Gain & Expo Tuning
5949 5 2015-3-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Thorbjorn
lvl.2

Sweden

I try to make my sticks to work softer. And change the setting in Gain & Expo Tuning.

I fell no difference what ever value i use.

Sombody have same experience?
2015-3-12
Use props
bvinisky
lvl.3

United States

I've my basic gain settings all set at 75. I think pitch and roll were at 90 originally, but I found this too sharp & aggressive for filming anything up close with slow precision and ended up dropping their values to achieve much smoother control.

If you haven't already, you might try testing out the adjustments with the simulator. I haven't used it extensively, but did try out the changes there and didn't really get a good feel for the difference.  However, it was a very noticeable difference for me with the craft and brought things back to more Phantom familiar levels. I haven't fussed with the expo settings yet.
2015-3-13
Use props
Thorbjorn
lvl.2

Sweden

bvinisky@gmail. Posted at 2015-3-14 00:51
I've my basic gain settings all set at 75. I think pitch and roll were at 90 originally, but I found ...

Thanks for your advise. I wish I could get yaw slower.

Maybe in futre firmware update.
2015-3-15
Use props
jenseser
lvl.3
Flight distance : 11380554 ft
  • >>>
United States

I also tried different gain setting with the latest FW & Pilot App, but likewise Thorbjorn I notice no difference. That is weird. Can somebody advise?

P.s. What does the changes in Gain mean? Lower value (e.g. from 100 to 70), same response time at slower speed?
2015-5-27
Use props
info.pro-safety
lvl.1

United Kingdom

if you are not sure about how to adjust the setting you can always extend the control sticks to soften the movement, I'm sure someone posted a how to video on here but it's quite simple, the thicker part of the control stick is in two parts, screw out the upper part to the length you require and then screw the bottom up to meet/lock it. This will certainly help as it will reduce the inputs in the early part of the stick movements and hence soften everything down a bit for you. I would suggest a little at a time to find what works best for you. Hope this helps.
2015-5-28
Use props
starship
lvl.4

United States

I wonder if the Phantom transmitter mod would work?  A DPDT switch and a couple of resisters tamed my Phantom 2 YAW, and gimbal pitch.    But I think I'll wait for the warranty to run out before I try this on the Inspire.

2015-6-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules