Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Turnaround time for my Inspire repair
1234Next >
10358 132 2015-3-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
houston
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21241217 ft
  • >>>
United States

It is really pathetic that they have all of these customers spending thousands of dollars on their product and they make no effort to keep us informed of the progress of our units. This is really disheartening for someone like myself, and I am sure many others,  who has made quite a large investment in not only the Inspire 1 but all the other stuff you need as well. About $5,000 in total with extra batteries, chargers, props, monitor, et cetera. All of which serves little to no use without the unit they seem to almost be holding hostage. LOL. There are so many companies out there that put so much into customer service and it shows. DJI should INSPIRE to be one of those but I am not feeling the love so far.

I wish all of your birds a fast and safe return and hope that you shall never have to ship her off again.

Houston
2015-3-28
Use props
benjaminsink
lvl.2

United States

Just got informed my inspire repair has been completed!All four landing gears, vision system, camera, and center assembly and two arms were repaired!

Now just getting the tracking number and I'm one satisfied happy camper!
2015-3-30
Use props
bostonlines
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1045558 ft
United States

Mine says repair completed, but I haven't received an itemized invoice yet.  The DJI website changed from "RI Shelf" to "Repair completed" on Thursday of last week.  Maybe it's because mine was covered under warranty they're not pushing it forward.  Spoke to Tahoe_Ed and he says it has to be processed through logistics.  Not sure how long that is going to take, 2 days or 2 weeks?  Who knows.  
2015-3-30
Use props
benjaminsink
lvl.2

United States

bostonlines@gma Posted at 2015-3-31 02:24
Mine says repair completed, but I haven't received an itemized invoice yet.  The DJI website changed ...

Mine was covered under warranty as well. I spoke on the phone to a rep and he said that it is in shipping now and as soon as they slap a label on it, it will be on its way.
2015-3-30
Use props
houston
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I have gone to the link you guys are talking about and logged in but this is all I see.
http://grab.by/G19I

is this the correct page?

Many thanks,
Houston
2015-3-30
Use props
benjaminsink
lvl.2

United States

houston Posted at 2015-3-31 05:09
I have gone to the link you guys are talking about and logged in but this is all I see.
http://grab ...

It usually takes about 3 to 5 days before it is checked into the repair facility... Then you will see your RMA and everything.
2015-3-30
Use props
houston
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

benjaminsink@ho Posted at 2015-3-31 07:48
It usually takes about 3 to 5 days before it is checked into the repair facility... Then you will  ...

That you Benjaminsink, just wanted to make sure I was at the right place.
2015-3-31
Use props
bostonlines
lvl.3
United States

Just received this from DJI.

"Your Inspire One has been repaired. The technician replaced two motors
and gimbal connector cables. Your unit was updated, test flown and is fully
operational.
Make sure to calibrate the compass in every new flight location. The
compass is very sensitive to electromagnetic interference, which can cause
abnormal compass data leading to poor flight performance or even flight
failure."
2015-3-31
Use props
mountmotor
lvl.4

Australia

Just got an update on my repair...
" Dear Josh,

Your Inspire One has been repaired. The technician replaced the
right motor arm, vision positioning sensor, the camera, battery terminal,
and central frame. "

This took about a month and it is covered under warranty. They didn't give me a hard time and I am excited for its arrival

They say they have replaced the camera, does that mean the gimbal was also replaced? I ask because my gimbal was also smashed...I'm just a little paranoid...that's what spending 3k does to you..
2015-3-31
Use props
bostonlines
lvl.3
United States

Mount,

Did you receive a tracking number yet?  I wonder how long they take to ship it and if we can request next day air.

BL
2015-4-1
Use props
mountmotor
lvl.4

Australia

I am still waiting on shipping info.
2015-4-1
Use props
benjaminsink
lvl.2

United States

bostonlines@gma Posted at 2015-4-2 01:57
Mount,

Did you receive a tracking number yet?  I wonder how long they take to ship it and if we can ...

I am awaiting shipping information as well.
2015-4-1
Use props
bostonlines
lvl.3
United States

Just recieved shipping Info.

Timeline
Arrived in Torrance 3/6
Checked into queue 3/16
Repair completed 3/26
Flight tested and what was repaired email 3/31
Left Torrance 4/2
Arrive at my doorstep 4/4

Less than a month for turnaround. Not bad, considering I was told it was going to take 6-8 weeks. Will report back with quality of repair and impressions post crash and repair.
2015-4-2
Use props
skyvideoct
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1136230 ft
United States

22 days and nothing. I shipped gimbal/ camera only and I'm worried they lost it. Seriously. That small package is wedged between 4 full bird packages! I sprung for another camera on ebay and paid $100 premium so I can fly and be busy. I don't mind having a spare camaera unit. So, DJI, where is my RMA update after 22 days?
2015-4-2
Use props
bostonlines
lvl.3
United States

Does fedex or UPS show that it was delivered in Torrance?  Keep emailing them and calling them.
2015-4-2
Use props
PureSQNut
lvl.4

United States

I got mine back today....  Funny thing is it came back in a different case. My carry case had a few scratches on it and I had modded it for some of my additional chargers etc. Everything else looks like the same unit but I'm going to dig up my paperwork tomorrow and verify if its the same serial number as the one I sent in.

Original send in - bricked transmitter from firmware update and "no signal" on first fire ups in the morning till it flew around LOS first. Gimbal looks like it was swapped as I had a black scuff from my tool box on it and the gimbal connector gas also been replaced. Other than that I'm sure its mine as it still has all the dust on the rubber components that was there before. From my flying ay my sons baseball opening day on the fields.

Also the small amount of slop that was in the rotor arms is gone.

Going to give it a test flight tomorrow.
2015-4-2
Use props
skyvideoct
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1136230 ft
United States

Well, I'm convinced the DJI service center lost my camera and gimbal package under RMA# 3915238107062 amongst all of the full Inspire 1 returns. It has now been 22 days since DJI received my package and several tickets  trying to get acknowledgement and some type of movement in the repair process. I'm just plain frustrated that even a followup phone call did nothing to help alleviate my worry.
To date, all I have is proof of delivery by Fedex on 3/12 at 9:07 am. (22 days now)
I do not think this is acceptable. Does anyone disagree?
2015-4-3
Use props
bostonlines
lvl.3
United States

I would get Tahoe Ed involved.
2015-4-3
Use props
PureSQNut
lvl.4

United States

I was having some serious issues with even getting my RA started. Tahoe Ed was a big help and was able to make sure that the process got started and that the warranty was taken care of as per the manufactures warranty. He is a great guy and a good asset to DJI. Ask him to look into it and see if there is any reason to be concerned "other than very SLOW communication from DJI USA".  

I am taking my first flight since getting mine back tonight and yes although the wait sucks if its fixed and everything is all good then they did their job and im back flying.
2015-4-3
Use props
houston
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

PureSQNut Posted at 2015-4-4 00:39
I was having some serious issues with even getting my RA started. Tahoe Ed was a big help and was ab ...

What was your total door to door time for the repair?

Many thanks,
Houston
2015-4-3
Use props
PureSQNut
lvl.4

United States

Lets see.... For this one, about 4 weeks. It was for a bricked controller and  a temperamental connection point on the gimbal. Controller was swapped and gimbal was replaced.  Easy cheesy.

My other bird has a pending RA, just didn't want to ship it until I had this one back.
2015-4-3
Use props
mountmotor
lvl.4

Australia

I got my tracking number today! It took exactly one month since FedEx delivered the Inspire 1 to them. Unfortunately my tracking number cannot be found on the FedEx website...Maybe I have to wait? Have you guys experienced this?
2015-4-3
Use props
PureSQNut
lvl.4

United States

The system sends the tracking out prior to it being on the truck. Sometimes it wont post till Monday.  You will get another email shortly that confirms it is in the system and has been picked up from the facility.  That first email just tells you they issued a shipping label for it in preparation for shipment. All depends when it is picked up and the system updates.
2015-4-3
Use props
mountmotor
lvl.4

Australia

PureSQNut Posted at 2015-4-4 07:14
The system sends the tracking out prior to it being on the truck. Sometimes it wont post till Monday ...

My paranoia wins again! lol I just got an email from FedEx confirming they picked it up. Thank you! I will let you know how she flies
2015-4-3
Use props
PureSQNut
lvl.4

United States

I'm heading home to grab my bird and head out for a first test flight since getting it back yesterday
2015-4-3
Use props
PureSQNut
lvl.4

United States

Video is fixed, second controller is fixed, no "signal lost" for video with the replaced gimbal mount... Golden...

Biggest issue for me is still under full speed forward acceleration with and without increase of elevation the drone wants to steer counter clockwise and change its path slightly. (yes I'm sure my controls are centered.) returned back, recalibrated the IMU and compass and the issue still remains. No full throttle forward movement and its fine.
2015-4-3
Use props
mountmotor
lvl.4

Australia

bostonlines@gma Posted at 2015-4-3 20:01
I would get Tahoe Ed involved.

How does it fly since the repair?
2015-4-4
Use props
bostonlines
lvl.3
United States

mountmotor Posted at 2015-4-5 14:04
How does it fly since the repair?

It flies great.  I only took it for a 10 minute flight though, so only time will tell how it will perform in the long run. Video looked good too. Seems like they tightened the arms a little. See my video below. My just repaired Inspire is on the left.

http://youtu.be/0s8rKvxJe4E

How does yours fly?
2015-4-4
Use props
mountmotor
lvl.4

Australia

bostonlines@gma Posted at 2015-4-5 15:00
It flies great.  I only took it for a 10 minute flight though, so only time will tell how it will  ...

Don't have mine back yet...It arrives on Monday and I arrive back in LA on 16th, so I won't know anything until then! I am so excited to be back in the air!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2015-4-5
Use props
jaron
lvl.2

United States

I just got notice that my bird will be repaired soon.
RMA issued - 3/12
Delivered to DJI - 3/17
Checked in - 3/23
Updated - 4/1
Invoice - 4/6
Being Repaired - 4/7
Cost:
3 shocks @ $17 ea
4 props @ $10 ea
1 hour labor @ $65
Total = 156.00

Now I wait for the unit to ship!  
2015-4-7
Use props
mountmotor
lvl.4

Australia

My Inspire 1 arrived back from repair yesterday! Since I'm in Australia, I was not able to see it in person, but I got my Dad to FaceTime with me and I saw my Inspire 1! Looks like everything is fixed. I got a new camera and some other things have been fixed as well! Central frame was replaced, Right arm was replaced, and the Vision Position System was replaced! I can't wait to fly! I get back home next Thursday...AHHHHHHHHHH It was all covered under warranty!
2015-4-7
Use props
bostonlines
lvl.3
United States

mountmotor Posted at 2015-4-8 07:14
My Inspire 1 arrived back from repair yesterday! Since I'm in Australia, I was not able to see it in ...

Great news Mount. Hopefully she flies just how you want her to. Post results when able.
2015-4-7
Use props
hilton571
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10220 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am extremely satisfied with the repair service I received from the DJI repair facility in Torrance CA. My repair was covered under the warranty. I was told that the wait time would be between three and four week after check in. My inspire 1 was returned to me in three week. The camera/gimbal assembly had to be replaces after my first flight that lasted all of five seconds and crashed into a concrete curb. I think my saving grace was the flight recorder registered this short flight only.  The only down side to the repair service was waiting those ten or so days looking to see if my inspire 1 was received from the shipping service. I have had more then a dozen without any issues since

2015-4-7
Use props
mountmotor
lvl.4

Australia

bostonlines@gma Posted at 2015-4-8 10:12
Great news Mount. Hopefully she flies just how you want her to. Post results when able.

I will ASAP!
2015-4-7
Use props
mountmotor
lvl.4

Australia

hilton571@gmail Posted at 2015-4-8 11:43
I am extremely satisfied with the repair service I received from the DJI repair facility in Torranc ...

Great news! What caused the crash?
2015-4-7
Use props
bostonlines
lvl.3
United States

Here's some clips I've made after repair.  Looks like most if not all jello is gone too.

2015-4-9
Use props
benjaminsink
lvl.2

United States

bostonlines@gma Posted at 2015-4-9 22:27
Here's some clips I've made after repair.  Looks like most if not all jello is gone too.

https://y ...

Here's the clip of my problem I'm having now wih transmission issues

http://youtu.be/bYvaZrJWJJA
2015-4-9
Use props
bostonlines
lvl.3
United States

benjaminsink@ho Posted at 2015-4-9 23:04
Here's the clip of my problem I'm having now wih transmission issues

http://youtu.be/bYvaZrJWJJA ...

What type of iPad are you using?  If it doesn't have the A7 chip or greater, that might be an issue.  Maybe reset the tablet to factory settings, then give it a go.  Does it make a difference if you're not using Shou?

BL
2015-4-9
Use props
benjaminsink
lvl.2

United States

bostonlines@gma Posted at 2015-4-9 23:21
What type of iPad are you using?  If it doesn't have the A7 chip or greater, that might be an issu ...

I'm using an iPad mini 2... It has worked perfect before sent in for repair... It was like this before shou.. I just recorded it becuase it is so bad.. Tried reinstalling the app as well.. It's also like this on my iPhone 6
2015-4-9
Use props
bostonlines
lvl.3
United States

Man, seems like you've tried everything I would do.  I can understand your frustration.  After checking your status daily on the DJI website all the way to tracking it to your doorstep.  Might have to give DJI "tech support" a call.  Although I know all they will do is waste about 45 minutes of your life and will probably end up just getting another RMA number.  
2015-4-9
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules