Apple Lighting cable problems
2926 7 2017-6-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TrinkVean
New
United Kingdom

I had problems with the DJI Go app losing connection with the drone mid flight and this turned out to be the original cable from the side connector to the iphone which is being replace (maybe, its been 2 months now).
I changed to using an original apple cable from my phone charger to the central usb connector on the remote and its fine but a bit long so I bought a short non apple cable.  This worked for a few weeks but then started cutting out. I then bought 3 cheap USB to Lightning cables from Ebay and none of these work with the remote but are all OK as phone chargers.
Is there somthing special about apple original cables that makes them work between the handset and an Iphone6+ ?
Barry
2017-6-12
Use props
Petroboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3681 ft
Canada

Yes, they cost more.  Seriously though, I learned to look for the "Apple certified" rating when buying these cables.  Even still there's no guarantee that they are indeed Apple certified.
2017-6-12
Use props
aEROREEL
lvl.1
United States

I have found these to work great. I too didnt like the length of the Apple Lighting cables.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0177L6A4O/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_dp_T1_apRpzb2MD958H
2017-6-12
Use props
aEROREEL
lvl.1
United States

Not sure why that link didnt work. Try this link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0177L ... dp_T1_nuRpzbM702XS4
2017-6-12
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Yes, there's a microchip in these cables for authentication, I think that's what requires Apple certification.
2017-6-12
Use props
noob
lvl.2

Singapore

I wonder if the disconnection has less to do with hardware than with the RC firmware or the app or iOS.  I say this because when I experienced such disconnections, the connections are restored when I either restart the iOS device or simply unplug and re-plugin one end of the USB-lightning cable.  And this is regardless of whether I was using the DJI RC lightning connector or Apple's lightning cable connected to the USB port.  Furthermore it behaves similarly on the 2 DJI RCs that I own, making it improbable that both cables that came with my RCs as well as my Apple USB-lightning cables are faulty.  Anyone able to shed more light or add to the collective data on this?
2017-6-12
Use props
way wrong
lvl.4
Flight distance : 351631 ft
Estonia

I'm using iPad Air+LTE and iPhone7+LTE. Newer firmwares do not cause any connection problems only when I'm near mobile coverage area and phone or tablet modem keeps switching network signal frequency. Devices modem amplifier turns to max mode thenl in it will disturb Mavics RC signal.
2017-6-12
Use props
shorey
lvl.4
Flight distance : 445630 ft
United Kingdom

I believe it is MFi certification that you need on a lighting cable
2017-6-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules