App and Firmware Update Realtime Trials and Tribulations
813 9 2017-6-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jsantacroce
lvl.3
Flight distance : 10036 ft
United States

So after the hassles (another thread) of the upgrade today I went down to the beautiful riverfront wanting to catch the sunset. I had gone through all the settings, recalibrated the compress and IMU, and reset all camera settings as well as relinked the RC. I did a test flight and test recording earlier so felt pretty comfortable. But I did tell myself that I was not going out OVER the river.

So the minute I get to the river and fired it up:
- Although I had powered off and on several times earlier I got a firmware mismatch. Luckily it was stored internally as I was nowhere near an internet connection and it only took about 5 minutes to sync itself up. Ok fine.
- Compass failed and I had to recalibrate the compass. I usually do but never had it fail before at this location.
- Previously if I had the controller on 5ghz and my cell phone on 5ghz I would have to turn my cell phone off as it would give me a warning. But this is the fiirst time with the controller on 2.4ghz that I had to kill the wifi on my cell phone telling me it was interfering. Never had that happen before. Same phone.
- Once I got all that sorted out the GPS then failed and it went into Vision only mode. Never had that happen either. I was next to my car as I usually am but moved away from it and had to power off and on to get it back. Strange.
- I had an 8-11mph wind. Of course I had a constant Large Winds Detected, Fly with Caution message every few seconds.

- And the creme of the crop I have never seen before.
   ! Strong Interference Detected - Fly with Caution (Exclamation a Yellow Triangle).

This one scared me so I just buzzed around a while to get a feel and it actually flew ok after all this but there was no indication of what this message was about. I am hoping someone (and perhaps DJI) can shed some light on the above. I have NEVER had these issues other then the Large Winds Detected before.

Cheers
2017-6-10
Use props
jsantacroce
lvl.3
United States

Anyone else seeing the:
2017-6-11
Use props
jsantacroce
lvl.3
United States

Anyone else seeing the:  - "! Strong Interference Detected - Fly with Caution" -  message or am I alone here? Thanks
2017-6-11
Use props
racer888
lvl.3
Flight distance : 99970 ft
United States

After completing all the updates and going out yesterday for a test flight I also noticed I was getting that "Strong Interference" message. I was in a very remote area with no cell service, no power lines, just me, controller, AC and my 4wheeler. I have flown in this area many times and never received that message so I have no idea why it would come up. I just ignored it and the flight went smoothly without any hitch. Here is a picture of the area.
DJI_0382.jpg
2017-6-11
Use props
jsantacroce
lvl.3
United States

racer888 Posted at 2017-6-11 06:05
After completing all the updates and going out yesterday for a test flight I also noticed I was getting that "Strong Interference" message. I was in a very remote area with no cell service, no power lines, just me, controller, AC and my 4wheeler. I have flown in this area many times and never received that message so I have no idea why it would come up. I just ignored it and the flight went smoothly without any hitch. Here is a picture of the area.

Not that misery loves company but I was in the same exact spot as many times before and also had never had this message. I was afraid to go far and certainly did not want to go out over the river like I always do.

I hope DJI can chime in and explain what this this is about.  Thanks for chiming in.
2017-6-11
Use props
fans417abfbd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 434593 ft
United Kingdom

I am also getting the strong interference message. I could always ignore it BUT one of these times it could be a genuine message because there actually is interference and then what happens? Sorry you failed to heed the strong interference message so your claim is invalidated!
2017-6-11
Use props
jsantacroce
lvl.3
United States

Exactly - Thank you fans417anfbd!
2017-6-11
Use props
fans417abfbd
lvl.4
United Kingdom

jsantacroce@hvc Posted at 2017-6-11 07:19
Exactly - Thank you fans417anfbd!

The same could be said about the "high wind" warnings too. I get those on the calmest days. What should we do, never fly?  It's like  the Drone that cried wolf :-(
2017-6-11
Use props
jsantacroce
lvl.3
United States

But this one is new. And given all the issues I (and others) had with the app and firmware update, I'm a little NERVOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2017-6-11
Use props
fans417abfbd
lvl.4
United Kingdom

jsantacroce@hvc Posted at 2017-6-11 07:51
But this one is new. And given all the issues I (and others) had with the app and firmware update, I'm a little NERVOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree entirely. Too many dubious warning messages as it is without more of them
2017-6-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules