Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Will you put a tracker on your Spark?
44488 62 2017-6-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Brambleman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 20627 ft
United States

Daaraen Posted at 2017-9-3 10:10
Today I took a first flight with the Tile Sport tracker attached and it went prety good. Although I lost connection for about 5 seconds in 50m hight.
Not sure if that was because of the tracker as I also had some interreuptions before.
You can easily fix the trakcer with some rubber bands, I also added some yarn just in case.

Thank you for the pics. I was pondering this exact setup with the Tile Sport, and was curious how big it was on the spark. Watched a YouTube video where the flight log only got him so close, but then it took forever to find in tall grass. Figure I should be able to get within the 200ft range of the BT tracker to initiate the 80db beeping.  Plus if it is stuck in a tree, GPS coordinates would get you there, but the beeping would get you to look up and find it.
2017-11-21
Use props
OneDoesNotSimply
lvl.4
Flight distance : 662644 ft
United States

Today I took a first flight with the Tile Sport tracker attached and it went prety good. Although I lost connection for about 5 seconds in 50m hight.
Not sure if that was because of the tracker as I also had some interreuptions before.
You can easily fix the trakcer with some rubber bands, I also added some yarn just in case.

If you have a Dremel or small saw you can cut the metal ring and then peel it off. It will save you a lot of weight and reduce the chance of compass interference.
2018-7-29
Use props
Alexey Batalov
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

I have a tk 102 tracker currently on my spark.
2018-7-29
Use props
djiuser_4PzBREh
lvl.1

Russia

Alexey Batalov Posted at 2018-7-29 08:37
I have a tk 102 tracker currently on my spark.

Wish to see, how it is arranged. Send you PM
2018-8-13
Use props
djiuser_4PzBREh
lvl.1

Russia

Let us have a look -how is it arranged? Send you PM
2018-8-13
Use props
Alexey Batalov
lvl.4

Spain

It is attached to the bottom with velcro. The velcro is attached to the battery.
Safe Flying
2018-8-13
Use props
djiuser_4PzBREh
lvl.1

Russia

Alexey Batalov Posted at 2018-8-13 05:11
It is attached to the bottom with velcro. The velcro is attached to the battery.
Safe Flying

I'l try) Thanks a lot!
2018-8-14
Use props
Carmenvail
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1521201 ft
United States

Do you think you could just velcro it to the top?
2018-8-14
Use props
Alex Batalov
lvl.4

Spain

Velcro to the bottom, to the battery is better. I tried Velcro on top and the blades won’t spin, the gps was in the way.

Safe Flying.
Alex.
2018-8-19
Use props
Greg F
lvl.4
Flight distance : 944308 ft
Australia

Would be much easier if DJI made drones with either a GPS or Bluetooth tracker inside them.    With GPS they could charge pilots for the service.   Most would pay the extra for peace of mind.

It's another way to sell your drones over the competition.   Our (DJI)  drones come standard with tracking devices..
2018-8-19
Use props
Daniella3d
lvl.4
Canada

Greg F Posted at 8-19 15:46
Would be much easier if DJI made drones with either a GPS or Bluetooth tracker inside them.    With GPS they could charge pilots for the service.   Most would pay the extra for peace of mind.

Would this holder work to hold a tracker? I mean if you remove the light and put the tracker at its place, like the small tracker with an antenna?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/ ... .0.0.6c282e0eT8FmTs
2018-12-24
Use props
Alex B.
lvl.4

Spain

Daniella3d Posted at 12-24 05:53
Would this holder work to hold a tracker? I mean if you remove the light and put the tracker at its place, like the small tracker with an antenna?

Just get some Velcro tape and that’s it.
This contraption is not necessary
I just use some Velcro tape.

Fly safely
Alex
2018-12-24
Use props
Sulla
lvl.1

Australia

I have used TILE on my car keys for over 3 years now. Sometimes it finds them and sometimes it does not!

Normally within 10 - 20 metres.

For a drone I would search for a more sophisticated option.

The best bet is to keep your drone within visual range.

I would not rely on a TILE!
2018-12-25
Use props
BMelody
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3146 ft
United States

What ever method (tracker) you decide to try, be sure NOT to attach it to the top of the Spark. Dead center under the Spark cover is the GPS antenna. Do not cover it up with anything that could possibly attenuate the GPS signal from the satellites. I use a Marco Polo RC tracker puck mounted under the battery.  
2018-12-25
Use props
Daniella3d
lvl.4
Canada

BMelody Posted at 12-25 09:11
What ever method (tracker) you decide to try, be sure NOT to attach it to the top of the Spark. Dead center under the Spark cover is the GPS antenna. Do not cover it up with anything that could possibly attenuate the GPS signal from the satellites. I use a Marco Polo RC tracker puck mounted under the battery.

can you show us some picture please? The spark is so small, hard to find a spot. the problem with the Marco Polo is that it cost almost as much as the Spark.
2018-12-25
Use props
Cravenfan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 125256 ft
United States

BMelody Posted at 12-25 09:11

Ya, kinda just ended my plans on the tracker, never put anything on mine. If I ever lose it, I’d hope that the Find My Drone app on DJIGO4 would suffice.
2018-12-25
Use props
Alex B.
lvl.4

Spain

Cravenfan Posted at 12-25 15:32
Ya, kinda just ended my plans on the tracker, never put anything on mine. If I ever lose it, I’d hope that the Find My Drone app on DJIGO4 would suffice.

If the drone disconnects from the remote, then it will not suffice.
That’s how I lost my first spark.
Now for the second one I bought on Amazon for 20 euros a tk102 tracker that i attached with Velcro to the bottom, to the battery. And I have o issues, no interference, nothing.
It works perfectly.

Flysafely
Alex
2018-12-25
Use props
Mark S
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41801 ft
United States

The new version 2 PingGPS is on sale for New Year's for $99 (USD).  It has a reported weigh of 27 grams.  It comes with 2 months of free tracking service and after that it is $3.99/mo (USD).

https://pinggps.com

I have been watching these for a while and compared specs with other types and brands and this looks like the best (at least from the product Websites).  The new version 2 at 27 grams is less than the weight of 4 propeller guards on a Spark.

Once I get it I will report the results here after a few flights.
2018-12-29
Use props
Daniella3d
lvl.4
Canada

Alex B. Posted at 12-25 20:23
If the drone disconnects from the remote, then it will not suffice.
That’s how I lost my first spark.
Now for the second one I bought on Amazon for 20 euros a tk102 tracker that i attached with Velcro to the bottom, to the battery. And I have o issues, no interference, nothing.

that's Murphey's law...now that you have a tracker on it, it will never again fly away. lol!
2018-12-29
Use props
pianoplayer7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 259055 ft
United States

Daniella3d Posted at 2018-12-29 13:14
that's Murphey's law...now that you have a tracker on it, it will never again fly away. lol!

I know, right?!
2019-1-2
Use props
davidmartingraf
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would like to put a trackimo on my Spark except that ultimately there are so many negatives to that proposition and one positive if everything works out in the event you need to rely on the device...
2019-1-3
Use props
Greg - TheHuski
lvl.4
Flight distance : 944308 ft
Australia

Daniella3d Posted at 2018-12-24 05:53

looks good to me  
2019-1-3
Use props
JohnBaker
New
Flight distance : 322 ft
Canada

swerly Posted at 2017-6-12 10:45
I hadn't ever thought about it, but, i really like the tile idea!

I've tried the new tile "sticker". It's small and sits on top between the blades. Also waterproof. Not loud but using it as a locater within 50 feet or so it's great. It is Bluetooth and I'm using an otg cable between controller and android phone. Doesn't appear to give any interference. It is better than nothing and is cheap. You usually know approximately where it is, the sticker will then lead you in hopefully.
IMG_20200118_231549.jpg
2020-1-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules