Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Antonio76 Posted at 2017-6-11 05:44
I understand that, Hallmark007, what I don't understand is  whether third party apps are *actually* jeopardized  -as in "tested after the updates and failed to perform", or if this is just what the user *thinks* would happen. Also, from a later post, it looks like there is a problem between Drone Deploy and the DJI Go 4  App, and IMHO DJI can't be blamed for that. it's the third party who is supposed to fix their app in case of conflict, isn't it? Lastly, I seem to understand that some people fly with two different apps running at the same time??? I don't have any third party app, but my understanding is that once I have verified my account once, I don't need to do it anymore -unless maybe if I log out completely- and the aircraft would be ok even using third party apps...

You are right dji released sdk to drone deploy so yes it's up to them to make there app work with that.
And yes once signed in unless you sign out no problems about connection. And once your Aircraft is started you can just close dji app and open any other third party app and everything will be fine.
2017-6-11
Use props
Rodger8
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Antonio76 Posted at 2017-6-11 04:58
Can you be more precise? I have flown my own P4P after the recent firmware updates , with DJI GO 4 and DJI GS Pro without having any limitations, with my iPad 5th gen with WiFi turned off and without having to log in anywhere. Am I missing something?

I am sure there is no problem with the GO App. I have never had any problems with any DJI App. The problem is with the new update notes it states that you have to be connected to the GO App to obtain any height or distance. If I enter the GO App when I first start things up and then go to Drone Deploy which is the commercial mapping program that I use there are quirky conflicts that create things such as a fly away which I had happen to me before. I did gain control of the Phantom when I realized what was happening. I always keep my updates current so I am going to check with another mapping company to see if there will be any conflict with the latest update. I am a licensed remote pilot and it is mandatory that all updates are current. I'll work it out. It was a a bit of a shock when I read the release notes, knowing about the conflict between the two programs. You should not have any issues with your update.
2017-6-11
Use props
Rodger8
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

racer888 Posted at 2017-6-11 05:03
Rodger

After watching the video it would seem that you could start out with your device hooked up and logged into the Go App but once you start up the AC just disconnect the device and you would be logged out of the Go app. Reconnect your device and run drone deploy without logging into the Go app and it looks as though you would be ok? Have you tried that yet?

Yes, in the beginning when I first started using Drone Deploy. I had a fly away but regained control with the RTH in the Drone Deploy App. That is when I discovered the problem. When researching of ran answer  I discovered the Drone Deploy caution in regard to being in the GO App.
2017-6-11
Use props
Rodger8
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-6-11 02:56
Although this is for Mavic it is exactly the same for Phantom.

Thanks for the post. I am going to try some work arounds. I'll let you know what I find. I use an iPad Mini 4 which has my mapping program and the GO app. I need the device connected to do any mapping. I am going to try another program which works a bit different. I am foing to try it and then do my update and see what happens. In any event I must do the update.
2017-6-11
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

Rodger8 Posted at 2017-6-11 05:57
I am sure there is no problem with the GO App. I have never had any problems with any DJI App. The problem is with the new update notes it states that you have to be connected to the GO App to obtain any height or distance. If I enter the GO App when I first start things up and then go to Drone Deploy which is the commercial mapping program that I use there are quirky conflicts that create things such as a fly away which I had happen to me before. I did gain control of the Phantom when I realized what was happening. I always keep my updates current so I am going to check with another mapping company to see if there will be any conflict with the latest update. I am a licensed remote pilot and it is mandatory that all updates are current. I'll work it out. It was a a bit of a shock when I read the release notes, knowing about the conflict between the two programs. You should not have any issues with your update.

Thanks, Rodger8. My feeling is that there is some bad wording in the release notes for the last update... and that it is enough to have verified one's account (that was at the time of the latest release of DJI GO 4) and from then on one should be ok. I can understand a conflict between the Go4 App and a third party App, if they are open at the same time. Is this your case? Have you tried to start with Drone Deploy and have been actually limited to 30 meters height and 50 meters radius? (this would certainly give a  bad blow to my understanding of the whole situation) Hope you can fix all your problems!
2017-6-11
Use props
Mad_Angler1
First Officer
Flight distance : 2741657 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Tmygun Posted at 2017-6-11 04:13
Excellent video explanation about the update!

He does go on a bit though
2017-6-11
Use props
Montymelon
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-6-11
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13982031 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-6-11 05:51
You are right dji released sdk to drone deploy so yes it's up to them to make there app work with that.
And yes once signed in unless you sign out no problems about connection. And once your Aircraft is started you can just close dji app and open any other third party app and everything will be fine.

I'm wondering why DJI made that change - forcing everyone to login and connect via Go 4 app before they can continue with other apps. Are they trying to fight 3rd party apps? Not a consequent way though.
It can't be a security feature, or?
2017-6-11
Use props
Helimage
lvl.3
Flight distance : 144140 ft
Finland

Eric13 Posted at 2017-6-11 22:54
I'm wondering why DJI made that change - forcing everyone to login and connect via Go 4 app before they can continue with other apps. Are they trying to fight 3rd party apps? Not a consequent way though.

It precisely is a security feature. Drone market is growing year after year and the laws are getting stricter because of irresponsible pilots. Forced rules are beginning to be necessary.

You can use 3rd party apps normally after they update their SDK to the new version. It's true that DJI didn't give the developers much time to react, but at least Litchi has informed that they're working on it. And the apps should work like before, without DJI GO 4's co-operation.
2017-6-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Eric13 Posted at 2017-6-11 22:54

I think Helimage hit the nail on the head, it's about making pilots responsible for there own behaviour.
2017-6-12
Use props
MJLSTUDIOS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1540131 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have never upgraded my P4P since I bought it. I can fly as high as 1620 feet and as far as the signal last if I want to.
2017-6-12
Use props
Rodger8
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Antonio76 Posted at 2017-6-11 06:27
Thanks, Rodger8. My feeling is that there is some bad wording in the release notes for the last update... and that it is enough to have verified one's account (that was at the time of the latest release of DJI GO 4) and from then on one should be ok. I can understand a conflict between the Go4 App and a third party App, if they are open at the same time. Is this your case? Have you tried to start with Drone Deploy and have been actually limited to 30 meters height and 50 meters radius? (this would certainly give a  bad blow to my understanding of the whole situation) Hope you can fix all your problems!

Yes, the problems that there are conflicts with two apps running at the same time and that is very understandable. I flew yesterday and received my update notice for the first time. The notice stated that you can return to the previous version if you have problems. This tells me that they are aware of the possible conflict. I am going to wait until I get the OK from the mapping program people. That will mean that they are in sync with the new GO update.
2017-6-12
Use props
Rodger8
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

MJLSTUDIOS Posted at 2017-6-12 02:04
I have never upgraded my P4P since I bought it. I can fly as high as 1620 feet and as far as the signal last if I want to.

I am sure there are a number of people that have done that.
2017-6-12
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13982031 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

Helimage Posted at 2017-6-11 23:12
It precisely is a security feature. Drone market is growing year after year and the laws are getting stricter because of irresponsible pilots. Forced rules are beginning to be necessary.

You can use 3rd party apps normally after they update their SDK to the new version. It's true that DJI didn't give the developers much time to react, but at least Litchi has informed that they're working on it. And the apps should work like before, without DJI GO 4's co-operation.

I still don't understand the strategy. It would make sense (and be terrible for lots of users) if the drone can only be flown via Go app.
Using the Go app only for log in/connect and then leave flying up to other apps - it just doesn't make sense.

I somewhat imagine that DJI wants to be cleared by this process if pilots act unlawful while using another app.
This way DJI can say: Well - the pilot was prompted to use our app. He shut it down and used another - not our responsibility.
2017-6-12
Use props
Helimage
lvl.3
Flight distance : 144140 ft
Finland

Eric13 Posted at 2017-6-12 12:39
I still don't understand the strategy. It would make sense (and be terrible for lots of users) if the drone can only be flown via Go app.
Using the Go app only for log in/connect and then leave flying up to other apps - it just doesn't make sense.

You don't have to login every single time. It's a one-time authentication, and you can fly offline normally afterwards. The new SDK probably forces the 3rd party apps to obey these restrictions, so you can't "crack" the system and fly to the height of 9000 meters and stuff.
2017-6-13
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
United States

Rodger8 Posted at 2017-6-12 02:54
Yes, the problems that there are conflicts with two apps running at the same time and that is very understandable. I flew yesterday and received my update notice for the first time. The notice stated that you can return to the previous version if you have problems. This tells me that they are aware of the possible conflict. I am going to wait until I get the OK from the mapping program people. That will mean that they are in sync with the new GO update.

Yes, the problems that there are conflicts with two apps running at the same time ""

You should NEVER attempt to run two different apps at the same time.
That's always been the case and still is.
You have never needed to launch in DJI Go and then switch to Drone Deploy.
To run a DroneDeploy mission, you launch in DD, run the mission in DD and land in DD.

You've made a mountain out of a non-existent molehill.
This whole thread is a complete waste of space and only serves to unnecessarily confuse and scare people.
And despite your thin skin, I'll say it again ...
You should check details and facts before making yourself look like a goose.
2017-6-13
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Labroides Posted at 2017-6-13 18:15
Yes, the problems that there are conflicts with two apps running at the same time ""

You should NEVER attempt to run two different apps at the same time.

Lab,

A thread is only a waste of space if no-one gets anything out of it. The only thing here is that there seems to be a lot of repeating. So I'll do the same in an attempt to sum up:

The message appearing on start of DJI GO app is a poorly worded message. DJI clearly want the pilot to take responsibility for flying outside of a small recreational space i.e. large heights or distances. It's a 'nag screen'. If you don't want to accept that, then downgrade if that's your choice - the cost may only be an inability to access further updates until you do accept responsibility. In other words, this is Not a Chinese conspiracy, people! DJI are just trying to show some responsibility due to sooo many drone abuses by idiots - with the press using pictures of Phantoms each time they report them...

As Helimage and others have commented - No, you do not need internet connection to click past the nag message (OK, perhaps initially to set the setting - I'm not sure) as it makes no difference in the field. DJI have released a new SDK (I think v4.1) to developers to link into this. I suspect this is optional, but someone can set me straight.

Finally, you should Never run two apps which control your craft at the same time. It's like when my girlfriend is in the passenger seat of the car when I'm driving  - only one of us can effectively steer the car, but that won't stop the other trying...
2017-6-13
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-6-13 19:02
Lab,

A thread is only a waste of time if no-one gets anything out of it. The only thing here is that there seems to be a lot of repeating. So I'll do the same in an attempt to sum up:

' It's like when my girlfriend is in the passenger seat of the car when I'm driving  - only one of us can effectively steer the car, but that won't stop the other trying...'

You need to upgrade your girlfriend to GF02.01
2017-6-13
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Geebax Posted at 2017-6-13 19:51
' It's like when my girlfriend is in the passenger seat of the car when I'm driving  - only one of us can effectively steer the car, but that won't stop the other trying...'

You need to upgrade your girlfriend to GF02.01

Haha, great idea but I learnt with WIFE01.00. The link LED started to rapidly blink red/green demanding an upgrade, but then the craft exploded. Moved to GF01.00, but it demanded to be taken out and flown often, and the app just kept flashing 'firmware incompatible'. Eventually upgraded to GF02.00, but the problem there is that the craft refuses to respond to the RC - the link light is green, there's evidence that the craft is receiving transmission, but it just keeps flying the opposite direction. So, my hoped-for feature for GF02.01 would have to be a comprehensive FAQ which outlines the new features, and which explains how to change the RC modes so that I can map controls exactly the way I'd like them...
()

But I'm off topic now...
2017-6-13
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-6-13 20:32
Haha, great idea but I learnt with WIFE01.00. The link LED started to rapidly blink red/green demanding an upgrade, but then the craft exploded. Moved to GF01.00, but it demanded to be taken out and flown often, and the app just kept flashing 'firmware incompatible'. Eventually upgraded to GF02.00, but the problem there is that the craft refuses to respond to the RC - the link light is green, there's evidence that the craft is receiving transmission, but it just keeps flying the opposite direction. So, my hoped-for feature for GF02.01 would have to be a comprehensive FAQ which outlines the new features, and which explains how to change the RC modes so that I can map controls exactly the way I'd like them...
()

I stopped upgrading at WIFE02.2, after that it refused to accept any further upgrades and the performance was diminiching, so I just left it at that.
2017-6-13
Use props
Rodger8
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

This just cost them big time. The U. S. Army has banned the use of all DJI products due to the strict Geofencing and data gathering that is done by DJI. Check out sUAS News for the details.
2017-8-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules