lvl.2

United States

sent 4/23/2015
received 4/27/2015
checked in 5/06/2015

Here is email..

J.S. (DJI worker)
Dear chrisfromalbany,

We have checked your unit into Zendesk, our customer support database.

Congratulations! This is the first step in the repair process once we received your product. Next, your unit will be documented in our Repair Software, which the repair technicians use to track their work. Once that process is done, your product will be placed in line with other repairs, and continually move up until a repair technician services it at a work bench.

Our estimated time of repair is 5-6 weeks from the date of check-in. If you do not receive an email update from the repair team by the 6th week, please call our support team at 818-235-0789, Monday - Friday, 9-5 PST.

We appreciate your patience and thank you for your support of the DJI Product Line.

DJI Service Center North America

DJI North America
2015-5-6
Use props
Woni30
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3103881 ft
United States

Crashed on 6/29 by seagulls. Seagulls attacked my Inspire and fell from the sky (About 15 - 15 ft).
I was landing and couldn't do much.

Called yesterday (6/29) got the shipping label.
Will ship it to their repair center today.

Crashed by seagulls is also pilot error?
I was landing and was attacked by seagulls. No chance to avoid.

If not what would be to cost of repair o camera/gimbal, 1 motor, 1 arm, battery connector, and some cables. There might be more but these are for sure.

A guy from FB got a new i1 even after he admitted it was a piolot error.

Hope you guys still stick around on this post.

Thanks!
2015-6-30
Use props
SkyDen
lvl.2
Flight distance : 31152 ft
United States

It took almost exactly 5 weeks from the day I shipped it to the day I received it back.  In my opinion, while the repair was done very well, it too long of a wait.  The actual repair probably only took an hour.
2015-7-1
Use props
stclassic01
lvl.1

United States

outlaw@unitedwi Posted at 2015-4-30 10:51
Camera & gimbal replaced due to firmware not fully updating.

call pickup tag 3/6/15

Outlaw, I know this is later than your post but I sent my I1 in for the same problem. The firmware would not update on the RC controller and they are replacing the controller. Was it the controller that wouldn't except the FW or was it your I1?  I am getting my I1 back next Thursday.
Thanks
shipped May 11
received I1 May 18
in queue may28
notified and repaired July 2
received tracking number  July 2
to be delivered July 9
2015-7-3
Use props
outlaw
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

stclassic01@yah Posted at 2015-7-4 11:36
Outlaw, I know this is later than your post but I sent my I1 in for the same problem. The firmware ...

No, mine was the camera that was bad. my remote was fine, when I did get mine back I still had to update the firmware, but I have had no problems since.
2015-7-3
Use props
stclassic01
lvl.1

United States

outlaw@unitedwi Posted at 2015-7-4 11:45
No, mine was the camera that was bad. my remote was fine, when I did get mine back I still had to  ...

thank you
2015-7-4
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

SkyDen Posted at 2015-7-1 22:51
It took almost exactly 5 weeks from the day I shipped it to the day I received it back.  In my opini ...

SkyDen, the average Inspire repair time is 4 hours.  This is a very complex machine with lots of moving parts.  Repairing them is not as simple as you think.
2015-7-4
Use props
Goodwill
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

Hey Tahoe Ed,

Have you guys moved into the new facility yet? If so, what will repair times look like? Also, are there any plans to open up repair facilities outside of LA headquarters? Thanks so much for your time Tahoe Ed!
2015-7-4
Use props
Woni30
lvl.2
United States

Mine is now checked in. Delivered on 7/2, checked in on 7/9. Took 7 days to check in. Hope they fix my bird in 4 wks.
2015-7-9
Use props
ray_gauvreau
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-7-14
Use props
Woni30
lvl.2
United States

ray_gauvreau Posted at 2015-7-14 23:19
Another patient wait for the patient.

Sent June 5

Have you called to DJI? It's been over 6wks, isn't it? I thought the new facility would expedite the process but it's still the same or even worse. 9x bigger facility for what? It's been a bit over 3 wks for me and I feel your pain.
2015-7-31
Use props
goose.stillmoti
New

United States

Howdy Folks,

I work for a film studio in Portland OR and on a test flight recently the Return to Home function enabled during critical battery level. I was about 3 feet from landing and unable to cancel RTH in time, the craft launched into the air headed for its 20m return path and went straight into the trees and then right back to the ground in pieces.
Left CF support arm snapped, 1 motor feels wonky, and 1 landing pad dampener cracked.

We have a shoot with the drone in 2 weeks. With DJI repairs looking like a 7 week + turn around I'm seeking other options. From the research I've done and reading this forum I've come to these options:

A) Buy a new drone and part out the broken one
B) Send the drone in and rent another one for the shoot
C) Buy parts from other downed craft and do the repairs myself, voiding the warranty
D) Sell the damn thing as is and buy from Freefly, DJIs customer service is insanely humiliating and unacceptable for professional applications.

A) +(plus) Gets me a drone in time for the shoot.  
     -(minus) huge upfront cost  
     - pain in the ass to part-out
     - may not ever recoup the costs
B) - Will take 7+ weeks to get my craft back
     - Im out on cost of repairs AND rental costs for a week
     + My craft will still be under warranty for future repairs (gimbal level issues??)
    - Will not have the ability to fly/practice before the shoot
C) - Voids the warranty
    - Risk not being able to complete the repairs my self
    - Time consuming
    + Most cost effective if successful
D) - Loose out on a huge chunk of the purchase price of the Inspire
    + Get to stick it to DJI for having such shitty customer service

Would love your advice and suggestions in this sticky situation. I need to have a solution ASAP to keep the studio folks happy.

Any experience with selling a broken craft? Better to sell as a whole or as parts? Are people doing their own repairs?

Thanks for your help!
2015-9-4
Use props
mike.mu
New

United States

Had a take-off but fly away issue.  Happened intermittently.  No physical damage ever on the unit.  When it was a fly off, it was at least in one direction which was easily corrected but I had to catch the inspire with my hands while correcting with one hand.  Did that twice during a wedding shoot.  Anyway, DJI says 6-8 weeks. Not happy that was the only solution that was available.
2015-9-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules