2591 10 2017-6-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Visualkaos
lvl.4
Flight distance : 755988 ft
  • >>>
United States

Has anyone tried one of these out yet?  I just ordered the gimbal lock from polar pro and Im looking forward to hopefully having an easier time putting the lock into place.  Maybe its just me but I find that the gimbal lock that came with the mavic to be very aggravating.   https://www.polarprofilters.com/ ... bal-lock-lens-cover
2017-6-9
Use props
Glenn Goodlett
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27978153 ft
  • >>>
United States

Seems just as hard to get on/off. I need more time with it though.
2017-6-9
Use props
Droner Bear
lvl.1
Flight distance : 30512 ft
Thailand

I also saw this in polar pro's website as I am buying their filters for my mavic pro as well and totally agree with you about the original gimbal protection being too annoying when putting it back on. Ive gotten better over Time but on bad days I spend way too much time trying to not destroy my camera whilst putting it back on. Would be nice to hear a review on this product as polar pro seems to make decent products.
2017-6-9
Use props
Visualkaos
lvl.4
Flight distance : 755988 ft
  • >>>
United States

Droner Bear Posted at 2017-6-9 19:38
I also saw this in polar pro's website as I am buying their filters for my mavic pro as well and totally agree with you about the original gimbal protection being too annoying when putting it back on. Ive gotten better over Time but on bad days I spend way too much time trying to not destroy my camera whilst putting it back on. Would be nice to hear a review on this product as polar pro seems to make decent products.

I will let you know how it works when I receive it.
2017-6-9
Use props
cristianc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1008143 ft
Australia

hmmm it's a bit tricky at first but I got used to putting back fairly quick. The only issue I have to rest the droneon something to put the gimbal lock.
2017-6-9
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

Glenn Goodlett Posted at 2017-6-9 19:30
Seems just as hard to get on/off. I need more time with it though.

Does it feel like ti is holding the gimbal/camera as firmly as the original gimbal lock?
2017-6-9
Use props
mavikman
lvl.1
Flight distance : 35266 ft
United States

Just got mine today at best buy great product works really good and much easier to put on
2017-6-10
Use props
syke
lvl.1
Flight distance : 106207 ft
Hong Kong

It's just as difficult with the original and the Polar Pro version. But the Polar Pro version helps protect the lens, which is much better than having that original gimbal cover. Now all I need is to pack my aftermarket lens hood and the Polar Pro gimbal lock without any reduction in image quality when I fly.
2017-6-10
Use props
Mcflying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 243753 ft
Netherlands

Sorry a price (20 USD !!!!) for this small piece of plastic,.....no thanks.
I wait for some good alternatives on Chinese site
Their usually around 2 USD incl shipping.
2017-6-10
Use props
Laval076
lvl.3
Flight distance : 87438 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Piece of, whatever... Won't buy it .
2017-7-28
Use props
Molyvos_Rob
lvl.2
Flight distance : 74610 ft
United Kingdom

Am I the only person wondering why they did not make this a bright fluorescent colour to remind us forgetful "old gits" that it is there and to take the damn thing off before power up?
2017-7-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules