Does anyone here make money monetizing their YouTube videos?
4559 32 2015-3-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HermosaDrones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3160344 ft
  • >>>
United States

I read that YouTube loses money on monetized ads, does anyone here make money at it? Most people here turn it on when they post something, but has anyone made more than say $10.00 from it?
2015-3-13
Use props
Glitch
lvl.2
United States

Probably not going to get (m)any "yes" replies from those in the US. (or at least you shouldn't). Not that they aren't making money, but it's not a good idea to talk about it.

"The first rule about making money with your Phantom is don't talk about making money with your Phantom!

The second rule... is don't talk about making money with your phantom!"
2015-3-13
Use props
gnixon2015
lvl.4

United States

i think hermosa is asking generally about youtube not specifically about DRONE videos on youtube
2015-3-13
Use props
markus2015
lvl.4

Germany

In order to make any money with clips on youtube, you will generally require at least 1 million clicks, preferably within a couple of weeks to receive payment worth mentioning. There are not many drone footage clips online achieving this.
2015-3-13
Use props
droneflyers.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

I started and ran Hearth.com for 18 years - I had a couple videos which made a few bucks...but "few bucks" is the right word. Here is a little factory tour that may have made me perhaps $3 a month..,so, yeah, that's $36 a year.....

In a general sense, written contents can make a lot more $$$ than video content or podcasts, etc.

Income very much depends on the subject matter. That video above only has 17,000 views over 6 years, yet it's probably made $200 total or more.  If that had a million views, I'd have made 60X that or $12,000 from it.

I think it's safe to say that if you don't go into the thousands of views on each (of many) videos you make, you will hardly see a dime. You may make more by putting an affiliate link in the video description....maybe someone will follow it and buy a quad, etc.
2015-3-13
Use props
jaamaan123
New

Netherlands

My channel youtube.com/jaamaan123 makes about 1$ per 1000 views.
I have been working on sharing motorcycle video's there for about 2-3 years.
So it is hard work earning money on youtube if you video's dont go viral.
But I have seen minecraft gameplay channels with 3 million subs, I am sure they make good money ;)
2015-3-14
Use props
HermosaDrones
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

droneflyers i watched the entire video to support the cause.  this is the info i've been looking for, and why i turned of monetization on all of mine.  If I get millions of views i will try to monetize it, but for now, we're good without it.
2015-3-14
Use props
rrbcap
lvl.2

United States

I have made a lot of $,$$$ on my channel on just a couple vids in a year.  Due to youtube terms I can't disclose but yes, there is a lot of money to be made.  check out socialblade.com and you will see!
2015-3-14
Use props
droneflyers.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

Those who want a LOT of information on this stuff should join Quora, where people (myself included) share much of this information

Here is a more detailed look at making money from video:
http://www.bothsidesofthetable.c ... rong-about-youtube/

As I suggested above, youtube is only part of the puzzle...often an affiliate link in a youtube video (in the description or a clickable place in the vid) can make income. Better yet, those of you with web sites can do some written information and then have your video inside that article, post or thread. This way you can make affiliate, advertising, etc. income from written as well as video content.
2015-3-14
Use props
HermosaDrones
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Go on, droneflyers.com...
2015-3-14
Use props
waitsmd
New

United States

Glitch Posted at 2015-3-14 00:15
Probably not going to get (m)any "yes" replies from those in the US. (or at least you shouldn't). No ...

good point!

i have not monetized my youtube but i know some that have and never heard a word from them about it since so I am assuming the only ones that due are the channels with multiple multi million view videos
2015-7-21
Use props
ElzaQ
Banned

Ukraine

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-7-6
Use props
ElzaQ
Banned

Ukraine

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-7-6
Use props
mikeon
lvl.4
United States

If our aerial videos made in USA were monetized, wouldn't that constitute commercial use requiring the FAA remote pilot certificate?
2016-7-6
Use props
DNR 5
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1689478 ft
United States

Technically, yes. But the FAA is not enforcing it.
2016-7-7
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

mikeon Posted at 2016-7-6 23:26
If our aerial videos made in USA were monetized, wouldn't that constitute commercial use requiring t ...

That's a popular myth but not true.
The story comes from March 2015 when one FAA official overstepped his authority.
The FAA clarified the situation soon after.
Details are in this article: http://www.forbes.com/sites/greg ... ideos/#373d685e405b
2016-7-7
Use props
lisawatson001
New

India

yes I make money online from youtube monetized ads I have a couple of videos on my channel for make income you should read youtube guidelines
2018-1-12
Use props
lisawatson001
New

India

yes I make money online from youtube monetized ads I have a couple of videos on my channel for make income you should read youtube guidelines
2018-1-12
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

In the USA, you'd need a 107.  
2018-1-13
Use props
embayweather
Second Officer
Flight distance : 556667 ft
United Kingdom

It was made clear to me that a PfCO was needed here in the UK if anyone, not just yourself, made money or profited from a product made by a drone. That could mean a charity using the image further down the line, or even someone who pirated parts of your product.
2018-1-13
Use props
seosolution
New

I make good money on my youtube channel I give credit SEO For Solution which is best SEO service provider company in Bangladesh
2018-4-28
Use props
BobUnplugged
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1140502 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have almost a million views on YouTube.  But almost half of them come from a single video.  And it doesn't have anything to do with drones.  But I have had a couple of drone videos that did fairly well, but nothing that I would call "success."

If you're looking to make money on YouTube with drone videos, my best advice would be to make videos that don't focus on drones or even drone shots.  Make your videos about popular subjects, and then use your drone to give the subject a fresh perspective.
2018-4-29
Use props
djiuser_2RiclxSKtDUM
lvl.1
United States

YouTube has changed the monetize requirements, i think you have to have 1000 followers and 4000 hours of viewing time
2018-4-29
Use props
FuZZyPiLOT
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1353215 ft
Ireland

djiuser_2RiclxSKtDUM Posted at 2018-4-29 03:21
YouTube has changed the monetize requirements, i think you have to have 1000 followers and 4000 hours of viewing time

And if you drop below either of the requirements mentioned within a 12 month period you are drop immediately and unable to monetize videos.
2018-4-29
Use props
John Gaarg
lvl.1

Ukraine

I know that now there are many services on the Internet that offer an increase in the number of subscribers and views. How I understand that this statistics will also be taken  during monetization. That is, it can be considered as a small cashback?
2019-2-14
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

Monetize ....

There are some who made a reasonable income - till recently - then reduced. RCModelReviews is a good example ... and his Xjet channels.

I looked into it but then soon found that many videos were refused due to 'over-zealous' Copyright rules of YT. Add that to the click numbers and subscribers needed and I reckon it will be difficult for anyone to qualify now from scratch.
2019-2-15
Use props
LaslieHarley
lvl.1

Hi, I can say that when I used the service  to increase views and subscribers, this statistic was taken into account when monetizing my account. The service itself is not paid off, but there is a small bonus.
2019-2-15
Use props
shokoman
lvl.1

Ukraine

LaslieHarley Posted at 2-15 05:54
Hi, I can say that when I used the service  to increase views and subscribers, this statistic was taken into account when monetizing my account. The service itself is not paid off, but there is a small bonus.

This is great news for me, thanks! And it does not depend on the service? What service did you use? I used https://youtubegrow.com/ for this.  I think that there should be no difference, but maybe there are some differences.
2019-2-19
Use props
rikkirose
New

what is this service for?
2019-2-19
Use props
shokoman
lvl.1

Ukraine

To increase views and subscribers to YouTube. It is very useful at the start, for quick statistics, and further promotion of your channel. Do you have your own channel ?

2019-2-19
Use props
LaslieHarley
lvl.1

Ukraine

shokoman Posted at 2-19 12:06
This is great news for me, thanks! And it does not depend on the service? What service did you use? I used https://youtubegrow.com/ for this.  I think that there should be no difference, but maybe there are some differences.

I used another one
2019-2-19
Use props
rikkirose
New

shokoman Posted at 2-19 14:00
To increase views and subscribers to YouTube. It is very useful at the start, for quick statistics, and further promotion of your channel. Do you have your own channel ?

That is, if I use the  service, will I be able to increase the number of views and subscribers in YouTube? Does it really work?
2019-2-28
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Russia

I think most have found out - nothing in life is free !!
2019-2-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules