Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Motor Overload.... CONSTANTLY. Can't even fly for a minute
1580 4 2017-6-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Vortex Drone Se
lvl.1
Flight distance : 21296 ft
United States

Happy today all,
I trust all is well.

I've been having this problem for a while now.

My Inspire1 pro after about a minute of motors running gived WARNING! Motor Overload. Aircraft will decelerate to ensure safety.

1) I completely depleted my batteries and chanrged them a few times. No change
2) I don't start forcing the sticks or what you might call having a lead foot (err thumb)
3) Once the motors start running I take off and hover for about a minute before flying

This started when it was cold a few months ago. I thought it's the cold that's causing it.

But today is 80 degreed (F) still same issue.

There are no other warning in the app  like firmware upgrage, battery upgeade or anything like that.

Any solutions you provide will be greatly appreciated.

T.

2017-6-11
Use props
Mark Guille
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

Hi T,

This is just a safety feature, without which, one cell in the battery could drop to bellow 3v and the "intelligent" part will kick in and the battery will switch off, (splash/crunch). If you're not filming a race day and can afford to ignore it do just that.

Mark G.
2017-6-11
Use props
Flytcam_Shaun
lvl.2
United States

Lipo batteries are fickle to both extremes on the temperature curve.  The optimal range for most is between 25 and 40C.  Above 40C is caution range to 50C and above 50C you run the risk of thermal runaway of the battery and start chemically breaking down the electrolytic properties of the battery which can lead to a fire.  At the cooler end you risk Thermal Shock to the battery and also the electromotive flow or or discharge C rate of the battery is significantly reduced.  The thing I have noticed is that the TB47's are not optimal for the I1 Pro and RAW.  You get much better performance on the TB48.  The TB48 has a bit better discharge rate than the 47's.  Also if there no breeze they get hot on their quicker.  I have actually noticed if there is a little wind that if you cant the birds side into the wind that helps keep the battery from getting too hot too quickly.  If you are running the cool looking I1Pro Black, you hight want to invest in a white shell in the summer time.  In my area the I1Pro/raw blacks have more issues with the battery temps on the high end than the white birds.
2017-6-11
Use props
Vortex Drone Se
lvl.1
Flight distance : 21296 ft
United States

Thank you Mark & Shaun for the explanation.

Mark to your point about just going with it. When the warning comes it usually followed by Drone landing itself. Meaning wherever it is at the time.  Is there a way to combat that like stop moving for 20 secs etc.  Because I feel like I need to wear a diaper I am so scared of my expensive drone landing on the other side of tree line/  next neighborhood etc.   Thanks
2017-6-12
Use props
fansd845e849
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1495906 ft
Philippines

Check motor coils if its dark that means its burnt
2017-6-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules