foam was firm!).  I gave up and fixed it myself.  :-(

Wow, I have thought about that too.  That's unacceptable though. I'm going to have to go a legal route to wake these guys up. I have documentation of them telling me it can't be returned after 7-8 days. If they want to act like that because we bought it from their store, then they can fumble behind the scenes with disputes. You should really not accept that, for such an expensive kit thats not ok.
2017-6-9
Use props
DS924
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4028425 ft
United States

I'm switching over to these as soon as they arrive. Maybe I won't have to deal with DJI about this problem.     http://www.ebay.com/itm/33225126 ... =STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT   
2017-6-9
Use props
fans6fe4a4a6
lvl.4
Flight distance : 308642 ft
United States

DJI why don't you chime in on this and let us know what you plane on doing about this problem. Your faithful customers want to and deserve to know.
2017-6-9
Use props
Viral Appetite
New
United States

DS924 Posted at 2017-6-9 12:05
I'm switching over to these as soon as they arrive. Maybe I won't have to deal with DJI about this problem.     http://www.ebay.com/itm/332251265960?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Permanently attached? That becomes a problem when traveling around the world with it, and run and gun shooting. Plus, thats unacceptable for DJI to treat their professional family like that. They act like I paid them cash and they have me over a barrel. Will have to seek alternatives. The sad part is, other stores like B&H or Samy's would have replaced it, but lesson learned buying directly from their store.
2017-6-9
Use props
DS924
lvl.4
United States

Viral Appetite  Posted at 2017-6-9 14:31
Permanently attached? That becomes a problem when traveling around the world with it, and run and gun shooting. Plus, thats unacceptable for DJI to treat their professional family like that. They act like I paid them cash and they have me over a barrel. Will have to seek alternatives. The sad part is, other stores like B&H or Samy's would have replaced it, but lesson learned buying directly from their store.

I don't disagree with anything you said but I'd kinda like to fly in the meantime.
2017-6-9
Use props
JoePGM
lvl.3
Flight distance : 391293 ft
United Kingdom

sorry mate and I have the same experience of rattling props on my brand new I2 DJI insist the rattling props will not affect flight behaviour and safe

if you buy a BMW with wheel vibration, even it is still running in straight line, will you think the car is safe?
2017-6-10
Use props
Viral Appetite
New
United States

JoePGM Posted at 2017-6-10 00:31
sorry mate and I have the same experience of rattling props on my brand new I2 DJI insist the rattling props will not affect flight behaviour and safe

if you buy a BMW with wheel vibration, even it is still running in straight line, will you think the car is safe?

I said the same thing Joe, loose propellors, isn't that the same as loose lugs? Crazy.
2017-6-12
Use props
AmateurTom
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2333 ft
United States

DJI Corporate exec's fly daily , in company helicopters with loose fitting or worn main rotor parts.    Company engineers said everything is fine, no need to worry about the vibration..........
2017-6-12
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
Australia

How many months has this issue been on now? Is it too difficult to fix by DJI. Too many people are spending too much of their time on this issue. Hope DJI knows that this is important to their reputation and brand loyalty.
2017-6-12
Use props
JoePGM
lvl.3
Flight distance : 391293 ft
United Kingdom

Here are the reply from DJI RND engineer:

Dear sir, I am sorry that the prop is rattle. The prop in your Youtube Video is safe for normal operation. If you would like to solve the rattle noise,  you can try to put two pieces of foam together, and see if that could solve your problem.

And here are DJI CS:

Joe, please refer to the above which replied by our R&D engineer. Rattling sound is normal and will not affect fly performance at all, please don't worry about that.
2017-6-12
Use props
JBSonic
lvl.4
Flight distance : 779019 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DTK Posted at 2017-6-12 20:44
How many months has this issue been on now? Is it too difficult to fix by DJI. Too many people are spending too much of their time on this issue. Hope DJI knows that this is important to their reputation and brand loyalty.

This issue has persisted for over 6 months now.
And I like the response from the engineer, it is not entirely true though.
YES you can fly with the rattle props and it will be fine most likely, but there is an increased risk of the rattling causing excess vibration to the airframe, in rare, severe cases, this can lead to damage, but that is very unlikely, that is true.

Anyhow, I hope this gets resolved at some point this year
Edit: Just to confirm, all the props rattle, everybody has the same issue and you can not buy upgraded ones, you just get more rattle props.
2017-6-13
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
Australia

I stay with my trusted I1. Don't want to give away money for headache, that is what it is with I2. Yes, it flies well if the props are well fitted. Yes, its technologies are amazing. Yes, it cameras/software are great. But all these monies and it does not work well as a whole. DJI is not there to support their own products then I have my reservation.
2017-6-13
Use props
Craignos
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5574954 ft
  • >>>
Canada

DS924 Posted at 2017-6-9 12:05
I'm switching over to these as soon as they arrive. Maybe I won't have to deal with DJI about this problem.     http://www.ebay.com/itm/332251265960?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

1. that would definitely void the warranty
2. do you trust screws with the vibrations?

They do look nice, and maybe over-priced.
Let us know how your machine flies with them when you get them!
2017-6-13
Use props
DS924
lvl.4
United States

Craignos Posted at 2017-6-13 14:48

I completely "get" your point about the warranty, although the warranty doesn't mean much without the service to back it up - and this forum is chock full of complaints about DJI service and customers not being responded to at all.  Since there are starting to be other avenues besides DJI for repair service and the warranty is pretty short-lived anyway it's not as convincing a reason (to me, anyway) to ignore other avenues.

I received my props and adapters today and I immediately changed out the stock props for the "fixed" carbon fiber ones. The CF props are smoother and seem to cut the air a little better - I haven't flown enough with them to be sure.  The aircraft is rock-solid though.

I used Loc-tite blue on the threads and the screws do go in very tight  l'll have to check them before each flight but I'm less nervous about that than I was about about how quickly the "give" in my stock prop-mounts seemed to progress - and I think the current design of quick-release props is going to result in more parts changes than I want to deal with.

I realize that transporting the I2 with propellers fixed would be a big problem for some but it isn't a problem for me right now.

2017-6-15
Use props
Craignos
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5574954 ft
  • >>>
Canada

DS924 Posted at 2017-6-15 16:17
I completely "get" your point about the warranty, although the warranty doesn't mean much without the service to back it up - and this forum is chock full of complaints about DJI service and customers not being responded to at all.  Since there are starting to be other avenues besides DJI for repair service and the warranty is pretty short-lived anyway it's not as convincing a reason (to me, anyway) to ignore other avenues.

I received my props and adapters today and I immediately changed out the stock props for the "fixed" carbon fiber ones. The CF props are smoother and seem to cut the air a little better - I haven't flown enough with them to be sure.  The aircraft is rock-solid though.

I hear you. On the Inspire 2 it's definitely the weak point (with the USB door).
I guess is you took a small battery powered screw driver it would make it easy to set the props on and off.
They do look slick and fast, no doubt

Alright DJI, time to take in consideration a design improvement on that!

2017-6-20
Use props
DS924
lvl.4
United States

Craignos Posted at 2017-6-20 08:08
I hear you. On the Inspire 2 it's definitely the weak point (with the USB door).
I guess is you took a small battery powered screw driver it would make it easy to set the props on and off.
They do look slick and fast, no doubt

Actually, I used hand tools to install the prop mounts and props, wanting to "feel" the tension in the screws. Believe me - I gave much thought to the possibility of stripping heads and threads, as well as screws vibrating loose. I really don't think the screws are more likely to vibrate loose from this installation than they would be with the installation of the factory prop mounts. Any pressure on the screws will always be in one direction - the direction opposite of rotation, right?

I've exhausted 3 sets of batteries 4 times now and I find no sign that the screws are loosening.

I'm still inclined to believe that the current factory prop/prop mount design will always work itself loose in short order after each "fix." I'd love to be proven wrong, though, since it is so much more convenient to just pop those props on and off.
2017-6-22
Use props
Viral Appetite
New
United States

Fellow, drone pilots. After much headache, I got DJI to send me a new Inspire 2 replacement. They also sent me a bunch of propellors and an assortment of locks. Straight out of the box the replacement Inspire 2 had loose propellors. I believe every Inspire 2 is like this, for those who don't think theirs is effected, they just don't know what the issue is. I have an Inspire 1 V.2 and the locks are very similar and they are loose as well. The factories making the locks are not doing DJI justice. I applied 527 glue to the base of the propellor lock with amazing results, its better then stock. I'm going to do this to every lock, even the white locks. Please see video and listen with audio turned up.
2017-6-27
Use props
DS924
lvl.4
United States

Craignos Posted at 2017-6-13 14:48

I'm happy to report that after about 20 hours of additional flying the screwed-in props I've installed have not loosened one single bit; and the aircraft performs flawlessly.

I think these props are perfectly safe and I love them..
2017-9-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules