Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AndyP.
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3738274 ft
  • >>>
United States

the title says it all

The real action starts at about 1 min in.

for those that are curious, I knew what I was doing and I knew the risks associated with flying so close to populated areas where people are abundant. I made sure that I was well aware of where my drone was at all times and how close I was to other people. At no point during the flight was i anywhere close to injuring someone, and I was well aware of what I was doing and so far I consider myself a experienced pilot.

I want to concede that after the fact, I realized that my actions could be attributed to being Reckless and irresponsible. I realize now that I should have been more careful. When I was flying a lot of the people were really curious about it around me and I wanted to show off its capabilities. So my excitement got the best of me.

2017-6-10
Use props
Bent Kangaroo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 362510 ft
Australia

At 2:21 you are lucky to have Mavic still in one piece.

What res did you record/post in?
2017-6-10
Use props
NoSale
lvl.3
Flight distance : 460958 ft
United States

Some of that was just plain reckless.  Look at your Mavic and feel good its still in one piece.

I know flying slow for cinematic effects may get boring sometimes........
2017-6-10
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wow! you don't have any reception problems? that's what I like to do with my mavic fast flying and pushing it's limits.
2017-6-10
Use props
Cephas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1949820 ft
  • >>>
United States

I enjoy ripping it in sport mode once in awhile. But you were flying pretty close over/around people in a park at pretty high speeds. I suggest finding an open area where people aren't around to do this.
2017-6-10
Use props
AndyP.
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Bent Kangaroo Posted at 2017-6-10 18:09

it was recorded native 4k. and posted in 4k.
2017-6-10
Use props
Bent Kangaroo
lvl.4
Australia

AndyP. Posted at 2017-6-10 19:35
it was recorded native 4k. and posted in 4k.

Cool, i think i only watched in 1080 though.

You got care refresh hehe ?

2017-6-10
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

He'll need it.
2017-6-10
Use props
anthonyb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 486381 ft
New Zealand

Wrong on so many levels.  It's because of videos like this that the rest of us are being targeted by stricter and stricter regs.  Thanks a bunch.  Do me a favour and keep these types of videos to yourself.
2017-6-10
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

Totally irresponsible. You might think you are good but the poor people you buzzed around don't know that. You also cannot guarantee that something won't go wrong with the Mavic.
2017-6-10
Use props
AndyP.
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

anthonyb Posted at 2017-6-10 21:41
Wrong on so many levels.  It's because of videos like this that the rest of us are being targeted by stricter and stricter regs.  Thanks a bunch.  Do me a favour and keep these types of videos to yourself.

Yes, I realize after the fact I should have been more careful. But the people around me were really curious about its capabilities and I wanted to show off, my excitement got the better of me.
2017-6-10
Use props
AndyP.
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-6-10 21:50
Totally irresponsible. You might think you are good but the poor people you buzzed around don't know that. You also cannot guarantee that something won't go wrong with the Mavic.

The poor people you're referring to. Actually egged me on to see how fast it can go. They're all extremely curious and to its capabilities and how fast and what it could do.
2017-6-10
Use props
AndyP.
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Cephas Posted at 2017-6-10 18:33
I enjoy ripping it in sport mode once in awhile. But you were flying pretty close over/around people in a park at pretty high speeds. I suggest finding an open area where people aren't around to do this.

Open area in the middle of big cities such as Dallas comes at a premium. So I had to make do with what I got. During the video I flew in mostly areas that had little to no people and the only person I got really close to was myself.
2017-6-10
Use props
AndyP.
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Bent Kangaroo Posted at 2017-6-10 18:09

Yeah I didn't notice it at the time but looking back at the footage it practically gave me a heart attack even though I wasn't flying at the time.
2017-6-10
Use props
AndyP.
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Keep in mind that this was phone in the u.s. are laws on drones are pretty Lax here, or at least the FAA in my city doesn't really enforce them
2017-6-10
Use props
Bent Kangaroo
lvl.4
Australia

AndyP. Posted at 2017-6-10 22:02
Yeah I didn't notice it at the time but looking back at the footage it practically gave me a heart attack even though I wasn't flying at the time.

Hey man we all here to learn.
It looked like fun but those power lines scare me too much hehe, too difficult to judge/ascertain depth of field.
Guess its difficult to find clear areas in dense locations, just dont hit anyone becasue being hit in head with screaming Mavic will cost big muler hehe
2017-6-10
Use props
Tealk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 479613 ft
Romania

donno what to say, a lot of power lines ,a lot if irresponsible....you need a big insurance for that kind o flight in that park and i dont think you have
2017-6-10
Use props
AndyP.
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Tealk Posted at 2017-6-10 22:39
donno what to say, a lot of power lines ,a lot if irresponsible....you need a big insurance for that kind o flight in that park and i dont think you have

I've Benin flying around the power lines since I got the manic. I'm well aware of the f*** up hat could happen.
2017-6-10
Use props
laceyboy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 159820 ft
United States

This is the reason why DJI had to re-enforce flying practices by updating their rules and policies.
2017-6-10
Use props
Tealk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 479613 ft
Romania

laceyboy Posted at 2017-6-10 23:14
This is the reason why DJI had to re-enforce flying practices by updating their rules and policies.

yep, agree with you ... But we suffer because of that kind of irresponsible...
2017-6-11
Use props
UCBarkeeper
lvl.3
Flight distance : 616982 ft
Switzerland

only good thing about this video is to know, that you won't own your mavic very long...
2017-6-11
Use props
Dutch Sjoerd
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1223025 ft
Netherlands

Fly safe! Dont do these things with people in the area, Someone could get really hurt. Beside that, your attitude makes other Drone flyers look bad. Hope you learn from it and Maybe you will have your Mavic a little longer às well. Have fun and Fly safe
2017-6-11
Use props
mike v illinois
lvl.4
Flight distance : 95689 ft
United States

no drought in your area is what i see
2017-6-11
Use props
Broken Deviant
lvl.2
Flight distance : 176919 ft
United States

The only positive thing that I can say about this video is, thankfully nobody got hurt. You came very close to a kid, an old lady and an old man. As it has already been said, this type of flying gives drones a bad name.  Please for the rest of us, fly in the empty areas of the park or find another flying field.
2017-6-11
Use props
Typhon
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Who exactly was egging you on...? No one came near you! You had that whole park but you stood real close to those ball players for attention only hoping that they would come and stand in awe of your skills, or shear luck more like. Both power and signal lines were right over your head as well as beside a public path... what a complete self centred muppet you are. I'm not sure what you hoped to gain by posting that crap here but DJI should ban it, and you.
2017-6-11
Use props
AndyP.
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Typhon Posted at 2017-6-11 06:54
Who exactly was egging you on...? No one came near you! You had that whole park but you stood real close to those ball players for attention only hoping that they would come and stand in awe of your skills, or shear luck more like. Both power and signal lines were right over your head as well as beside a public path... what a complete self centred muppet you are. I'm not sure what you hoped to gain by posting that crap here but DJI should ban it, and you.

It was before I push the recording button
2017-6-11
Use props
Ma(v/g)ic Pro
lvl.1
Bulgaria

Wow! You had great luck!
2017-6-11
Use props
chabib
lvl.1
United States

AndyP. Posted at 2017-6-11 11:25
It was before I push the recording button

Honestly don't know which was dumber - actually flying like that or posting a video of yourself doing it. Really hope someone saves a copy of this and forwards it to your local PD.
2017-6-11
Use props
Cephas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1949820 ft
  • >>>
United States

AndyP. take this as a learning lesson. I just recently stumbled on a news article where a supposed drone struck some power line and knocked out the power for a bunch of people. I say supposed because they only thing left of the drone is charred plastic. The investigation is on going. In your video you're flying pretty close to power lines and people. I 'm not going to add anymore fuel to the fire because I think you understand the problem with the video you posted. You don't want to be the guy they are currently looking for in the attached article.

http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/ ... 0-in-mountain-view/
2017-6-11
Use props
gilly4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 73369 ft
United Kingdom

It's guys like you who get the rest of us banned. Do us all a favour and take up another sport.
2017-6-11
Use props
NoSale
lvl.3
Flight distance : 460958 ft
United States

I've already added my 2 cents in a previous post, but want to add that fast moving videos like this just aren't worth watching.  There is zero value other than watch what I can do with this drone.

I stopped watching after about a minute because it just wasn't keeping my attention.  And besides, I had already seen enough of fast moving recklessness........
2017-6-11
Use props
Exib
Second Officer
Flight distance : 153760 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AndyP. Posted at 2017-6-10 22:12
Keep in mind that this was phone in the u.s. are laws on drones are pretty Lax here, or at least the FAA in my city doesn't really enforce them

If they watch your video they might to start enforcing them,  not sure what you were thinking when you arrived at this location.... are you sure this is the first spot you thought that might be great to test the Mavic capabilities, the spot with wires and large lights on steel pole, the same spot with people walking their dogs or kids playing
2017-6-11
Use props
ro_flyer
First Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

Video not available, did you remove it?
2017-6-11
Use props
Bent Kangaroo
lvl.4
Australia

ro_flyer Posted at 2017-6-11 22:23
Video not available, did you remove it?

With the comments here why wouldnt he?

Quite a wise decision to take down such footage in question given the amount of rage it caused to the entire Mavic community? lol
\
2017-6-11
Use props
bombSaWay
lvl.1

Netherlands

About time the video was taken down !  The ops story of being edged on to show off by the people in the video was just the ops excuse to post it thinking it was cool  . The people in the video who he said edged him on (basketball players) showed no interest until he flew directly over there heads that caused them to fear they would be hit by it , the same goes for the people walking on the path. The lady looked frighten !!!
You say you were pushing the limit of the Mavic ?  Your a good pilot ? the title of your video should have been "Look How reckless and Irresponsible I Am" the only thing you pushed was the Mavic's speed by flying in a straight line then stopping and turning then flying in a straight line again all above harmless people What you did is not the characteristics of a good pilot .  I think you pushed your luck more then you pushed the Mavic.   
2017-6-12
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Agree, aggressive flying is fine when there's not one single person around but this is the kind of crap that give all drone operators a bad name...
2017-6-12
Use props
DwoneFlyer
lvl.1

United States

The haters will hate no matter what. I agree it wasnt the best video but name calling and nasty posts around here are crazy. Maybe not the fun places I was looking to hang out in...
2017-6-12
Use props
AndyP.
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DwoneFlyer Posted at 2017-6-12 03:16
The haters will hate no matter what. I agree it wasnt the best video but name calling and nasty posts around here are crazy. Maybe not the fun places I was looking to hang out in...

i know right
2017-6-12
Use props
AndyP.
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

bombSaWay Posted at 2017-6-12 02:51
About time the video was taken down !  The ops story of being edged on to show off by the people in the video was just the ops excuse to post it thinking it was cool  . The people in the video who he said edged him on (basketball players) showed no interest until he flew directly over there heads that caused them to fear they would be hit by it , the same goes for the people walking on the path. The lady looked frighten !!!
You say you were pushing the limit of the Mavic ?  Your a good pilot ? the title of your video should have been "Look How reckless and Irresponsible I Am" the only thing you pushed was the Mavic's speed by flying in a straight line then stopping and turning then flying in a straight line again all above harmless people What you did is not the characteristics of a good pilot .  I think you pushed your luck more then you pushed the Mavic.

this post is nothing but ad hominem rhetoric.
2017-6-12
Use props
AndyP.
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

bombSaWay Posted at 2017-6-12 02:51

i also find it hilarious and ironic that your name is bombs away
2017-6-12
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules