Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gulfstream
lvl.4
Flight distance : 98996 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-BladeStrike Posted at 2017-6-12 07:48
To all that have provided mature feedback.. Thank you.

I have brought this to the proper peoples attention. Lets please give it some time. I have voiced why this is so important to our users. I do apologize for any trouble this has caused you!

Hi BladeStrike and DJI Thor,
Apologies if you've already seen this, however I think it re-enforces the position of a large percentage of commercial operators on this forum. Any help / influence you can provide would without question, be of tremendous help! - http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... D386%26typeid%3D386

Thank you!
2017-6-13
Use props
fans20b4b055
lvl.2
United States

DJI-BladeStrike Posted at 2017-6-12 07:48
To all that have provided mature feedback.. Thank you.

I have brought this to the proper peoples attention. Lets please give it some time. I have voiced why this is so important to our users. I do apologize for any trouble this has caused you!

Is this feature going to be brought back.?Seems like one more reason not to do the upgrade (DJI has given us plenty already). So many headaches and I haven't even received my drone yet... ugh.
2017-6-13
Use props
Heir InVioLable
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3963865 ft
  • >>>
United States

Speaking hypothetically if a forced SMART RTH crashes,   will DJI pick up the tab?  (for the record I personally think it's just a matter of time)
2017-6-14
Use props
fans20b4b055
lvl.2
United States

Yes - please do return this feature to the app.
2017-6-14
Use props
J. Reddington
New

United States

Please add me to the growing list of people who request this feature to be restored (along with correcting the poor video feed). Thank you.
2017-6-14
Use props
Gulfstream
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Has anyone heard any updates about this issue at all?
2017-6-16
Use props
mortenp
lvl.2
Flight distance : 905171 ft
Denmark

I frequently fly between and under trees and branches, following the phantom and keeping an eye on it, not on the screen. An automatic return to home would make the phantom fly up into the canopies, so I always disable it. I can only imagine the result when the aircraft suddenly starts automatically ascending, or tries to return to my home point somewhere between the trees. Even a few metres would be catastrophic. I'm not sure my reactions would be fast enough to stop it
2017-6-18
Use props
Nelsonlee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2779203 ft
  • >>>
Malaysia

The Smart Return to Home is back!
DJI has just release latest DJI GO 4 version 4.1.2 both for Android and IOS devices, I just installed on my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge and checked it's back to the latest version.

Screenshot_20170618-171451.jpg Screenshot_20170618-171500.jpg
2017-6-18
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nelsonlee Posted at 2017-6-18 01:14
The Smart Return to Home is back!
DJI has just release latest DJI GO 4 version 4.1.2 both for Android and IOS devices, I just installed on my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge and checked it's back to the latest version.

You beat me to it

I have just checked my latest versions of DJI Go 4 (V4.1.2) on Android (Nexus 7 2013, Android V6.0.1) and my iPhone 6s plus & iPad 9.7 (both running IOS 10.3.2).

With my Phantom 4 (not Pro' or Advanced) I can switch 'smart return to home' on or off.
2017-6-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Yes it's fixed , that was quick, good job brianKushner..
2017-6-18
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41420253 ft
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-6-18 03:15
Yes it's fixed , that was quick, good job brianKushner..

Ha..it's not back on my P4P????
2017-6-18
Use props
jctarvin
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Gosh, I love Litchi more and more every day!
2017-6-18
Use props
kykphantom
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5892388 ft
Cyprus

BrianKushner Posted at 2017-6-18 10:40

Not for me too???
2017-6-18
Use props
Gulfstream
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

BrianKushner Posted at 2017-6-18 10:40

Concur not back on my P4P either.
2017-6-19
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

Aardvark Posted at 2017-6-18 02:11
You beat me to it

I have just checked my latest versions of DJI Go 4 (V4.1.2) on Android (Nexus 7 2013, Android V6.0.1) and my iPhone 6s plus & iPad 9.7 (both running IOS 10.3.2).

Weird. Just deleted the 4.1.2 App from my iPad 5th gen. because it still was not showing the RTH button in Battery, then uploaded it again from the App Store (it had the Cloud icon on it, so I could only access the version stored in the Cloud of my iPad, and the RTH button showed, as I was hoping. BUT... as soon as I turned on the aircraft and the RC, and turned on the App again, it has disappeared again. Is it possible that this was triggered by the firmware in the Aircraft and RC?  Can you confirm that it still shows in your iPhone & iPad? And did you make the firmware updates?
2017-6-19
Use props
Alxy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 84350 ft
Switzerland

Antonio76 Posted at 2017-6-19 10:38
Weird. Just deleted the 4.1.2 App from my iPad 5th gen. because it still was not showing the RTH button in Battery, then uploaded it again from the App Store (it had the Cloud icon on it, so I could only access the version stored in the Cloud of my iPad, and the RTH button showed, as I was hoping. BUT... as soon as I turned on the aircraft and the RC, and turned on the App again, it has disappeared again. Is it possible that this was triggered by the firmware in the Aircraft and RC?  Can you confirm that it still shows in your iPhone & iPad? And did you make the firmware updates?

So it is in the app when drone is not connected, but once connected it disappears? May be it is firmware version dependant now and the latest firmware does not support disabling it?
2017-6-19
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Antonio76 Posted at 2017-6-19 10:38

Still there on my iPad pro & 6s plus, but bear in mind this is on a P4, not P4P or P4A. As yet there have been no recent firmware updates for the P4, although DJI confirmed that one is coming 'soon'.

I notice that when DJI Go 4 initialises it 'checks version status' (or words to that effect). So looks like it is checking firmware builds. So Smart Return to Home toggle is either intentionally omitted (and I can see no reason why), or some code in the firmware/App' is causing it to malfunction, it wouldn't be the first time.
2017-6-19
Use props
rparge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 173852 ft
United States

This is for Android - I went out to an APK mirror site and found the GO 4 version 4.06.
So on the about screen I am showing:
App - 4.0.6, version 01.04.0602, RC - 01.04.01.00, AC DB - 1.0.14

And I have the Smart Return to Home, and it is turned off.

Then I use an iOS device w/the latest, and it is not, there, but when I go back to the Android, it is there and still turned off.

Don't know what all that means, but if you Android, try that?
2017-6-19
Use props
Gulfstream
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

rparge Posted at 2017-6-19 16:04
This is for Android - I went out to an APK mirror site and found the GO 4 version 4.06.
So on the about screen I am showing:
App - 4.0.6, version 01.04.0602, RC - 01.04.01.00, AC DB - 1.0.14

Thank you! I'll try this tonight.
2017-6-19
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Denmark

Alxy Posted at 2017-6-19 12:13
So it is in the app when drone is not connected, but once connected it disappears? May be it is firmware version dependant now and the latest firmware does not support disabling it?

Once it has disappeared, it does not show up again with the aircraft/RC disconnected. So, yes, I think the newest firmware disables it permanently. But since for me  this is not really relevant, I'm not going to experiment with downgrading the firmware or reinstalling the App. I'm not flying commercially nor long range, but I understand that for some / many this IS an important issue and DJI should fix it - and explain with more detail what is being fixed / changed / added / eliminated in each  firmware and App update.
2017-6-19
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Denmark

Aardvark Posted at 2017-6-19 12:56
Still there on my iPad pro & 6s plus, but bear in mind this is on a P4, not P4P or P4A. As yet there have been no recent firmware updates for the P4, although DJI confirmed that one is coming 'soon'.

I notice that when DJI Go 4 initialises it 'checks version status' (or words to that effect). So looks like it is checking firmware builds. So Smart Return to Home toggle is either intentionally omitted (and I can see no reason why), or some code in the firmware/App' is causing it to malfunction, it wouldn't be the first time.

I think one of the moderators recently said it was a deliberate actio. Still , like you, I don't understand why.
2017-6-19
Use props
Gulfstream
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

RESOLVED! after quick call to DJI Tech Support for me the issue was resolved by deleting the DJIGO4 app, fully shutting down the device / restarting. Download/Install DJIGO4 and Launch!

The tech mentioned that in a few cases it's also required a firmware refresh via the DJI Assistant as well. So far so good here though.
2017-6-21
Use props
kykphantom
Second Officer
Cyprus

Gulfstream Posted at 2017-6-21 05:06
RESOLVED! after quick call to DJI Tech Support for me the issue was resolved by deleting the DJIGO4 app, fully shutting down the device / restarting. Download/Install DJIGO4 and Launch!

The tech mentioned that in a few cases it's also required a firmware refresh via the DJI Assistant as well. So far so good here though.

Can you please explain what it is resolved?
2017-6-21
Use props
PISPAS
lvl.1
Flight distance : 25016 ft
Spain

Hi everyone. New here.
Same issue with SMARTRTH, NOT SHOWING UP, SO NOT ABLE TO VERIFY IT'S STATUS.
file:///C:/Users/Ignacio/Downloads/Screenshot_20170622-112430.png
P4P, firmware version AIRCRAFT 01.04.0602, RC - 01.04.01.00  DJI GO 4.1.2 INSTALLED AFTER FIRMWARE UPDATES. (DELETED 4.1.0, THEN INSTALLED 4.1.2)
NOW, TAKE A LOOK AT THE CREENSHOT
file:///C:/Users/Ignacio/Downloads/Screenshot_20170622-112758.png
2017-6-22
Use props
PISPAS
lvl.1
Spain

Sorry, it seems i don't know how to upload pictures properly. Screenshot about.jpg Screenshot battery status.jpg

2017-6-22
Use props
PISPAS
lvl.1
Spain

Version field is empty, and aircraft database reads 00000000  
2017-6-22
Use props
PISPAS
lvl.1
Spain

I've just refreshed the aircraft's firmware, no changes..... Any thoughts? DJI support???
2017-6-22
Use props
PISPAS
lvl.1
Spain

Well, so far i did the following:
Downgraded ac fw to 01.03.0509
Uninstalled dji go 4.1.2
removed the folders remaining in my sony xperia z3(android 6.01)
sof reseted phone
Installed dji go 4.07

At this point the app recognizes the ac fw version, and says it needs update. BUT THE SMART RTH FUNCTION REMAINS GONE!
I'm now upgrading the ac fw to 01.04......  Then I'll update the app and seee what happens.
2017-6-23
Use props
fansa9c2bef7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 345827 ft
  • >>>
United States

The ability to turn off Smart RTH is critical to users who fly autonomous flights. I understand that apps like Litchi are 3rd party and therefore not DJI's 'problem', however there are uses for this app that don't break any 'rules' and are helpful to commercial pilots. For example; If a client wants their construction site evaluated over the course of the construction period, and they want the same route flown for each segment, the Litchi app is perfect for that. I know you can fly the way points on the DJI go app, but it's not that user friendly and  I usually design these types of missions off site to save time while I'm on location and minimize the time the UAV is in the air (which is always a good thing). If there were an official DJI app that rivaled Litchi, I'd use that instead.

I just read a radio tech magazine that discusses UAV uses as it relates to radio tower inspections. The article mentions that, in the coming years,  the pilot, their employer and THE DRONE MANUFACTURER  could be held liable for any incident. Perhaps this is part of the thought process with these restrictive new firmware updates. However, It's my belief that the company only makes and sells the product. They can NOT be held responsible for what the user does with that product. Similar to firearms, which are meant to do damage, the user is the only responsible party.  I would urge DJI to allow us users to do what we desire with our property (which is what the UAV is once we purchase it).  Let the user be responsible for their own actions. If they run afoul of the law or regulations, it is their fault - not DJI's.

Too many are operating under the "what if" scenario. You can be "what if'd" right out of business, especially when I know of no incidents that everyone is supposed to be so scared of.
That's no way to live and no way to push this industry forward.

I like to keep my firmware up-to-date and I've updated my P4P. I admit I don't like the fact that I 'must' sign into my DJI account or the operations of the UAV will be severely limited. What if I'm unable to sign in for any reason? I often use the aircraft where cell service is not stable or even available. That, plus the loss of the smart RTH feature mean that I will NOT update the firmware on my P3 4K. I use this aircraft with Litchi most often and I'm fearful that it won't operate any longer with the new update. I'd love to use the higher quality aircraft (P4P) with Litchi, but that's probably not possible now.

Again, I bought the product from you for a specific purpose, open it up and let me worry about my own actions. I don't need to add DJI to the list of agencies who are on my back about this endeavor. There are plenty of those already.
2017-6-25
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

PISPAS Posted at 2017-6-23 01:57
Well, so far i did the following:
Downgraded ac fw to 01.03.0509
Uninstalled dji go 4.1.2

Just as a thought have you tried it with the aircraft outside, perhaps it needs to set the Home point first (Good GPS/GLONASS) to activate ? I can't test for myself at the moment.

Post http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... &fromuid=154551 refers to my current position with my P4 (not Pro or Adv').
2017-6-25
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I flew a mile and a half yesterday out over Delaware Bay, started filming and WHAM return to home kicks in.  69% battery. I canceled it after ruing my shot and flew another mile or so and headed home with about 34% battery and landed with about 26%. Had a nice tail wind, something the Smart (although it's not) RTH can't factor. DJI Needs to put this back!
2017-6-25
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

anything on this?
2017-6-26
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-6-12 21:27
Hi Thor

I would hope that DJI R&D team could reconsider this feature , a lot of us use this toggle to override the smart RTH in some situations

THere is a new App update that says bug fixes...haven't checked but wondering if this returns the choice of Smart RTH...#wishful thinking
2017-6-27
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Denmark

BrianKushner Posted at 2017-6-27 08:27
THere is a new App update that says bug fixes...haven't checked but wondering if this returns the choice of Smart RTH...#wishful thinking

Just downloaded it (v 4.1.3), no RTH choice in the Battery tab...
2017-6-27
Use props
kykphantom
Second Officer
Cyprus

Antonio76 Posted at 2017-6-27 09:51
Just downloaded it (v 4.1.3), no RTH choice in the Battery tab...

I deleted the DJI Go App 4 from my iPhone first and then downloaded and installed the new updated version 4.1.3. With RC and A/C switched off, I run the DJI Go App 4 and I noticed that the RTH choice in the Battery tab was there. However, when I switched on both RC and A/C, the option was not there anymore.
2017-6-27
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Denmark

kykphantom Posted at 2017-6-27 11:20
I deleted the DJI Go App 4 from my iPhone first and then downloaded and installed the new updated version 4.1.3. With RC and A/C switched off, I run the DJI Go App 4 and I noticed that the RTH choice in the Battery tab was there. However, when I switched on both RC and A/C, the option was not there anymore.

I didn'† see it even with the RC and aircraft disconnected... But I just updated from the Apple  App Store, without deleting the App from the iPad first... I think there is something in the latest firmware updates that "deletes" it...
2017-6-27
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13982031 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I deleted the Go4 app 4.1.3. from my iPad and reinstalled it. Started the app only and RTH was there.
Switched on the RC (AC was off) and it went away.
That must be a bug - in the RC software? It makes no sense at all.

Too bad todays update 4.1.3 with 330MB in bug fixes didn't include this one.
RTH.jpg
2017-6-27
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I'm afraid this is never coming back....
2017-6-27
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Eric13 Posted at 2017-6-27 11:59
I deleted the Go4 app 4.1.3. from my Ipad and reinstalled it. Started the app only and RTH was there.
Switched on the RC (AC was off) and it went away.
That must be a bug - in the RC software? It makes no sense at all.

I have seen this before in the Go App's.... because they have so many aircraft that use the same program. Once you connect the aircraft to the DJI Go App it will activate the items that are used according to the FW and hard coded devices.

Rich
2017-6-27
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13982031 ft
  • >>>
Germany

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-6-27 13:35
I have seen this before in the Go App's.... because they have so many aircraft that use the same program. Once you connect the aircraft to the DJI Go App it will activate the items that are used according to the FW and hard coded devices.

Rich

"Once you connect the aircraft to the DJI Go App it will activate the items that are used according to the FW..."

Well - that's not the case here: All you need to do to make the RTH entry disappear from the app is switching on the RC.
Now I'm curious who can explain the logic of this.

2017-6-27
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules