loss of control after updating to the new firmware
721 8 2017-6-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans6c3ebc23
lvl.2
Flight distance : 563264 ft
Canada

Had a scary moment today after I updated the firmware. I was flying over a river and the drone started to act weird. It was toggling to the side like when you turn in fixed-wing mode. I hit the return home button and it toggled a few times to the side again. Then the video feed went black and came back a few seconds after. I didn't see any "weak controller signals" at any time and sattelites reception was above 12.
Thoughts?

2017-6-10
Use props
Phantom-Paul 7
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2551634 ft
Australia

Full Moon ?  :-)

Was this the first flight after the firmware update?
Did you do the various calibrations after the firmware update?
2017-6-11
Use props
fans44b8bed3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1972 ft

Australia

After updating my p4 pro + . My controller makes constant beeping sound and sometimes it dosen't link to my aircraft. any suggestions on how i can fix this issue
2017-6-11
Use props
fans6c3ebc23
lvl.2
Flight distance : 563264 ft
Canada

Phantom-Paul 7 Posted at 2017-6-11 05:37
Full Moon ?  :-)

Was this the first flight after the firmware update?

No I realized that this morning. However, the system didn't ask me to recalibrate.
2017-6-11
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

fans44b8bed3 Posted at 2017-6-11 06:20
After updating my p4 pro + . My controller makes constant beeping sound and sometimes it dosen't link to my aircraft. any suggestions on how i can fix this issue

Just replied your thread , I would recommend you do a Remote Controller calibration, then re-link the RC to the drone again.
2017-6-11
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

fans6c3ebc23 Posted at 2017-6-11 08:24
No I realized that this morning. However, the system didn't ask me to recalibrate.

Like post 2# mentioned, please do the calibrations, especially  the IMU calibration and compass calibration. If it is still the same, please send an email with the flight record and flight data to the support.us@dji.com, we'll look into it.
2017-6-11
Use props
fanse60fa0d7
lvl.2
Flight distance : 276844 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Suggest you do all calibrations and a full reset now that you've updated. My Phantom 3 dropped from the sky immediately after a firmware update. DJI blamed it on me and refused warranty.
My suggestion is if your drone if flying well then just don't update, the result is 50/50 with no help if things go wrong.
2017-6-13
Use props
P4PCommander
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1153681 ft
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-6-11 23:24
Just replied your thread , I would recommend you do a Remote Controller calibration, then re-link the RC to the drone again.

Why does DJI not care about Customers After the SALE! Does DJI not care at all about NEGATIVE STATEMENTS ABOUT THEM AND THE CUSTOMER SUPPORT THAT DOESN'T CARE! I HAVE ABOUT $3,500 USD INVESTED! AND I AM NOT HAPPY AT ALL WITH BEING IGNORED ABOUT THE FRAUD DJI HAS CAUSED WITH SOME OF THE PRODUCTS! Such as, Selling Products to North America Customers and not informing them that the Product only Displays in Metric!! WE DO NOT USE THE METRIC SYSTEM IN THE UNITED STATES!
2017-6-15
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

P4PCommander Posted at 2017-6-15 08:09
Why does DJI not care about Customers After the SALE! Does DJI not care at all about NEGATIVE STATEMENTS ABOUT THEM AND THE CUSTOMER SUPPORT THAT DOESN'T CARE! I HAVE ABOUT $3,500 USD INVESTED! AND I AM NOT HAPPY AT ALL WITH BEING IGNORED ABOUT THE FRAUD DJI HAS CAUSED WITH SOME OF THE PRODUCTS! Such as, Selling Products to North America Customers and not informing them that the Product only Displays in Metric!! WE DO NOT USE THE METRIC SYSTEM IN THE UNITED STATES!

Customer satisfaction is very important to us, we care much about your feedback on our product and service, I’ve transferred your feedback to the supervisor, will keep improving to make your experience with us better. As for the Measurement Unit, there are 3 options on the DJI Go and DJI Go 4, Imperial, Metric(Km/h) and Metirc(m/s).
2017-6-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules