922 6 2017-6-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AndyP.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3738274 ft
  • >>>
United States

So i decided to see how far i could get my mavic to go in the city with a straight line of site. keep in mind most of the flight had large and small high voltage power transmission lines inbetween me the operator and the UAS (Mavic). The flight was conducted at 400ft which is the legal limit stated by the FAA, and the reason for that is to increase the range at which line of sight can be achieved since when i launched the Mavic i was on a slight downward portion of a hill and the mavic was flying in reference up the hill.
At the 6 minute mark is when the Mavic turns around because of singal loss (12,131ft) or ~2.29Mi

2017-6-9
Use props
Visualkaos
lvl.4
Flight distance : 755988 ft
  • >>>
United States

The range and stability of the signal has been great for the mavic.  It doesn't seem like such a small controller could send such a strong signal but the results are proven.  Amazing technology
2017-6-9
Use props
AndyP.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3738274 ft
  • >>>
United States

Visualkaos Posted at 2017-6-9 18:41
The range and stability of the signal has been great for the mavic.  It doesn't seem like such a small controller could send such a strong signal but the results are proven.  Amazing technology

Thanks for the comment and yes it is amazing technology. I only wish in the flight reviewer they'd have it like the AR drone did where you can view the flight in 3D with the video feed
2017-6-9
Use props
Visualkaos
lvl.4
Flight distance : 755988 ft
  • >>>
United States

AndyP. Posted at 2017-6-9 18:47
Thanks for the comment and yes it is amazing technology. I only wish in the flight reviewer they'd have it like the AR drone did where you can view the flight in 3D with the video feed

That would be cool.  I haven't seen what your referring to, I will have to check that out.  
2017-6-9
Use props
boostedford
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144478 ft
United States

that was a very risky flight with those powerlines im surprised u didnt get interference or anything. also what the heck is that a park for power lines?? weirdest thing i seen lol
2017-6-10
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

boostedford Posted at 2017-6-10 07:33
that was a very risky flight with those powerlines im surprised u didnt get interference or anything. also what the heck is that a park for power lines?? weirdest thing i seen lol

I've flown that close to power lines a number times and never really had a problem. I think the biggest risk they pose is the physical one, specifically the possibility of flying into them, especially since they tend to blend in with the horizon.

In some suburban areas where land is at a premium cities will use the land around transmission tower paths for things like parks, paved walking / biking trails, etc.
2017-6-10
Use props
boostedford
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144478 ft
United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-6-10 10:53
I've flown that close to power lines a number times and never really had a problem. I think the biggest risk they pose is the physical one, specifically the possibility of flying into them, especially since they tend to blend in with the horizon.

In some suburban areas where land is at a premium cities will use the land around transmission tower paths for things like parks, paved walking / biking trails, etc.

interesting
2017-6-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules