Right stick showing movement when centre. Causing drifting
1009 4 2017-6-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jenkins
lvl.3
Flight distance : 10814 ft
United Kingdom

Hello. I hope I can get some help here. My right stick is constantly regstering as around 3 to the right when it is not being touched. This is causing a constant drift to the right. Making flying bery frustating. (Links to pics attached).

All I want to do is tell the controller there is no input and reset values to zero. Is this possible?

Things I have done:
Controller calibration - countless time
IMU calibration
Refreshed firmware on controller and Mavic through assistant. Also, reset Mavic to factory settings.
I CANNOT reset controller to factory settings. It always comes up as failed. I have no idea why or if this would help.

Running latest firmware but was also doing this on 600 which I stuck with as had no problems. It started doing it on 600 so I upgraded to see if it would help. It didn't.

I have refresh but don't want to send it back as I'm going on a month long trip to Thailand in a month and I know I probably wouldn't get it back in time. The holiday is the main reason I bought it. If this is a hardware fault I may bite the bullet and buy another controller.

I have been so lucky with this Mavic and now this happens...

Pics of errant readings https://goo.gl/photos/ninZxNxs99k7JCSg8

2017-6-11
Use props
WolfgangStiller
lvl.4
Flight distance : 599416 ft
United States

Is it possible you have something magnetic near the stick? If not, this sounds like it will require a repair so the choice is live  with it (I wouldn't) or send it in.
2017-6-11
Use props
Jenkins
lvl.3
United Kingdom

WolfgangStiller Posted at 2017-6-11 03:45
Is it possible you have something magnetic near the stick? If not, this sounds like it will require a repair so the choice is live  with it (I wouldn't) or send it in.

I fear you may be right. Unfortunately I will have to do it after my holiday so I will have to live with it for my holiday. Not happy about that. If only I had bought it from Apple I could just turn up and get a swap without weeks and weeks of RMA stress.
2017-6-11
Use props
WolfgangStiller
lvl.4
Flight distance : 599416 ft
United States

Jenkins Posted at 2017-6-11 05:18
I fear you may be right. Unfortunately I will have to do it after my holiday so I will have to live with it for my holiday. Not happy about that. If only I had bought it from Apple I could just turn up and get a swap without weeks and weeks of RMA stress.

Sorry about the difficulty.   it sounds like you may be OK to live with it for a short time.
2017-6-12
Use props
Jenkins
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Thanks Wolfgang. It still flies. Just some shots are much harder to get now than they would have been. Never mind I guess!
2017-6-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules