A Vacation to Belize with my Mavic Pro
2656 7 2017-6-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Wind Junkie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116165 ft
United States

I haven't posted on here in a few months but wanted to share a video I made using mainly my Mavic Pro (there are some GoPro shots too). Time and again I am continually impressed with my Mavic Pro and this video is just another example. I flew my Mavic Pro everyday in 20+ mph (some days had gust to the 30s). To get footage of the barrier reef (which is the world's second largest barrier reef) I had to fly directly into the face of strong, steady wind (again, over 20mph) nearly 2 miles out from where I was staying. I used Sport mode to make it happen and never had any issues. Video transmission was excellent, connectivity was strong and the Mavic got to the reef with using only 20% battery. I had plenty of juice left to get back in.
Enjoy!

2017-6-11
Use props
cristianc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1008143 ft
Australia

All I can say! Beautiful! damn I wish had my mavic when I visited Belize!
2017-6-11
Use props
ro_flyer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

Beautiful video and locations... try to avoid jerky moves and sudden changes in flight path to look more cinematic...
2017-6-11
Use props
Wind Junkie
lvl.4
United States

ro_flyer Posted at 2017-6-11 22:31
Beautiful video and locations... try to avoid jerky moves and sudden changes in flight path to look more cinematic...

Thanks! Yeah I realized that too, there are a few shots where I made a slight adjustment on the gimbal position, but due to timing of the shot I couldn't cut out the moment. I definitely learned a few things I want to do differently after making this trip.
2017-6-12
Use props
Wind Junkie
lvl.4
United States

cristianc Posted at 2017-6-11 17:21
All I can say! Beautiful! damn I wish had my mavic when I visited Belize!

Thank you! I am really lucky because I (embarrassingly) didn't read the laws around drones in Belize before I flew in from the States. Apparently recreational drones are illegal and you need to get permission through the Belizean government to bring them in/fly them. When I went through Customs in Belize City, they didn't search my camera bag, only my main checked bag. If you Google Belize drone laws, you can file a formal request to the government and pay a fee (of course) to submit an application for bringing a drone into the country. I'm glad it worked out though, the footage I got on a 4k TV is out of this world good. Thanks for watching!
2017-6-12
Use props
cristianc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1008143 ft
Australia

Wind Junkie Posted at 2017-6-12 06:19
Thank you! I am really lucky because I (embarrassingly) didn't read the laws around drones in Belize before I flew in from the States. Apparently recreational drones are illegal and you need to get permission through the Belizean government to bring them in/fly them. When I went through Customs in Belize City, they didn't search my camera bag, only my main checked bag. If you Google Belize drone laws, you can file a formal request to the government and pay a fee (of course) to submit an application for bringing a drone into the country. I'm glad it worked out though, the footage I got on a 4k TV is out of this world good. Thanks for watching!

Thank you for that information! Didn't know that.
2017-6-12
Use props
ro_flyer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

Wind Junkie Posted at 2017-6-12 06:16
Thanks! Yeah I realized that too, there are a few shots where I made a slight adjustment on the gimbal position, but due to timing of the shot I couldn't cut out the moment. I definitely learned a few things I want to do differently after making this trip.

Yes bro!! We are always learning!!! The secret is fly a lot and try new things!! Keep up the good work!!
2017-6-13
Use props
jim johnson
lvl.1
Flight distance : 133251 ft
United States

ro_flyer Posted at 2017-6-13 15:10
Yes bro!! We are always learning!!! The secret is fly a lot and try new things!! Keep up the good work!!

Any news on bringing drones to belize? Is it worth trying to take it or is customs actively looking ? I heard there are no permits for tourists. I got a mavic and wanted to take it to the cayes.
2018-1-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules