Newer Tablet and constant disconnects
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Blackbeagle
lvl.3
Flight distance : 56 ft
United States

I am trying to figure out if this tablet is compatible with the P3A. I've had the tablet for over a year. It's a Samsung Galaxy Tab A. It has worked with the P3A in the past. But very inconsistant. Sometimes it works, meaning the signal is picked up, the visuals are on the screeen, and off I go. Sometimes it doesn't work. I can't see anything on the screen.
I"m using Litchi, but also have DJI Go installed as well.

Back in early May, I took it to a racepark to do some recording and it didn't work. No visual. I can start it up and fly it. But I can't see on the tablet. So switched to my phone and it worked fine (LG V20). But then I crashed it on that flight and had to send it in for repairs.
So this weekend was my first flight. I took it out to a park and again, couldn't see anything. Couldn't get it to calibrate (meaning I press calibrate and nothing happens). I start up the motors and flew it around for 15 minutes before it started raining. So I packed it in.

Why is this happening? Can anyone tell me? Is it the tablet? For some reason when I'm on my deck, it works. But as soon as I leave to another location it doens't work. It can't be because of the Wifi can it? This weekend, when I started up Litchi, I couldn't even see the map on the tablet. It was all black.

Hoping for some help.

Thanks.
2017-6-12
Use props
Fly Dawg
lvl.1
United States

Yes, it can be the Wi Fi. I as well used a Galaxy Tab A with my P3A, but have since changed to a Galaxy Tab S2
for the faster processor. Manly for video break up. Anyway, what you need to do is cache the maps. If you are
already doing that, then I don't know what is going on. While on your deck, works fine right? Of coarse if you
are connected to internet at that spot, it will. Cache your maps there before you fly elsewhere. That may be what
you are seeing.
2017-6-12
Use props
Fly Dawg
lvl.1
United States

Just to expand on that, you had a cellular connection with your phone, that's why it worked.
Android if finiky about what phone and tablets work well with Go and Litchi. And if you have
not cached maps before, while connected to Wi Fi, just zoom in and out on the area you plan
to fly and then turn the Wi Fi Off on the tablet. The maps will be cached and that should fix
what your issue appears to be.
2017-6-12
Use props
Blackbeagle
lvl.3
United States

OK. Cache the map. I will try that. But the fact it, I still can't see anything on the tablet. Lens cover off.  It's all black. How would you account for that?
2017-6-12
Use props
CP3PO
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10 ft
United States

I have the same issues I have a Galaxy tab pro it works great when im close to home/ internet but as soon as it can't see wifi it gets real mad at me and is iffy at best .But when I use my phone its flawless
2017-6-12
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

Hi, this is what types of Samsung work best with the Phantom 3 Advanced:

Android Version v3.1.5.
Requires Android 4.1.2 or later.Compatible with Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 6p, Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Huawei P8 Max, Huawei Mate 8, LG V20, Nubia Z7 mini, Sony Xperia Z3, MI 3, MI PAD, Smartisan T1.

Have you reinstalled the Go App and reset the remote?

2017-6-12
Use props
Blackbeagle
lvl.3
United States

I don't use DJI Go App. I use Litchi. It doesn't matter. When it doesn 't work on one, it won't work on the other. I've tried. But I've not 'reset' the remote. You think it could be solved by simply reinstalling Go App?
I had a Galaxy note 2014. THat works flawlessly. But the something shorted out with the battery. So once every 15-minute or so, the thing would reboot. I can't have it doing that when I'm flying.  If this issue doesn't get solved with the current tablet, I may have to use my phone full time for flying. I rather not do that, but if need be, i will.
2017-6-12
Use props
Fly Dawg
lvl.1
United States

UN-Install either Go or Litchi and try one at a time without the other installed.
See if that helps. And you did not say you were not getting video feed. You only
mentioned the maps. Video feed is a completely separate issue.
2017-6-12
Use props
Blackbeagle
lvl.3
United States

Well that's my issue. I have no maps and I have no video. I can start it up and fly but that's about it. What is the cause? That's what I'm trying to figure out.
2017-6-13
Use props
Blackbeagle
lvl.3
United States

So I used my phone last night on my deck and no problem. Well ....at least not with starting it up and seeing everything on my phone. I got it up in the air and right away, it started floating away towards the biggest tree in my yard. I tried to make corrections, but it didn't respond fast enough. I had prop guards on but it still sliced through some of the leaves and took a 20ft  tumble.  Good Grief. I thought I'd never crash again. But it still happens. Broke one of the Prop guards and snapped that propeller in half. No other visible damage as it fell on thick grass.

No more backyard flying. I've crashed it twice now in the backyard.
2017-6-14
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Blackbeagle Posted at 2017-6-14 13:49
So I used my phone last night on my deck and no problem. Well ....at least not with starting it up and seeing everything on my phone. I got it up in the air and right away, it started floating away towards the biggest tree in my yard. I tried to make corrections, but it didn't respond fast enough. I had prop guards on but it still sliced through some of the leaves and took a 20ft  tumble.  Good Grief. I thought I'd never crash again. But it still happens. Broke one of the Prop guards and snapped that propeller in half. No other visible damage as it fell on thick grass.

The newer firmware updates seem to be req
2017-6-14
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Blackbeagle Posted at 2017-6-14 13:49

The newer firmware updates seem to be requiring more and more processing power from the attached device. As DJI-Mark suggested, look at the approved list, your Tab A is not on it, nor is your phone. If you want to solve the problem, then it is best to get an approved phone/tablet.
2017-6-14
Use props
Blackbeagle
lvl.3
United States

My LG V20  phone works fine. It's my Samsung Galaxy Tab that's the problem. But again, if it doesn't work, it shouldn't work at all. But this thing have worked before. I've used this tablet before and it has worked. The inconsistency is what drives me nuts. But moving forward, I will only use my phone.
2017-6-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules