Firmware update - Start Update button grayed out (Update)!!!
3155 6 2017-6-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jsantacroce\
lvl.3
Flight distance : 10036 ft
United States

On my P4P+, and of course a beautiful morning so I go to take a spin, first I'm hit with the 1:02 app update which went ok and then a firmware update.

Interestingly, prior to that I had stick control but sensor and camera were very sluggish for the first time ever. Hit record and it would take about 30 seconds to catch up. I went up to 300 ft and it indicated 4 ft for about a minute then caught up and just stayed there as I came right back down and parked it.

So back to firmware. I power up after hooking up the USB cable and select update and the button to start download is grayed out. I have 90 plus percent battery and an internet connection.

Suggestions?  Not a nice way to start the day.

Thanks
UPDATE:
------------------------------------

So I switched to a 2nd controller I have (non-plus) with an iPad and right now I am at 99%. It indicated to PULL THE DATA PLUG AND PLUG IT BACK IN TO REFRESH. I did that. Just unplugged the Mini-USB from the P4P and plugged it back in after waiting a few seconds. Now it's been sitting at 99% for about 10 minutes going nowhere while the battery runs down.

Is this normal time? Should I wait or did I miss something? Also don't know why it wouldn't work with the Plus Controller but this seemed to work at least to this point.

Time to get a new hobby perhaps

2017-6-10
Use props
fans417abfbd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 434593 ft
United Kingdom

On the P4P Plus it does say to update the controller before the AC otherwise the update may stall. Perhaps this is the same issue.
2017-6-10
Use props
jsantacroce
lvl.3
United States

fans417abfbd Posted at 2017-6-10 05:53
On the P4P Plus it does say to update the controller before the AC otherwise the update may stall. Perhaps this is the same issue.

I did update the controller first if that matters. But I finally got everything working.

It was stalled because of me, or perhaps because of an unclear message. When told to UNPLUG the data cable and plug it back in at 99%, I plugged it back into the drone when it fact it had to plugged back into the RC. Once I did that it finished.

I then fired up my P4P+ RC and linked it and checked everything out. It did a firmware check. The first time the Geo Maps failed. This time the maps were successful. So go freakin' figure. If I did not have a 2nd controller here I'm not sure I would have gotten through this without a hammer today. The behavior with the non-plus controller is of course different from the plus controller and the update with the plus controller wasn't makin' it. At least for me.

Happy Trails

2017-6-10
Use props
fans417abfbd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 434593 ft
United Kingdom

jsantacroce@hvc Posted at 2017-6-10 06:05
I did update the controller first if that matters. But I finally got everything working.

It was stalled because of me, or perhaps because of an unclear message. When told to UNPLUG the data cable and plug it back in at 99%, I plugged it back into the drone when it fact it had to plugged back into the RC. Once I did that it finished.

Glad you got it sorted. You're not the only one close to getting the hammer out in the past couple of days :-)
2017-6-10
Use props
Gulfstream
lvl.4
Flight distance : 98996 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans417abfbd Posted at 2017-6-10 06:34
Glad you got it sorted. You're not the only one close to getting the hammer out in the past couple of days :-)

I'm an idiot... How do I upgrade the controller first? I think the firmware took, but now my RC shows that I have a weak signal, and I'm thinking about doing it again
2017-6-10
Use props
jsantacroce
lvl.3
United States

Gulfstream Posted at 2017-6-10 06:57
I'm an idiot... How do I upgrade the controller first? I think the firmware took, but now my RC shows that I have a weak signal, and I'm thinking about doing it again

Try leaving the Copter powered off and just fire up the controller and it may prompt to update the controller. Mine did. I do know I then also powered the copter shortly after the controller but I then first updated the controller. Both my non plus and plus controllers I did the same way. It was the firmware I had trouble with using the plus controller.
2017-6-10
Use props
Gulfstream
lvl.4
Flight distance : 98996 ft
  • >>>
United States

jsantacroce@hvc Posted at 2017-6-10 07:09
Try leaving the Copter powered off and just fire up the controller and it may prompt to update the controller. Mine did. I do know I then also powered the copter shortly after the controller but I then first updated the controller. Both my non plus and plus controllers I did the same way. It was the firmware I had trouble with using the plus controller.

Got it. Success! Thx
2017-6-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules