Gimbal vibrates and can't calibrate after update
1061 6 2017-6-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
silvertonephoto
lvl.1
Flight distance : 738048 ft
Australia

Just updated firmware. Now gimbal vibrates and won't calibrate past 50%. Any thoughts?

2017-6-11
Use props
marcwoo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1165453 ft
Hong Kong

Similar problem to me on P4P. I solved it by downgrade to previous firmware version then re-upgrade to current version by using DJI assistant on computer, see if it helps.But you may want to switch off your P4A (I assume) for a while before you try, because the yaw motor of the gimbal became hot to touch even just turned on for a while when it make such noise.
2017-6-11
Use props
silvertonephoto
lvl.1
Australia

marcwoo Posted at 2017-6-11 01:07
Similar problem to me on P4P. I solved it by downgrade to previous firmware version then re-upgrade to current version by using DJI assistant on computer, see if it helps.But you may want to switch off your P4A (I assume) for a while before you try, because the yaw motor of the gimbal became hot to touch even just turned on for a while when it make such noise.

Cheers Marcwoo. Downgraded to previous firmware and no issues. But I will have to upgrade to fly yes? or be restricted to 30/50m?
2017-6-11
Use props
picky
lvl.2
Flight distance : 279 ft
Philippines

silvertonephoto Posted at 2017-6-11 02:43
Cheers Marcwoo. Downgraded to previous firmware and no issues. But I will have to upgrade to fly yes? or be restricted to 30/50m?

I had the same issue and  downgraded to the previous version  on the controller and quad. I dont  think any restrictions in place as we not have to sign in to use the quad. Incidentally my gimbal was very hot indeed and vibrating after the update. Great how many people upgrade and no issues at all. I will fly it in the morning any issue an I will let you know.
2017-6-11
Use props
marcwoo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1165453 ft
Hong Kong

silvertonephoto Posted at 2017-6-11 02:43

you can stay on the old version with no restriction as long as you don't upgrade the new DJI go app (my understandings.
On my P4P, upgrade to latest version after downgrade with DJI assistant, the gimbal issue didn't reappear either.( I am kind of being forced to update as the P4P+ controller's built-in DJI go crash frequently)

2017-6-11
Use props
will6224
lvl.2
Thailand

im having the same problems. Crazy new noise from gimbal and stuck at 50% calibration
2017-6-11
Use props
silvertonephoto
lvl.1
Australia

will6224 Posted at 2017-6-11 05:30
im having the same problems. Crazy new noise from gimbal and stuck at 50% calibration

Will6224 roll back to previous firmware on the drone. Didnt need to roll back on the controller firmware. All seems as normal now. AirSpace media showed me how.
2017-6-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules