Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Needing help with a trip to Europe
1482 15 2017-6-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ispywithmylittl
lvl.1
Flight distance : 148301 ft
United States

I'm heading to Europe here soon and am excited to get some cool shots. Does anyone have any suggestions for flying in Europe (regulations, what to look out for) I assume it will draw a lot of attention and that's not what I want.
Also, if anyone has any suggestions for a good bag that can carry more than just the mavic, I'm in the market for one.

2017-6-12
Use props
Mcflying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 243753 ft
Netherlands

Hi Ispywithmylittl,

I am an European

Contrary to the US in Europe every nation has it's own drone laws.
So in one European country you can fly the living hell out of your Mavic while in other European country you risk of being executed.
Oke not executed,......pulled apart by 4 horses probably.

So which countries do you wanna visit?
2017-6-12
Use props
Wellsi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8330187 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Uk and France are similar; 400 feet altitude; stay in VLOS assumed to be 500 metres distance... Belgium is pretty much illegal everywhere unless you're on private property.  
As said, Europe is a big place and each of the 40+ countries have their own laws which vary wildly, as do the punishments for ignoring them

Cheers,
Ian
2017-6-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

going to europe you need to be more specific.
2017-6-12
Use props
floco
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1060853 ft
France

Indeed, every country is different.
In Austria there is NO way you can fly without an Austrian accreditation (pilot licence)
In France you need to check VERY precisely the map as to which area you are allowed to fly or not. Seriously: it's precise to within a few meters. Impossible to fly over any city. So of course, not in Paris or even within 30 km of Paris. The fine is 75000 euros. And forget about even seeing your drone again.
Italy.... well a tourist got fined 135000 euros (no typo) for flying over the Colliseum.
Switzerland is a lot easier.
Any flying certification you might need to have will ONLY ever be applicable to a single country: you cannot use a French certification in Austria.

My tip is if you don't know EXACTLY the regulations of where you are flying and have all your certifications, don't do it: the fines are crazy and simply not worth it for your footage.
2017-6-12
Use props
fans91976880
New
Flight distance : 175128 ft
Ireland

Ireland's drone laws are identical to American FAA , except maybe for that recent registration ruling
2017-6-12
Use props
NoSale
lvl.3
Flight distance : 460958 ft
United States

Mcflying Posted at 2017-6-12 11:14
Hi Ispywithmylittl,

I am an European

I frequently travel to The Netherlands and have often thought this would be a wonderful place to fly.  Beautiful countryside.

How friendly are Dutch regulations for drones?........
2017-6-12
Use props
Ispywithmylittl
lvl.1
United States

Mcflying Posted at 2017-6-12 11:14
Hi Ispywithmylittl,

I am an European

Thanks for replying. Going to Budapest, Austria, Bulgaria and Italy
2017-6-12
Use props
Ispywithmylittl
lvl.1
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-6-12 11:25
going to europe you need to be more specific.

Going to Budapest, Austria, Bulgaria and Italy (Bologna, Florence and Rome). By the sounds of it, I might not be flying very much
2017-6-12
Use props
Mcflying
lvl.4
Netherlands

NoSale Posted at 2017-6-12 15:35
I frequently travel to The Netherlands and have often thought this would be a wonderful place to fly.  Beautiful countryside.

How friendly are Dutch regulations for drones?........

Hi NoSale,

Basicly,...:

FLY ONLY DURING DAYLIGHT
ALWAYS KEEP THE DRONE IN SIGHT
NOT ABOVE 120 METERS
NEVER FLY OVER/ABOVE BUILDINGS, ROADS AND PEOPLE
NEVER FLY IN "NO FLY ZONES" AND AROUND AIRFIELD
RESPECT ANOTHER PRIVACY AND RUST
USE YOUR BRAIN

No fly zones can be found at:
https://kadata.kadaster.nl/dronekaart/
2017-6-12
Use props
Mcflying
lvl.4
Netherlands

Ispywithmylittl Posted at 2017-6-12 16:27
Going to Budapest, Austria, Bulgaria and Italy (Bologna, Florence and Rome). By the sounds of it, I might not be flying very much

Budapest and Bulgaria i have no clou.

Austria and Italy (Bologna, Florence and Rome),...you will be seperated by 4 horses and thrown into the sea.
2017-6-12
Use props
floco
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1060853 ft
France

Italy: no cities or beaches, max 70m high and you NEED a liability insurance. But yes, Mcflying is right, you'll probably be separated by 4 horses whatever you try.
Austria: don't even think about it.
2017-6-13
Use props
shorey
lvl.4
Flight distance : 445630 ft
United Kingdom

UK is fairly relaxed compared to other examples above. Just be cautious in the major cities.
2017-6-13
Use props
Dronoob
lvl.4
Flight distance : 126079 ft
Germany

Hungary/Budapest seems to be tricky. They do not have a new law ready and recommend to not fly over private property (that is not yours) and public space. They also have specific rules for transportation. If you fly from Budapest, you have to check-in the drone in your luggage. As far as I know it is not allowed to have the drone in cabin luggage.
2017-6-13
Use props
Ispywithmylittl
lvl.1
United States

Mcflying Posted at 2017-6-12 23:08
Budapest and Bulgaria i have no clou.

Austria and Italy (Bologna, Florence and Rome),...you will be seperated by 4 horses and thrown into the sea.

I'm pretty attached to my arms and legs so I'd rather keep those. Thanks for the help. My Mavic might have to sit this one out
2017-6-13
Use props
NoSale
lvl.3
Flight distance : 460958 ft
United States

Mcflying Posted at 2017-6-12 23:06
Hi NoSale,

Basicly,...:

Appreciate the information.  I have friends in the area of Gornichem and we have visited Heusden in the past, as well as other parts along the river in that area.  I have always thought this to be a very scenic part of the country and it looks like flying is not too restrictive.

I'll have to study the map in more detail for some of the other areas I plan to travel to at some point.  Looking forward to returning with my Mavic in the near future........
2017-6-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules